Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

So after reviewing the leaked images it doesnt look like inner circle is a thing anymore and fearless is handed out to HQs but not all, Sammeal specifically has fearless while belial doesnt and neither have inner circle.....the cool kids club is going away folks :(

.....I really liked my super secret circle of friends

??? It doesn't have to have a rule for it to be in the fluff. Fluff != rules and rules != fluff all the time.

Also, Belial has Fearless by virtue of the Deathwing rule he has.

Deathwing: A model with this special rule has the Fearless and Hatred (Chaos Space Marines) special rules.

Based on what the DWK might be, Im glad ive got a squad of 10 of those jerks.

Honestly i bet you people who don't know or aren't familiar with DA are going to say "oh, I didn't know DA got new units"

Based on what the DWK might be, Im glad ive got a squad of 10 of those jerks.

Honestly i bet you people who don't know or aren't familiar with DA are going to say "oh, I didn't know DA got new units"

the dwcs will always be my homies their too much of a battlefield modifier, your army can just shift like really nice sports car when they get stuck in and start putting in work.

I believe we will, it's still on the Black Library and even mentions Interromancy, think the new discipline has been planned for a while.

It's a word used in the name of a special rule: "Focussed Interromancy", but that rule refers only to Mind Worm.  It's somewhat of a leap to take one word and assume it somehow alludes to an entire discipline. 

It seems I will use DA rules for my Death knights msn-wink.gif

Honestly DA and BT will mix pretty well after this release. Dark Angels supply the shooty part of the army with Greenwing backed up by Ravenwing Formations, while BT's bring Cursader Squads, transport spam, centurions, and vindicators to play. DA effectively perform a drive by on the enemy while the BT allies follow up with shock and awe- Vindicators unleashing multiple volleys before the BT transports move flat-out and deploy multiple crusader squads that bumrush the objectives while greenwing moves up to provide covering fire.

??? It doesn't have to have a rule for it to be in the fluff. Fluff != rules and rules != fluff all the time.

Also, Belial has Fearless by virtue of the Deathwing rule he has.

Deathwing: A model with this special rule has the Fearless and Hatred (Chaos Space Marines) special rules.

Oh thank the emperor! Haha I missed that Deathwing rule. 

I'm half liking and half hating the new rules, I'll probably drop down to a deathwing or chapter banner in the future, the sacred banners don't do enough I feel anymore.

They'd be great if I brought more heavy weapons than I do (currently a max of three) in my CAD, but i don't. And counter attack is nice but +1 attack is nicer.

The apothecary for deathwing might be nice if he has had his price drop I might take him.

The dark shroud and vengeance will be noticeably more useful I'm tempted to take a shroud sometime he could prove useful

My only problem I'm facing now is how to get my hands on a single librarian in my army. I'm still puzzling this conundrum. I want to play with interromancy but if I do I sacrifice my ability to take the deathwing command squad I love so much

The dark talon is just awesome, I might take him now. The neph is better but she still isn't that good, she is now adequate.

The dreadnaughts 4 attacks make him tempting but I can spend the points elsewheres.

The rest of the army is looking sharp, I'm still wondering what happened to company veterans and what they will do with their prices and vehicle options, if they get the raider I'm going to sell my deathwing I think and move over to them, more reliable for killing the things i need killing.

I'm still not touching deathwing Knights at this time or ravenwing bikes. Still not happy with what they offer. Loss of rad made them tougher than ever to love.

This new relic seems interesting and I welcome the monster hunters price drop.

I hope that Ezekiel has had more changes, he needs them.

I'm half liking and half hating the new rules, I'll probably drop down to a deathwing or chapter banner in the future, the sacred banners don't do enough I feel anymore.

They'd be great if I brought more heavy weapons than I do (currently a max of three) in my CAD, but i don't. And counter attack is nice but +1 attack is nicer.

Since the Relentless from the Sacred Standard only affects the unit with the standard, the number of heavy weapons in the detachment you use doesn't matter anyway.

My only problem I'm facing now is how to get my hands on a single librarian in my army. I'm still puzzling this conundrum. I want to play with interromancy but if I do I sacrifice my ability to take the deathwing command squad I love so much

How are a single Librarian and a DWCS mutually exclusive all of the sudden?

The dark talon is just awesome, I might take him now. The neph is better but she still isn't that good, she is now adequate.

Agreed.

Since the Relentless from the Sacred Standard only affects the unit with the standard, the number of heavy weapons in the detachment you use doesn't matter anyway.

How are a single Librarian and a DWCS mutually exclusive all of the sudden?

Agreed.
If I drop the dwcs I still maintain my ability to take the redemption force without compromising my origionality army. Basically when that formation dropped i got free special rules without moving a muscle in my standard lists.

The dwcs is my only optional unit right now as I need the rest for handling enemy threats in my all comers list. And points limitations prevent me from taking the things I want XD. As typically matches at my store never exceed 2500 virtually ever unless it's apocalypse rules.

Dark talons is another thing I wish I could take and again if I lose the dwcs I get my new toy. It's mixed emotions because now I have choices is like to take but only so much space to take the things I'd like to have XD. Anyway I think I've found my happy medium at least till i find what works for me. And I'll be posting it probably when the new codex finally drops and I can more clearly look at all the changes. Though beyond my hq's the only units im not certain on are a fraction of my army now. (And by that I mean units I'm not sure about the full extent of their changes yet).

