Forge World Open Day 2015 - news thread

Atia

If I send someone money can they pick me up an Imperial Fists t-shirt?!?!?! Pretty please.......? msn-wink.gif

Add me to the List of "BUY ME A FORGEWORLD :cuss PLEASE!" too :P

I'll also try to keep my expectations low this time around /FlashbackToLastYear @_@

Perhaps they'll finally give us a glimpse of Crysos Morturg.

This is going to be a weird one. Initially we asked about models for characters in the books (~15 months ago at last years Heresy Weekender), and the line was that only the characters from Black Library novels who had been provided rules would get official models, and any additional characters that only existed in the FW books would not - giving people the 'opportunity' to build their own model.

The above has now sort-of gone out of the window, as we now have official models for characters that have only been introduced as a ForgeWorld character (Zardu Layak, or however his name is spelt - the new Word Bearer character). This might be a one-off, it could be a sign of things to come. One to ask to the designers should we get chance.

There's also Dynat from the AL who's a FW only character. I dunno if Zardu Layak might be mentioned in Know No Fear.

I always get really excited for these events and I'm not even going!

I dont remember him from Know no Fear, but maybe the Mark of Calth book?

If he's released this weekend, that will be one more thing on order...

Nah I haven't read Mark of Calth. He wasn't like a big part or anything, if he was in it it was just like his name mentioned; I just recognised the name when he was announced at the opening weekend. But I could just be imagining it.

I pray Ventanus, or even the ultramarines contemptor dread is previewed.

I'd rather the other Legions that came before hand and that are still waiting for their Specific unit to get theirs first :p

Maybe even their Primarchs, like: Corax, Perturabo, Alpharius and Dorn.

I'd rather the other Legions that came before hand and that are still waiting for their Specific unit to get theirs first tongue.png

While i agree the other lgions need something, i am also personally dying to see Ventanus.

I'd rather the other Legions that came before hand and that are still waiting for their Specific unit to get theirs first tongue.png

While i agree the other lgions need something, i am also personally dying to see Ventanus.

Just...dont repeat what I did at the Fall/Winter Open Day Thread Last year @_@ wont go into detail but...yeah... much frothing at the mouth was had that day...

Just...dont repeat what I did at the Fall/Winter Open Day Thread Last year @_@ wont go into detail but...yeah... much frothing at the mouth was had that day...

No promises! If Ventanus' model has the standard, there will be frothing!

I'm personally hoping for more generic Legion stuff that older Legions will be able to use, perhaps some conversion bits for Imperial Militia. Here's hoping my brothers of the IVth finally get their Primarch.

I'm really looking forward to Sunday & see what preview & news is in store from the Forge World open day. Is anyone from B&C going to the FW Open day event?

If all goes according to plan.

Yes happy.png

Assuming everything does go to plan, I'll let everyone know what I'm wearing (most likely a Baltimore Ravens shirt/jersey of some description laugh.png ), so they can say hello avoid me laugh.png

If anyone gets the chance, then querying the Legion upgrade kits still to come along with the rumoured (and much needed) weapon sets would be good.

As for what I'm expecting, I'd hope to see some concept/early development material for the next Primarch whoever that may be, personally I'm hoping for Perturabo or Corax since those Legions really need to feel the love but I wouldn't turn my nose up at Alpharius either. Units wise, Iron Tyrants all the way although the Mor Drythan could be cool done well. As for characters, not sure if any will be done.

Rather gutted I can't make it myself this year (damn in-laws and their damn wedding holidays)

Just don't ask silly questions that would lead to " would people here prefer a warlord titan or DA stuff?" Which would only lead us to getting loads of cool stuff before the DA get anything :p:devil:

*sound of a bolter cycling a round*

But really though, I hope we hear more about these Doom Knights and Deathwing Paladins :D

@kol

Good flayed skin is hard to come by these days ;)

Just don't ask silly questions that would lead to " would people here prefer a warlord titan or DA stuff?" Which would only lead us to getting loads of cool stuff before the DA get anything :p:devil:

But really though, I hope we hear more about these Doom Knights and Deathwing Paladins :D

@kol

Knightly house bolton drape their lancer class knight titans in it.

Go ask them for some. Just not the knight they call the bastard

@kol

Knightly house bolton drape their lancer class knight titans in it.

Go ask them for some. Just not the knight they call the bastard

Archived