Forge World Open Day 2015 - news thread

Atia

Woop Woop! He looks bloody spot on,but why is the weapon in the picture is placed in his left arm instead? or is it just some minor change

Is it me or if you look to the left (our left) of the photos, there seem to be ammo fed?  Just that the very bottem left/edge?  Only a guess/though.

10365426_10207006702906921_4736768211237

I'll take the original all day anyday.

I'm really looking forward to tomorrow Forge World open day.  It sound like it will be a really great epic hobby day.

While sad there is no Corax, Perturabo looks really good and I'm basing that off less then half a picture. I may have to buy him.

We dont actually know if Corax will be shown off or not. And since they Pre-empted the Skull-Walker and Perturabo, we might still get some surprises.

I'd say remain optimistic but don't hold out for anything in particular. /FlashesBackToLastYearsOpenDay

Oh yeah I tend not to get to excited. The XIX are hardly the sort to steal a show. I would be very happy with a preview of anything XIX legion related tbh, but if there's nothing I won't mind.

why can't the XIX be the show stopper? I've been looking forward to corax almost as much as guilliman.

Over on the Battlebunnies blog someone mentioned that Simon Egan's favorite primarch is Corax, so I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he's working on that post-Guilliman, leaving maybe Alpharius for Edgar and then Dorn for Egan after Corax?

That's just an educated guess though. For all we know Egan decided he didn't want to do his favorite primarch himself and left it for someone else, and is working on Dorn/Alpharius/some other surprise primarch related to book 6 that we have no clue about. Like Slips said, remain optimistic but don't build your expectations too high ;)

How many suprises are usually kept for the actual day?

Quite a Few Actually.

Last years weekender had: Gal'Vorbak, Gorgon Terminators, Salamanders Contemptor, Solar Auxilia, Knight Acheron, Vulkan, Some Admech Stuff and Fire Drakes among other things I may be forgetting.

Warhammer Fest had: Cruze, Sevetar,  Contemptors for AL, WB, IF, Templar Brethren, Phalanx Warders and previews for Book 5, etc.

The above were mostly previews with a few of them being in the WIP stage inside the display cabinets.

So, so far, we only have 2 "confirmed" models that'll appear at the Show: Perturabo and the Skull-Walker. Going by my own personal estimation of average new models/kits being shown off we have may have 5+ things to be shown and potentially details for the next book.

How many suprises are usually kept for the actual day?

Quite a Few Actually.

Last years weekender had: Gal'Vorbak, Gorgon Terminators, Salamanders Contemptor, Solar Auxilia, Knight Acheron, Vulkan, Some Admech Stuff and Fire Drakes among other things I may be forgetting.

Warhammer Fest had: Cruze, Sevetar,  Contemptors for AL, WB, IF, Templar Brethren, Phalanx Warders and previews for Book 5, etc.

The above were mostly previews with a few of them being in the WIP stage inside the display cabinets.

So, so far, we only have 2 "confirmed" models that'll appear at the Show: Perturabo and the Skull-Walker. Going by my own personal estimation of average new models/kits being shown off we have may have 5+ things to be shown and potentially details for the next book.

So there is still hope that a certain someone will be revealed...

Just to let everyone know, just arrived at WHW. Had little sleep due to the heat. For those who are going, I'm wearing shorts and a Ray Lewis (52) Baltimore Ravens top, if you want to say hello or to avoid me :lol:

Just to let everyone know, just arrived at WHW. Had little sleep due to the heat. For those who are going, I'm wearing shorts and a Ray Lewis (52) Baltimore Ravens top, if you want to say hello or to avoid me laugh.png

pictures of the event please!

I'll do what I can! :lol:

Just to let everyone know, just arrived at WHW. Had little sleep due to the heat. For those who are going, I'm wearing shorts and a Ray Lewis (52) Baltimore Ravens top, if you want to say hello or to avoid me :lol:

Also going. ETA 9:30

Tall ginger chap in black polo. Nothing else distinctive im afraid. I will holler if i see you.

http://ak-hdl.buzzfed.com/static/2014-05/30/14/enhanced/webdr07/anigif_enhanced-buzz-10505-1401474347-25.gif

Now the question for me is: Is sleep for the Weak?

You can sleep when you die.

I like the way you think *starts coffee machine & Energy Drink dispenser*

You mean you switch yours off?! :lol:

Archived