If I drop the dwcs I still maintain my ability to take the redemption force without compromising my origionality army. Basically when that formation dropped i got free special rules without moving a muscle in my standard lists.

The dwcs is my only optional unit right now as I need the rest for handling enemy threats in my all comers list. And points limitations prevent me from taking the things I want XD. As typically matches at my store never exceed 2500 virtually ever unless it's apocalypse rules.

Why do you have to drop the DWCS, when the Redemption Force allows it to be taken?

From the earlier Librarian thing, you can only take one HQ in it, so dropping the DWCS doesn't let you take a Librarian anyway.

Dark talons is another thing I wish I could take and again if I lose the dwcs I get my new toy.

How? If you take the Redemption a Force by itself, you can't take a Dark Talon without taking a CAD or a full Ravenwing Silence Squadron.

Why do you have to drop the DWCS, when the Redemption Force allows it to be taken?

From the earlier Librarian thing, you can only take one HQ in it, so dropping the DWCS doesn't let you take a Librarian anyway.

Dark talons is another thing I wish I could take and again if I lose the dwcs I get my new toy.

How? If you take the Redemption a Force by itself, you can't take a Dark Talon without taking a CAD or a full Ravenwing Silence Squadron.
Which would be exactly what I'm doing:

My new army will go from being just a CAD to:

CAD

10 company support formation (if the rules are useful, if not no big loss)

Redemption force

And well after accounting for the CAD's troops choices, my heavy weapons for crushing tanks, and the two hq's I already have (as a result of the CAD and fhe redemption forces required commander) i have a free hq slot, some troops slots, and all my fast attack and elite slots untouched

Varying on the prices of terminator weapons options, the cost of dwcs squad upgrades, dark talons base cost, a librarian/Ezekiel, company master changes, and the changes to the land raiders and deathwing vehicle i either have points for adding to my CAD Ezekiel, a dark talon, or both without moving anyone. And that's at my points cap of 2500. If I remove the dwcs I don't have to remove someone else and generate holes in my lists required stuff i must bring, or leave myself open to all kinds of mayhem that could be caused by not having an answer to heavy tanks, or not having an answer to lots of cheap infantry. BUT I get the point I need for both a dark talons and Ezekiel (nearly but I can cut some corners to make ends meet).

Forty Eight Battle Barges? The :cuss are they crewing those things with, Servitors? Have the Dark Angels been actually legion building while nobody was looking, not just having a loose organization with the rest of the Unforgiven?

Because that's a lot of Battle Barges.

Forty Eight Battle Barges? The :cuss are they crewing those things with, Servitors? Have the Dark Angels been actually legion building while nobody was looking, not just having a loose organization with the rest of the Unforgiven?

I think whoever wrote that number needs to go and reread BFG Astartes fleet article and what these ships are! Especially having such a heavy fleet and then only 32 Thunderhawks. They must have a lot of spare Stormeagles, Caestus Rams and other smaller crafts hidden...

I think whoever wrote that number needs to go and reread BFG Astartes fleet article and what these ships are! Especially having such a heavy fleet and then only 32 Thunderhawks. They must have a lot of spare Stormeagles, Caestus Rams and other smaller crafts hidden...

Half the number of their Strike Cruisers no-less. That ratio should be more in the ballpark of 1:4, not 1:2 lol. I seriously wonder what the hell they're doing with those ships, considering a single battle barge can house around three companies of marines.

Half the number of their Strike Cruisers no-less. That ratio should be more in the ballpark of 1:4, not 1:2 lol. I seriously wonder what the hell they're doing with those ships, considering a single battle barge can house around three companies of marines.

All those extra ships are carrying the extra Deathwing / Ravenwing that we don't admit exist. msn-wink.gif

Never played with formations before cause I stoppen playing during the beginning of sixth so this is not completely clear to me.

So if I play half a company I get to fire overwatch on full BS?

But what if I want to take an additional HQ or a Terminator squad with it cause points allow it and I got one Terminator squad ready that I want to use.

Do I still get to fire overwatch on full BS or does that go away because I am taking an additional model or unit that is not in the formation

OR

Can my formation fire overwatch on full BS but the additional model or unit can`t because he is not part of the formation?

Sorry if this is very clear but like I said formations are all new to me.

Isiah , He's getting his info from either the preview available on the iPad which has a searchable interactive glossary allowing you to look up special rules, or the news/rumor thread where people have done the same and compiled the rules himself.

In either case from what I can see most of his stuff is correct as I've done the same (iPad preview). A couple of thoughts.

I think what we all want to see is what's the best anti air solution? Nephillim points special rules etc. Darktalon the bomb would have been better at higher strength with no ap.

How do we deal with cover saves in enemy armies?

We shall have to math hammer rad grenades in their new form, looks like a nerf

Deathwing are still bullet magnets might help if they can run behind los after shooting. Dwk are a potent force if they can charge Definite buff.

Interromancy looks fun. Vanilla didn't get that.

It seems raven wing special rule allows you to rerol cover saves. Sableclaw As chariot is cool we shall have to see if it's a pseudo chariot or actual chariot rules.

Can we use the skyhammer web rules as dark angels?

Archived