Dark Angels rumors. update: Codex leaks, pg 28

Whew, ok. Thought I had done something quite wrong posting my thread!

XD

Glad to see it was just moved and not deleted!

d-(^_~)z

(+) we no longer have to take the crappy terminator sgt with a storm bolter and power sword

(-) no more taking the cyclone launcher on a th/ss termi.

Huh? Read the Termie Heavy Weapons List, a Cyclone Launcher doesn't replace a weapon, so why can't you take it on a TH/SS Termie? It doesn't replace a Storm Bolter that you don't have anyways.

Ok yea....I think DA just got noticeably better. Taking one more special or heavy weapon per 10 man tac squad? Yes please.

All space marine Tactical Squads get to choose a single Special weapon and a single Heavy Weapon in a 10-man squad, nothing has changed there.

Whew, ok. Thought I had done something quite wrong posting my thread!

XD

Glad to see it was just moved and not deleted!

d-(^_~)z

(+) we no longer have to take the crappy terminator sgt with a storm bolter and power sword

(-) no more taking the cyclone launcher on a th/ss termi.

Huh? Read the Termie Heavy Weapons List, a Cyclone Launcher doesn't replace a weapon, so why can't you take it on a TH/SS Termie? It doesn't replace a Storm Bolter that you don't have anyways.

I missed the little footnote - i'm on a phone with a cracked screen, cut me some slack :) That's excellent then. Huge improvement in equipping squads now that the sgt can be made into something useful.

TL combi weapons with no scatter will be nice.

Where are you getting the twin-linked from? I'm assuming you're talking about DW sergeant access to combi weapons? They don't have RR to hit on DS entry anymore, so it's possible to arrange for no DS scatter (with RW help) but you won't be re-rolling the to-hit dice with a Prescience librarian nearby.

Well, I'm glad I leaned more towards Ravenwing recently. My first company (literally) is staying on the shelf.

But oh man that Ravenwing...

Sweet mother of God, that Ravenwing...

White Scars can keep their rules. I gots mine.

Where are you getting the twin-linked from? I'm assuming you're talking about DW sergeant access to combi weapons? They don't have RR to hit on DS entry anymore, so it's possible to arrange for no DS scatter (with RW help) but you won't be re-rolling the to-hit dice with a Prescience librarian nearby.

a model with Deathwing special rule that arrives deep strike gets "Vengeful Strike" special rule

I know I am probably the only one that this bothers, but our Bike Squad is now only 8 marines (6 bikes + 1 AB).

And the Attack Bike Squadron is only 6 marines (3 AB).

I really liked how the last 2 books had our squads based on 10 man teams.

The upside is that I can still field the attack squadron with the formation... and it looks like the speeders get scout this go round... outflankings speeders. Yes Please. And since I normally arm them with either MM/AC or HB/AC... with 5 or 7 shots coming off the speeder I should hit with 1 or more meaning that my Multi-Missing Attack Bikes should hit a little more.

I was really hoping that Sammie would get The Hunt this time around. That would be sick when in his speeder. Can you imagine that getting precision shots and ignore cover.

Per the terminator armor entry on page 154 or leaked codex a models with deathwing special rule and terminator armor still have vengeful strike on deep strike

It's quite funny, some things clearly need an errata and yet various units are greatly improved. Sammael is a phenomenal HQ, especially now that his sword is ap2. Ravenwing are generally superb now, regular PA lists can be very strong too.

Also noticed that the only way for the attack bike to split off from the RWAS is for the squad to be at full strength at seven models, where use to be only needed the 3

@Ishagu his sword was ap2 last codex too

Per the terminator armor entry on page 154 or leaked codex a models with deathwing special rule and terminator armor still have vengeful strike on deep strike

That's awesome! I completey missed that and assumed we'd lost Vengeful Strike because it wasn't listed in the unit special rules. However, now that I take a closer look at the DW Terminator Squad entry (leaked rules pg. 116) it doesn't appear as though the sergeant has been given access to the Terminator Melee/Ranged wargear lists.

If you read the wargear section (leake rules pg. 97) it appears anyone in TDA has access to the wargear list though... which means entire units of combi-weapons terminators. Surely that's too good to be true?

So basically either the entire squad including the sergeant has access to the (usually IC only) wargear list, or none of them do. Right?

Also noticed that the only way for the attack bike to split off from the RWAS is for the squad to be at full strength at seven models, where use to be only needed the 3

@Ishagu his sword was ap2 last codex too

Really, I swear it was ap3! :-/

I can't be bothered checking but I'll take your word for it. I never ran Sammy (don't own the model)

That's awesome! I completey missed that and assumed we'd lost Vengeful Strike because it wasn't listed in the unit special rules. However, now that I take a closer look at the DW Terminator Squad entry (leaked rules pg. 116) it doesn't appear as though the sergeant has been given access to the Terminator Melee/Ranged wargear lists.

Correct, he is only able to swap out his Sword Stormbolter and Power Sword for a pair of LC or TH/SS

If you read the wargear section (leake rules pg. 97) it appears anyone in TDA has access to the wargear list though... whicmeans entire units of combi-weapons terminators. Surely that's too good to be true?

That's because it is too good to be true, regular terminators do not have access to the Terminator Weapon list, only what their entry allows them. So only HQs have access to it still.

So basically either the entire squad including the sergeant has access to the (usually IC only) wargear list, or none of them do. Right?

None of them do. Termie Sgt does not have access to the list as per the army entries.

d-(^_~)z

Sorry if this was posted before. Hopefully it's allowed. Sorry to mods if I shouldn't have made this link.

http://imgur.com/a/0zgd7

Saw this in the Natfka comments. Sorry forgot the posters name. 

So, Sammael is the only one with the 'Ravenwing' rule and nowhere does it say that mounted characters get it. Well, looks like a major oversight. Why on earth have re-rollable traits and 2 optional HQ, if Sammael is the only legal pick in the Ravenwing Strike Force...

All Ravenwing units in the book get the Ravenwing rule. I think you're mixing up the First Huntsman ability that detachment gets, and you don't HAVE to take Sammael. He's just in the picture. You get 1 - 3 HQ that can be anything and get re-rollable warlord traits.

EDIT

I see what you're saying. 1- 3 HQ options but no HQ other than Sammael have Ravenwing. They're either going to have to remove that rule or allow other HQ with bikes to get the Ravenwing rule.

I still think it's universally stupid to prevent company masters from taking bikes. But this still reinforces the idea that Dark Angels do not have any green bikes. Honestly should have been something like:

Company master/chaplain/libriarian etc : may take a bike and gain Ravenwing special rules for 25 points.

Thanks 3DJutsu, that was my interpretation.

I just read too much into CatSmasher's enthusiasm in his initial comment about the TL combis and so I assumed it was more than the odd HQ getting a TL combi shot. Not turning my nose up at it, just not as cool as I was hoping (i.e. sergeants getting combis).

@twopounder

The problem with the formation is that currently you HAVE to take Sammael, as no other HQ has a way to gain Ravenwing and thus can not be allowed in the RW Strike Force as it only allows models with the Ravenwing rule.

Which makes having 3 HQ slots... kinda pointless...

@twopounder

The problem with the formation is that currently you HAVE to take Sammael, as no other HQ has a way to gain Ravenwing and thus can not be allowed in the RW Strike Force as it only allows models with the Ravenwing rule.

Which makes having 3 HQ slots... kinda pointless...

Yeah, I edited my post when I realized that.

Archived