Make the engine housing waterproof and a chainblade is as good as any. Water would help keep the weapon cooled too as well as dislogde and flaky meaty bits and disolve any liquids.

Only problem would be the drag created by the whole thing spinning meaning that their motors would probably require more repair over time.

To me Vibro weapons, at least conceptually, are so close to being Power Weapons (look at 40k Transonic Weapons) that there'd be no real distinction rules wise.

Still, could be interesting fluffwise even if they end up just being chain weapons with a different name rules wise. Having weapons that vibrate ultrasonicly might not the the best thing to have underwater when near materials like Glass which could shatter.

Edited by Slipstreams

Had an idea for an artwork of the Scions on Laeran, kinda Horus Rising vibe but with them emerging from the sea onto dry land, with either Antonidas or Pionus beckoning them onwards. Also either some Titans of Gojira or Knights of Toho looming over them. Also, much volkites and whatever other guns the Scions favour.

Actually, maybe have it side-on.

I do also have a question about the Phantoms - do their helmets vary at all from the regular Scions look? Maybe one of these could be the basis for theirs? I guess the same question goes for the Depthstriders.

For the Actual Primarch, think Curze, less spikey with no blood, Smooth Plates, 40k Grav-gun style generators on the forearms and calves and a bigger one in the middle of the back.

No Visible backpack power supply.

For the helmet, think more along the lines of:

56cfff4e05714ce92a81d2964111d1d9.jpg

58d99b9a3090cd01a82196e7bc91e167.jpg

Something cold, dehumanizing, impersonal and emotionless.

I'd go with the first for the Phantoms. Maybe some of them paint a Skull onto their faceplates Night Lords style.

For the Depthstriders, they're Terminators in Homemade Cataphractii so either the helmet is instead just an armoured visor that connects the chest protrusion-thing to the one above their head:

99550101513_CataphractiiSpecialWeaponsUp

Or its something else.

Like those mini-submersible things?

http://cyberneticzoo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/WASP-oceaneering-copy-x640-640x482.jpg

Or maybe an astronaut would be a better comparison.

Maybe skulls is a little too Grave Stalker-y. Plus I feel it would jar a bit with the Scions' overall vibe.

Does the Qarith Prime idea get a nod, though? I may attempt a sketch once I have a solid idea for the appearance of the Knights, Depthstriders and Phantoms. Do the Scions favour any particular types of gun, besides bolters?

Oh Drak, we have so many orders to place...

*knocks on door*

Hello?

For the Knoghts I would say a bit more, smaller armor plates to be more flexible and waterproof. Furthermore it would look more like a Samurai armor either overlapping plates.

Heads look like the demonic Samurai helmets. St least the Order ones.

And the exhaust pipe should be modified. Maybe more like thermal than exhausts.

They've been Cataphractii from the get-go since its the tougher of the suits :p

For the Knights, I wouldnt know.

I thought Tartaros was best of both? Indomitus being fast as Tartaros but not as tough

I think he's right, I recall something similar myself.

They've been Cataphractii from the get-go since its the tougher of the suits :p

For the Knights, I wouldnt know.

I thought Tartaros was best of both? Indomitus being fast as Tartaros but not as tough
I think he's right, I recall something similar myself.

Seems it's actually faster than Indomitus, but no word on how it compares against Cataphracti in terms of toughness

• 2 weeks later...