Forge World Open Day 2015 - news thread

Atia

I'd really like to see a glimpse of Perturabo from this thing.

The sound of I told you so will never be so sweet

I beat you by a day, lol. I figured they had to have something big to show off, and who knows what they might be holding back as a surprise.

This happen during the Warhammer World open day.

Friday 15th shown a few things that where on sale during the weekend.  Then Saturday we got our program & was a few extra, the first Emperor Champion & 1st Captain of the IW most hated Legion, IF.  He was up for advance order & that (to me anyway) came out of no where.

I'm looking forward seen what been pre-release.  There was a lot of models preview that the Warhammer World open day - Word Bearer with the two Possessed from book 5, Chaos Knight, Lord of Skulls (as seen here) with legs.  Nurgle Daemon, transfer.

I beat you by a day, lol. I figured they had to have something big to show off, and who knows what they might be holding back as a surprise.

More for my gaming group, 3 of the Raven Guard fanboys were insisting that Corax was the only possible option because of blah blah blah, despite the hour I spent talking to Simon and him saying, and I quote, "I'm working on something shiny" because yeah, Corax will totally be a dazzling centrepiece of sparkle and glitter lol

Well Perturabo is only the first Primarch from the third book so far (which is what really had me confused about Guilliman). They still have Alpharius, Corax, and He Who Shall Not Be Named that have to be released as well.

More for my gaming group, 3 of the Raven Guard fanboys were insisting that Corax was the only possible option because of blah blah blah, despite the hour I spent talking to Simon and him saying, and I quote, "I'm working on something shiny" because yeah, Corax will totally be a dazzling centrepiece of sparkle and glitter lol

Shiny would be Dorn right? None of the others really qualify.

Maybe they'll tandem release Perturabo and Dorn (or one shortly followed by the other) to make a diorama. Preferably with the little cage from the Mouse Trap game that can be placed over Dorn.

It could have been Firefly shiny. Although that'd still mean someone other than Corax.....

ducks behind cover as XIX open fire

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, July 4, 2015 - No reason given
Hidden by Flint13, July 4, 2015 - No reason given

Wait, they've seen the treatment of the RG so far from FW and thought they would be getting Corax soon?!

I just face palmed hard enough to scratch the back of my head.

WLK

If you ask me, it's probably because they want to differentiate Perturabo from Horus, as both have a large maul/hammer in one hand & an arm with a wrist mounted gun, and if he kept his hammer on the left & wrist mounted gun on the right it would be quite similar to Horus. I could be wrong if the model doesn't end up having Forgebreaker, but Simon Egan at the Weekender said they were planning on modelling Perturabo with Forgebreaker. Then again there's really quite little official GW artwork of Perturabo so who knows!

Another reason may be due to the third party models out and about currently. They're all pretty much copying that piece of art (or the Blanche piece from years ago), so to differentiate, FW may have made design changes in order to also invalidate or stand above the others like Kabuki and the Aussie company with Proturbo (not that it would take much).

Another reason may be due to the third party models out and about currently. They're all pretty much copying that piece of art (or the Blanche piece from years ago), so to differentiate, FW may have made design changes in order to also invalidate or stand above the others like Kabuki and the Aussie company with Proturbo (not that it would take much).

http://www.kabukimodels.com/1042-thickbox_default/iron-guard.jpg

10365426_10207006702906921_4736768211237

I'll take the original all day anyday.

I like the standing Khorne thing much more than the tracked one.

Yeah I agree

Still, it's like Saying I'd rather look at cat :cuss than dog :cuss. Neither is going to be pleasant, but I'd choos the cat :cuss as it's less messy

Archived