• 1 month later...
I was looking for a phrase to round off a speech ahead of Qarith Prime, which will be from either Pionus or Odyssalas depending on how much room there is on the embarkation deck (Pionus will already have the Phantoms and Depthstriders in full around him)

I'm still floundering on it, I dont really know what to make. I dont really want to cop out and make a "Wave Blade+" or something like that.

...maybe something like a Grav Hammer from Halo and/or Domitars.

Yeah, might either do something like that or a Grav Hammer. Having more Narthecium's isn't really all that interesting at this point since I've already got a bunch :p

...That or maybe just a giant Harpoon Gun.

How about a unique power armour suit prototype?

I think the Grav Hammer (Resonance hammer?) could be pretty cool.

I hope the giant Harpoon gun is a joke :tongue.:

Relic Armour could work but I'm not sold on it just yet. I'll try vomiting some ideas for it out and we'll see.

The Resonance Hammer (I like the name) we'll also see.

While the name is cool I'm not sure the Resonance Hammer works for the Scions as I don't see it a blunt weapon like that working very well in the Scions' preferred environment of underwater combat, which would be very strange I feel.

I'd suggest maybe saving the Resonance Hammer for another Legion, like the Fire Bearers? The name brings to mind the resonance frequencies designed to shatter glass and other materials, so maybe the Tenth develop it as a handheld equivalent of the Ironclad Dread's Seismic Hammer?

The name brings to mind the resonance frequencies designed to shatter glass and other materials

That was sort of the idea ;)

I have to be honnest, mechanical waves (feth, I'm losing my techno-linguo :O ) are a bit linked to sonar in my head, which is why I thought of that for the Scions Hospitaller. Please don't ask me how the things are linked together in my head, I'm afraid I'll realise I've been a pawn of Tzeentch all this time :P

True, Swinging a Hammer doesnt really work well underwater because Physics...

At the same time, I kinda don't want to make a Spear or other similar weapon as a relic because other examples already exist within the Legion.

A Sword is also seemingly out of the question.

Which, really, leaves Axes, Hammers, Mauls and Power Fists.

Edited by Slipstreams

You could always go for a ranged weapon. A sonic, grav or stasis weapon would all be viable unique options for a nautical force.

Edit: A sonic weapon that gets enhanced power when used in Underwater Madness scenarios would be interesting. (To me at least :P)

Edited by Grifftofer

Or you could say the resonance hammer pushes forth a bow wave, allowing it both to glide through water unimpeded and cause extra dammage.

I mean, it's not the first time we'd have seen questionable physics in 40k ^_^