Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

It has been noted elsewhere that all the generic none DA specific models that can be used by the DA have recently been added the the DA section of the GW online store with the exception on the tactical box. This is very interesting and gives me hope for a DA tactical box

I've replied to it just 2 posts before :lol:

Don't know if it's in the right thread, but the tacticals are gone from the troop section of the DA on the GW website ...

It seems the devastators and the assault squads aren't either, nor in the BA parts...

It's more a problem of forgetting to put it in the section rather than a deliberate choice...

To add to the "ops i forgot" theory i notice that Black knights are both in QG (the RWCS is Here Too) and in FA section and the DS is in HS (since the new site landed i may add) instead of FA...

In MT section they lacks totally the Commissar in HQ and both CS and MT Scions are in Élite instead of HQ and troops...

It's a problem common in all GW site. .

i bought the C:SM with the datacards and 2 DA upgrade sprues (if GW made the CF/IF sprue i would have bought 2 of those too)...

now my money is ready for the TDA librarian and the DA Int-Chap too...the codex? i think i will buy it too but not the limited edition... 

I started putting a bit aside when C:SM rumors started.

Me too... but I am picking up my C:SM book and cards tomorrow. At least I didn't get the limited edition.

Same, but it's never enough tongue.png

Truth bro.

With this codex I was thinking of going Limited but I realized by not buying the limited Marine codex I actually saved about 110 dollars, and that's basically saying "Don't buy the limited and get 2 'free' units of Devastators with your regular codex".

Twisted logic? Perhaps, but I'm very good at convincing myself of doing stupid things.

I am still on the fence here. My suspicion is the codex is going to be very similar... little tweaks that can make a world of difference. I have so many Dark Angel models though I'd literally only 'have to buy' anything that would be classified as new.

So I guess I CAN buy the LIMITED!

(See what I just did there? I'm a genius)

Good to finally see a fresh rumor about a new codex. My hope is rekindled. Doesn't look like Deathwing will get two heavies in a squad of five, judging by the SM dex. Still, if they are cheaper, have dreadnoughts with 4 attacks, and do something decent with the Deathwing formation, they just might approach viability again...

I'll probably buy the LE of our dex as I'm currently flush with money thanks to our company getting a sweet new business contract in northern Canada.

I'm currently thibking of going postal on army expansion:

Vindicator

New interrogator chaplain

Dreadnaught maybe

Drop pod

Tacticals

In going to make the gw guy a very happy man across the next 4 months.

I'll probably buy the LE of our dex as I'm currently flush with money thanks to our company getting a sweet new business contract in northern Canada.

I'm currently thibking of going postal on army expansion:

Vindicator

New interrogator chaplain

Dreadnaught maybe

Drop pod

Tacticals

In going to make the gw guy a very happy man across the next 4 months.

aura _enchanted...

I would wait the codex before doing any purchase...

I bought one DT/NJF based only on the model and it's still sitting in its box after i saw the rules... tongue.png

Honestly, those are probibly good choices aura... Its grav devs and centurions I would wait on...

So has the "Dark Angels" tactical squad entry fully gone for everyone? I'm definitely suspecting we're going to get something like the BA kit with GW charging extra for some robes. Which honestly, given the amount of bits I've heard you get from that kit, I wouldn't be that upset by if it meant I could get more bloody tabards and robes.

I wish I could buy limited, but any spare dough I get goes to models and paints. One annoying thing about making a Ravenwing Army is how much cash is sucks up compared to Greenwing. And given the godawful art in the C:SM Codex, I am not having that high hopes quality-wise for any new Dark Angel Codex, even if we tend to get better fluff than normal.

EDIT

Any suspicions as to who wrote the upcoming Dex? As I understand they tend to cycle writers, so was anyone "up" this time?

Codex Dark Angels (regular and small format) is no longer showing up on the UK website, iPad edition still there though.

Codex is no longer on US website. First I have noticed it here.  I've been checking daily.  Number of items jumped from 35 to 60 to review.  GW is adding all DA useable SM items to DA webstore for US now.  Didn't see dev or tactical squad as noted above.

Spark of hope is starting to catch fire, but would still like to see it in black and white or color.....

So has the "Dark Angels" tactical squad entry fully gone for everyone? I'm definitely suspecting we're going to get something like the BA kit with GW charging extra for some robes. Which honestly, given the amount of bits I've heard you get from that kit, I wouldn't be that upset by if it meant I could get more bloody tabards and robes.

I wish I could buy limited, but any spare dough I get goes to models and paints. One annoying thing about making a Ravenwing Army is how much cash is sucks up compared to Greenwing. And given the godawful art in the C:SM Codex, I am not having that high hopes quality-wise for any new Dark Angel Codex, even if we tend to get better fluff than normal.

EDIT

Any suspicions as to who wrote the upcoming Dex? As I understand they tend to cycle writers, so was anyone "up" this time?

The arts not too bad, just different style. I do prefer the grittier stuff though.

I haven't seen anything about codex authors for ages. Don't they just put the "design team" in it or something like that so they dont get as much "Matt Ward rage"? Do they include that info in white dwarf (I haven't bought one since the format change)?

Archived