Insurrectionists' Strategium

Athrawes

I think the plan is, while on paper, the Loyalists had the numbers on their side that through Brilliant Planning by Icarion (Divination and all that) that the traitors were able to Cripple the Loyalist Legions enough that they no longer had a numerical advantage.

I'm leaving it up to you guys if I die or not. If so, then I'll figure out some suitably nutty death for him, if not, I've got a rough idea on his Daemon Primarch model that I can start making next week so we have some more visuals for our little soirée here.

Somewhere we discussed Niklaas and Raktra having a "friendly" confrontation( perhaps when they first meet) maybe they go head to head again at the battle that halts the traitor advance.

You're Khorne's new adopted son, Raktra. Daemon Princehood is guaranteed.

Even better if the Ascension is through a Bloody, Gore-y mess-of-a-ritual-combat.

I think the plan is, while on paper, the Loyalists had the numbers on their side that through Brilliant Planning by Icarion (Divination and all that) that the traitors were able to Cripple the Loyalist Legions enough that they no longer had a numerical advantage.

The numbers can be tweaked. Keep in mind, some legions are spread out amongst the entire Imperium, while Icarion can arrange for his legions to concentrate their forces more effectively.

Which traitor legions will attack which loyalist legions? Because that will likely help determine just how badly the loyalists are massacred.

Until the godslayers become properly corrupted by nurgle, they would only attack legions that could be perceived as 'tyrannical' or fanatics, meaning Alexandros is out.  I also feel like these two would have gotten along well before the betrayal, so Koschei would be reluctant about attacking him.  Alternatively, Grandpappy Nurgle could send them out on a mission to bring more into their 'righteous cause', a legion that could be swayed due to a flaw in the geneseed.

At the moment it's looking like Yucahu or Azus

I think that K'awil and the Grave Stalkers should go after Daer'dd and the Iron Bears, albeit with some assistance probably. This would allow for Daer'dd to make his last show of defiance in beating down on K'awil until he is a pulpy mess before he breathes his last.

Yeah. Looking at the numbers I think I will need some assistance to take on a Legion that is 16 times my size :P I mean we're good, but probably not that good.

Alexos would go after EVERYBODY, seriously, he would play mind games via warp connections all the time and just destroy the imperial warp travel routes with magick. Also, legion wise, Alexandrosses legion would be Alexosses legion prime mission. and the iron bears and crimson lions would also be attacked by my legion ALOT

Which traitor legions will attack which loyalist legions? Because that will likely help determine just how badly the loyalists are massacred.

The Jackals would be led primarily after Niklaas, with Jackel wanting to test his mettle against the other stealth ops legion, Alexandros, as Jackel hates speakers and finds them cowardly, and Hectarion, using his berserkerness to draw him into traps to systematically whittle down his legion.

Sorry to chime in here, I was just thinking whichever brother or brothers take down Daer'dd I thought it'd be a classic bit of story telling that the killing blow comes when Daer'dd about has the fight won, standing over his grievously wounded brother or brothers whom he is about to finish when they pull out a hidden pistol or blade and finish Daer'dd with it and it was a weapon he had forged for them. Maybe destroying both his hearts or something. I thought I'd see what you fine folks thought?

Sounds like a plan to me. You can be standing over K'awil's broken body before [insert primarch name here] strikes the last blow that takes you out. So you will at least have a small victory over an enemy Primarch before you die ;)

Daer'dd stands tall in his battered armour looking down on the broken form of his once brother K'awil. He does not regret his actions, merely the necessity of them. The fight rages around them still, but they are in the eye of the storm and no mere astartes can approach them.

[A plasma weapon whines as it reaches peak charge]

A few pointers:

1. Alexandros will be on Terra when the Betrayal occurs due to Icarion's timing. That way, the Arch-Loyalist is unaware of the full extent of what's going on for a few days, and allows the Traitors to focus fire on the other legions/Primarchs.

2. While I like Alexos' enthusiasm, he is the one who's going to tear down the Terran wards and needs to time it at the same time as the Betrayal happens. So, he's on Warp duty for this event.

3. I was going to suggest the Pariah Primarchs go against the Psyker Loyalists, but then I saw that Alexandros is the only one! Funny how that worked out.

4. For Daer'dd and his legion, I think two Traitor legions/Primarchs is necessary to ensure his death, as y'all are grasping when it comes to his death scene.

So i know that two of the chaos gods have legions under their patronage. I was wondering if anyone else is interested in falling under the power of a single god? I have thoughts that would allow the non-pariahs to fall under the sway of either slaanesh or tzeentch, but don't want to step on any toes if someone already has plans.

Yeah, this would give a new note to our heresy, where the gods can work partly together. Always wondered, why there doesn't exist any champions who were favoured by 2 gods. But all 4 work together.....as if...

Well as I said I have reasons for either/both the remaining gods might back my legion. But I don't want to do that if people think I'm hogging too much of the spotlight. Being chosen by 2 of the gods AND having Pariahs might be too much for one legion to have in the storyline. So I definitely want others to be able to get themselves in before me if they want.

Of course if no-one minds or wants the remaining gods I'll use them to create an army of chaosy doom. [insert evil laughter]

Edited by Grifftofer