== Martian Death Ray Club ==

Many thanks for the welcome, Brother.

The cannon is part of a project I've been pondering for some time now, starting when I realised that Space Marines (rather ironically) have no infantry specifically equipped for actual space combat. I thus decided to come up with such an infantry unit, and original wargear for them while I was at it.

I'll post more sketches and stuff as I go, but the whole project is going to be added to my 30k cosplay (pictured) soon.

12002165_10153958202880839_6642720116806

The cannon is part of a project I've been pondering for some time now, starting when I realised that Space Marines (rather ironically) have no infantry specifically equipped for actual space combat. I thus decided to come up with such an infantry unit, and original wargear for them while I was at it.

I'll post more sketches and stuff as I go, but the whole project is going to be added to my 30k cosplay (pictured) soon.

I need this in my life. Where was this taken and when? Looks like a great time. Loving the vault 13 guy in the background and the hella sexy Sister of battle/inqusitor in the front.

Are you standing on stilts in that thing?

I need this in my life. Where was this taken and when? Looks like a great time. Loving the vault 13 guy in the background and the hella sexy Sister of battle/inqusitor in the front.

Are you standing on stilts in that thing?

That was taken In Blackpool Comic con, UK, Just this passed Saturday (12 sep 2015).

I'm not wearing stilts, but the boots add about 3 inches. My lovely battle sister is a little on the short side, so she makes me look huge.

The Volkite cannon should be pretty much as long as she is tall actually.

Has anyone mounted volkite weaponry to replace the specials on their dreadnoughts? I have a pack of Chargers that I accidentally bought on Ebay (thought I was buying an pack of Calivers) that look like they could be a decent fit under the close combat arms. Maybe I will give it a try.

Edited by wulfric_1066

That's some awesome cosplay gear ! Can you actually see and breathe in that thing ? And that Volkite Cannon looks cool !

Indeed I can, my vision is only slightly impaired, and I can breathe normally without problems.

I can also run and jump in this armour, though I still need to reduce the weight of the boots a little more, and improve the tread on the soles. (currently simple foam ribbed tread, slips on wet concrete)

Here is a sketch of the shield to be paired with the cannon:

12036548_10156027814785263_4618643044657

Essentially a storm shield with an integrated storm shield and heavy chainsword, attached to the users' vambrace on a rotating mount.

Was tempted to go for more Volkite on this too actually. Twin-linked chargers would be fun.

Maybe I'll have that as an upgrade.

That's some awesome cosplay gear ! Can you actually see and breathe in that thing ? And that Volkite Cannon looks cool !

Indeed I can, my vision is only slightly impaired, and I can breathe normally without problems.

I can also run and jump in this armour, though I still need to reduce the weight of the boots a little more, and improve the tread on the soles. (currently simple foam ribbed tread, slips on wet concrete)

Essentially a storm shield with an integrated storm shield and heavy chainsword, attached to the users' vambrace on a rotating mount.

Was tempted to go for more Volkite on this too actually. Twin-linked chargers would be fun.

This needs 3 things

1) Instructions.... Like yesterday

2) Its own thread and a how too

3) MORE CHOOOOOOOOOM!!!!

Has anyone mounted volkite weaponry to replace the specials on their dreadnoughts? I have a pack of Chargers that I accidentally bought on Ebay (thought I was buying an pack of Calivers) that look like they could be a decent fit under the close combat arms. Maybe I will give it a try.

Can't say I've tried it myself. Cool sounding idea, though. 

While this looks über-cool, would it really work ? It seems like it's a very complicated design, and complications=more things to go wrong. Wouldn't it just be possible to have the chainblades on the lower part of the shield, with the stormbolters in the same direction ? It would mean less hastle for creating the rotating mechanism on the arm.

Otherwise the design looks really cool and would work pretty well I think.

There is an other option, which is to have everything on the top half of the shield, meaning you'd hold it in the opposite direction to what is figured on your design, and possibly with the straps placed diagonally, like on a lot of Kite Shields: this would make the shield a lot more versatile, as you could use it very well mounted or in shield walls, something that might be complicated to do at the moment.

EDIT: I'll probably be stealing some of your ideas though :wink:

Edited by Lord Thørn

Crazy idea but hear me out....

Seeing all these spear volkites.... Has anyone considered maybe the custodes will get them in their guardian spears (old fluff they were lasers am i correct).

One more reason to buy custodes if thats true.

I'll volkite in your culverin.

Ooo er.

http://i1269.photobucket.com/albums/jj598/Mjolnir771/P1020791_zps4e7zqrig.jpg

VI Squad Castigator, newly mustered from remnants of V and VIII Squads (crossref. Arboreth Massacre)

I don't play/collect any Heresy forces (well, I have the Webstore Release limited model), but when I do, I want to be in Club Choom.

I absolutely love the look of the Glaive so I'd get one for sure as any Legiones Astartes Lord of War. I am also tempted by the Solar Auxilia, mainly because of the mighty Stormhammer, but also I love the idea of a squadron of 3 Russ Incinerators advancing with 2-3 Veltaris Storm Sections with Volkite Chargers in Dracosans - a "charge of the Choom brigade" if you will.

Not knowing much about the HH game, how do Volkite weapons actually play out? They seem to be mid-range for strength and lacking in AP, so I assume it is the number of shots/additional hits that makes them work in-game? Either way, the look of them is absolutely epic.

Not knowing much about the HH game, how do Volkite weapons actually play out? They seem to be mid-range for strength and lacking in AP, so I assume it is the number of shots/additional hits that makes them work in-game? Either way, the look of them is absolutely epic.

They have the same AP as bolters, are one point of strength higher and have a shorter range, type-for-type. This requires you to be prepared to be charged, however Volkites can certainly take the sting out of one, especially with Deflagrate

Deflagrate is the trump card for the small arm versions of Volkite weapons - what potential casualties you may fail to inflict normally, might be made up for with the extra hits taken from other, unsaved wounds. Larger Volkite weapons (vehicle mounted stuff) tends to be powerful enough not to worry too much about armour saves - these are the guns that can burn swathes through entire armies.