Update: tablet is getting fixed, but I've ended up in a town a few hundred km from there. My ability to find work for accommodation is still questionable, so I may have to get it couriered to me in a week or so's time.

Thought for the day: pray you never have to rely on a backpacker.

And for my bit of bad news (we're not having a great week it seems), my left eye's cornea is apparently riddled with ulcers, so I can't bastard see anything. I'm actually dictating this to a friend. So I may be absent for a week or two, but that's worst-case scenario.

I'm somewhat surprised that you think the Clans are more suspect than the getae, split apothacerion etc. I thought that seeing as the Orders were imposed by the Suzerainty, that would make it less frowned upon for someone to diverge from the standard Order organization. It's a treaty which weakened the Imperium and so I thought that, provided they still split down into Orders, most wouldn't really care how a legion's successor orders organized themselves.

I might not be completely up to date with the orders split and the clans of the lions :-D

However, I'll add more to my analysis then just the comparison with canon-verse.

I see the "support structures" as mostly important on an internal level: they are vitally important to a chapter, but for the opponent, they don't make a massive difference - military power is still mostly held by the actual troops of an army. Changing these support elements would therefore have less of a visible effect for an outsider (librarians being a possible exception)

However, changing the structure of the fighting force can have tremendous impact, especially if you are seemingly giving such a level of autonomy to different leaders within the order. Each leader could possibly have much greater power over his warriors, putting in doubt their loyalties: do they serve the imperium... or do they serve captain X? This concern over the discipline enforcement of an order would be of even greater import to a discipline fanatic like kozja. (Also, bare in mind this doubt is from an in-universe outsider point of view: I'm aware that the lions serve the emperor above all else)

With the connection of the "codex" to a diplomatic treaty, the application of the codex becomes all the more important, simply because it could well be seen as a breach of the treaty were they to act otherwise - without noticing it, a few too many orders being a bit too radical over the book could even cause a war with the suzerainty

@Thørn: You make good points and I suppose that given the plague of defections to the Insurrectionists early in the Insurrection, the issue of astartes being more loyal to their captains than their legion would still be fresh in everyone's mind. I'll see if I can think lf any arguments in favour of the Lions keeping their present organization(aside from promoting more rivalry between commanders than having companies with a fixed size does) and ways in which it could adapt to fixed companies. Plenty of time for that.

And hopefully when I get round to redoing my thread's first page you'll have easier access to the info on the Lions organization

@Raktra&@blunt: aw jeez...what with the problems I've been encountering recently(admittedly brought on me by myself), this is really not a good week for the BotL. Hope they sort themselves out/get sorted quickly!

Edited by Sigismund229

I'm troubled by the issue of keeping the Emperor stuck on the throne and still having the Webway intact. Others may have a clearer image of MoM's early bits than me - has the Ten Thousand only just started to be pushed back once the Traitors begin to flood the Webway? Are the initial numbers of daemons not so great, but still continuous?

Huh? And here I say it again: the webway is not intact. It was thorn apart when travier destroyed the wards.

The negotiation are only for the humans to not uae them in the civil war as both know, thst the webway is absolutely important for humankinds future.

Huh? And here I say it again: the webway is not intact. It was thorn apart when travier destroyed the wards.

The negotiation are only for the humans to not uae them in the civil war as both know, thst the webway is absolutely important for humankinds future.

I mist confess, I am also confused by this question. As Mikhal says, Travier has wrecked the webway

It's a mix of the two. Since the Great Crusade lasts an extra couple of decades, the Emperor is able to build enough of the Webway to establish several nodes. When Travier makes his attack, it's at the Terra node, compromising it. However, the rest of the Webway is cut off before any of the daemons can get through. So, while the center of the Imperial Webway is filled with Traitors and daemons, there are other nodes and routes that are still functional and in the hands of both the Loyalists and the Traitors. 

It's over those routes the treaty is being established for. 

Hellau!!!! Welcome back hesh, you missed a lot. Lot of changes. Gwal is now the emperor, hectarion is khorne and the steel legion are the borg.

By the way: can you send me an instant asskicker-coffee starter-set? please. They originates from australia, right?

( for those who want to know: asskicker coffe has 5 gr coffein per portion. 10gr are deadly^^. Keps you awake for days.)

For clarity, I'm totally fine with the Webway stuff as I now understand it. Also raises interesting possibilities for the secret army - do they have access to Mars via the Aresian Path, or are they marooned from the Sol System? Edited by bluntblade