The DA FAQ request : let's centralize everything guys !

Master Avoghai

Intentional or not, as it stands a crozius is not a "power weapon" as defined by the rulebook and therefore, the chaplain can't replace it with a claw, fist, shield or hammer. He can, however, replace it with a relic.

What is amusing is that they bother to have the terminator weapons list at all seeing as only the company master really uses it. Librarians and Interrogators only kind of use it. Neither get the power weapon side at all. Both of them have combi-weapon options included directly on their dataslate. They should have just included the options on the master's dataslate, the only thing lost would have been interrogators with the weird setup of a crozius paired with a single thunder hammer or lightning claw.

A long shot but here goes

Q: Interrogator Chaplain (p102) An I-Chapalin in TDA my take terminator weapons, and under the description of them (p97) it states "...may replace its power weapon with one of the following:". Does the Crozius arcanum count as a power weapon?

A crozius is not a power weapon, it's a crozius.

Q: Interrogator Chaplain (p102) An I-Chapalin in TDA my take terminator weapons, and under the description of them (p97) it states "...may replace its power weapon with one of the following:". Does the Crozius arcanum count as a power weapon?

I was under the impression that the crozius was a power maul

It has the exact same stats as a power maul, but it's a seperate wargear item, not stated as being 'counts as power maul'. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

It has the exact same stats as a power maul, but it's a seperate wargear item, not stated as being 'counts as power maul'. Don't know if that makes a difference or not.

I dont have the BRB in front of me atm, but I throught I remembered reading somewhere that the Crozius counted as a power maul. I'll check when I get home.

It has the stats, but it isn't the same. Seperate profile. It it had had "see power maul" (or "counts as/is/is for all purposes a power maul"), you'd have an argument, but it doesn't. A few editons back, all power weapons were the same, and the crozius arcanum "is a power weapon" was part of the text for the weapon. This is no longer the case. A power weapon is a power weapon, a crozius arcanum is a crozius arcanum.

Intentional or not, as it stands a crozius is not a "power weapon" as defined by the rulebook and therefore, the chaplain can't replace it with a claw, fist, shield or hammer. He can, however, replace it with a relic.

What is amusing is that they bother to have the terminator weapons list at all seeing as only the company master really uses it. Librarians and Interrogators only kind of use it. Neither get the power weapon side at all. Both of them have combi-weapon options included directly on their dataslate. They should have just included the options on the master's dataslate, the only thing lost would have been interrogators with the weird setup of a crozius paired with a single thunder hammer or lightning claw.

I am pretty sure it was very intentional that a Librarian won't be giving up his force weapon, and a Chaplain or Interrogator-Chaplain won't be giving up his badge of office. Very much a "From my cold, dead hands!" mentality with regard to those items. msn-wink.gif

I am pretty sure it was very intentional that a Librarian won't be giving up his force weapon, and a Chaplain or Interrogator-Chaplain won't be giving up his badge of office.   Very much a "From my cold, dead hands!" mentality with regard to those items. ;)

While it doesn't have much impact on the Chaplain, I feel that the Librarian really suffers from this, but probably not in the way you would expect.

I feel that force should be a power tied to the Librarian, and not the weapon he is holding.

Just like it is cool for your Chaplain to swap out for the Mace of Redemption, I think it would be cool for a Librarian to be able to swap out for the Monster Slayer without having to give up force with that choice.

I am pretty sure it was very intentional that a Librarian won't be giving up his force weapon, and a Chaplain or Interrogator-Chaplain won't be giving up his badge of office. Very much a "From my cold, dead hands!" mentality with regard to those items. msn-wink.gif

While it doesn't have much impact on the Chaplain, I feel that the Librarian really suffers from this, but probably not in the way you would expect.

I feel that force should be a power tied to the Librarian, and not the weapon he is holding.

Just like it is cool for your Chaplain to swap out for the Mace of Redemption, I think it would be cool for a Librarian to be able to swap out for the Monster Slayer without having to give up force with that choice.

The fluff reason there is that you need certain weapons, or rather certain specs on said weapons, to be able to channel psychic power through it. You can't just pick up a chair and starting burning out minds.

A Jedi can use his/her/its lightsaber to block other lightsabers, but can't do the same with a stun baton (unless they want it truncated, of course).

The fluff reason there is that you need certain weapons, or rather certain specs on said weapons, to be able to channel psychic power through it. You can't just pick up a chair and starting burning out minds.

A Jedi can use his/her/its lightsaber to block other lightsabers, but can't do the same with a stun baton (unless they want it truncated, of course).

I do understand that, but this is also not an RPG where our characters are scavaging the bodies we just killed for supplies.

Apparently this Chaplain always carries the Mace of Redemption into combat that he gets to apply all of his Chaplain rules to while using it.

So why wouldn't the Librarian also have a unique weapon that he can also use all of his rules with.

It would be like having zealot be applied to the Chrozius, and if he upgraded to the MoR he would no longer have that USR.

Has the OP been up dated with all the FAQ?

I've just done so. I've kept the interrogator chaplain in TDA question just because it seems that the wording is just a something they didn't think about. An IC without TDA can swap his weapon because the wording simply allow to swap the CC WEAPON. Problem is, since the TDA are purchased with a power weapon for the CM, they just replace CC with POWER.

So it has nothing to do with a will of GW to let the chaplain with the symbol of his status since you can drop it if you do not have TDA.

@ Finn : I don't see what makes the title especially funny but I'm happy f I made your day :lol:

Master Avoghai, unfortunately it's quite juvenile smile.png I mean unintentional profanity, it's right there in urban dictionary. Unintentional, but fully justified by some obvious and glaring errors in the Codex and strangely fitting :)

Having said that, this thread is both important and necessary. Great job on the content.

Well the point is to "spam" the FAQ adress with as much request as possible.

If every DA member of B&C would send an email this could alert them on the need to pay attention.

If we start thinking " we won't get any answer, what's the point sending an email?", indeed there will be no point.

Send the question as massively as you can. If you have several email adress, then use all of them, and we'll see eventually if GW will remain blind in front of their mistakes...

Archived