• 2 weeks later...

I designed a semi generic bridge kit for Vanguard Miniatures

n800QSs.jpg

cR6LR8t.jpg

yHz3iRJ.jpg

Ou8MLLh.jpg

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/single-bridge-span-6mm/

A resin cast generic human bridge span with a slot on the inner faces for insertion of a 2mm thick plastic sheet or MDF (not included) road to whatever width you desire.

Set contains:

2 x bridge spans

4 x optional bridge legs

6 x optional barriers

Span dimensions: 48mm long, 25mm high. Additional legs 20mm high each.

Infantry figure and 50mm square plastic road tile shown for scale purposes only and is not included in this set. Note also that the resin colour may vary.

• 2 weeks later...
I like your skiff designs. Are the oil barrels on the bottom meant to let it float on water, in case it must make emergency landings there, or to increase its versatility and thus, usefulness on certain planets? Or are the barrels improvised incendiary bombs? Edited by Bjorn Firewalker

• 4 weeks later...

Flamethrower tanks out!

Skinners Flamethrower Tanks - £10.00

NNTiY6t.jpg?1

Skinners tanks are often individual designs, unique in appearance, but not to be underestimated.

Each Skinners Flamethrower Tank set contains 4 unique hulls and 4 unique turrets, allowing for 16 possible combinations for increased aesthetic variety.

This set contains:

4 x Tank hulls

4 x Flamethrower turrets

https://vanguardminiatures.co.uk/shop/skinners-flamethrower-tanks/

• 9 months later...

One thing I'm kinda missing in the current 6mm scene is converting. Now that everybody has a home printer, they simply print whatever they want. Don't get me wrong, I'm not against 3D printing...why the hell would I otherwise do 3D design work. But I do miss the whole craft of 6mm converting.

So...I was pondering about making my big armoured gun morphing guys modular. Basically 5 bodies and then 10 different arms.
R8BriQJ.jpg
aKzCwru.jpg

I think you should shorten the "tabard" to three plates, so it won't look like it'll dig into the ground when the Terminators traverse uneven terrain. Some modelers may prefer the Terminators without "tabards" cluttering the models; you might as well offer both versions.

Shorter looks both more practical from an in-universe perspective, and will give more negative space for a better visual from a real-world view.

Both styles looking lovely, however. :)

You had any thoughts on after-market bits compatible with the Adeptus Titanicus range? I'm startled to see few or no alternative heads, panels, banners and so forth popping up from enterprising sculptors. Is it simply that 3D printing has removed demand?

You had any thoughts on after-market bits compatible with the Adeptus Titanicus range? I'm startled to see few or no alternative heads, panels, banners and so forth popping up from enterprising sculptors. Is it simply that 3D printing has removed demand?

I've personally never really delved in doing bits that are directly compatible with GW kits, I am surprised that there aren't any indie companies/parties doing this though. I think it's also due to the market perhaps not being big enough for such an investment? On the other hand, we do see indie parties make alternative bits for Knights, so why not small scale Titans?

I have been pondering about perhaps setting up a Patreon to sell STL's for 'smallscale' (6-8mm) bits and figures in an attempt to do some INQ6 stuff. So that would be terrain, humanoids figures, vehicles, and other bits. Whilst most of my fleetscale and smallscale stuff has been done for Vanguard Miniatures, they are primarily aimed at the proxy market, so a lot of my designs that don't fall into those categories have either been rejected by Vanguard or are somewhere waaaaaaaaay behind on the list of stuff to be produced. These fellas for example were not accepted by Vanguard for lacking the organic bits that the Obliterator designs have. Personally I'm not a fan of those organic bits, I liked the idea of designing Tetsuo the Iron Man inspired walking tanks in (heavy) powered armour. So perfect to release independently as an STL (sadly I don't have the means to do the high end printing, cleaning, casting, and distributing myself).