Battlefleet Gothic Battle Report - Chaos vs Imperial Navy

Tabletopminis

Hi Guys,

Join us for our first ever game of Battlefleet Gothic with a straight up head to head clash of the Imperium vs the forces of Chaos!.

If you like this video please like and subscribe and check us out at www.tabletopminis.com for all the latest.

It was our first game ever so took us a long time figuring out rules, checking tables and looking at updates but we enjpyed it alot and will be doing more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VKhhPU5oo5Y

Thanks for watching!

Tabletop Minis

I was wondering at a few points during the battle whether you also reduced the strength of lance batteries by using the weapon battery table. As far as I know (though it's been a few years since my last game) that'd be wrong as lances always keep their number of dice. This way, the chaos fleet lost quite a bit of punch, as long range lances are one of the strong points of those ships.

Nevertheless, this was an interesting battle report (if a bit slow paced and long) and I'm eagerly awaiting the next one!

Good looking fleets, glad to see more people getting back into gothic. The ship choice is a little left field (2 filthy nova canons!) but starting out in an OOP game it can be tough.

Echo the above, the reason lances tend to come in at the low strength of 2/bay is because they keep that firepower and hit on 4's regardless. No need to consult the battery table or apply column modifiers with them. A good supplemental weapon once you've knocked out shields and chucked some blast markers on. They will struggle against eldar holofields, but then again, everything tends to.

I was wondering at a few points during the battle whether you also reduced the strength of lance batteries by using the weapon battery table. As far as I know (though it's been a few years since my last game) that'd be wrong as lances always keep their number of dice. This way, the chaos fleet lost quite a bit of punch, as long range lances are one of the strong points of those ships.

Nevertheless, this was an interesting battle report (if a bit slow paced and long) and I'm eagerly awaiting the next one!

Hi and thanks, it was a little slow moving perhaps as we didnt really know what we were doing being the first game ever smile.png, hopefully we will get a better pace for the next one.

If you want to see some more of our BFG collection thats in the "paint shop queue" have a looky here around 3:24 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ovraDyEP3Gk

I personally cant wait to get some massive fleet fights, i think our problem is going to be the table mat is only 4x4 and the table 8x4, i think black cloth is in order,

Subscribe to keep posted! Cheers

Archived