Insurrectionists' Strategium

Athrawes

Grifftofer, have you got anyone to kill you yet? Perhaps Slaanesh could have an interest in you, but engineers your death/crippling in exchange for Morro's soul, while the rest of the Drowned turn renegade, realising that while Chaos is WRONG, the Emperor is also WRONG, (because Big letters) and so set out with the remainder of the revelutionaries im an attempt to reforge a Primarch.

Pretty much the same as normal zombies.  Supposedly the first case of it was in m41, although it's alluded that the inhabitants of Davin might have had a similar thing (I've been bingewatching the walking dead, hence the idea).  But I think it might make an interesting trick on the part of Nurgle seeing as Koschei would not be particularly open to the idea of killing everyone with plagues.  It could be that Koschei asks for all to be equal, and Nurgle delivers by turning them all into mindless animals.

• 2 weeks later...

Alright, time to address the opening move of the Betrayal. What we do know is that Dear'dd will go down fighting, crippling K'awil in particular.

But that leaves plenty else undecided. 

Like Horus, Icarion won't be on the 'field' proper. Instead, him and an element (not sure of the size) will be at Madrigal where he'll declare his Independence and begin creating his counter-Imperium. Likewise, Alexandros will be on Terra when the Betrayal happens. 

That still leaves 5 Loyalist Primarchs and 8 Traitors Primarchs. Actually, make that 7 since Alexos has to break down the Terran wards to keep the Emperor stuck on the Golden Throne during the Insurrection.

So, we're going to have a series 1 vs 1 for most of the initial battles with someone teaming up with K'awil to kill Daer'dd, and another 2 vs 1.

Raktra, since Khorne has his eyes on you, I think it would make a poetic kind of symmetry if you attacked Hectarion and his legion. In fact, I think we could have a really interesting storyline if Raktra continues to pursue Hectarion as Raktra becomes corrupted, constantly going flip-flopping from trying to kill Hectarion to trying to corrupt/unleash the Bloodthirster shard.  

I'm seeing a massive fleet/underwater campaign as the two Ocean Primarchs, Pionus and Morro, have at it. 

Kozja and Jade will be the other dual force, and their target will be Azus, trying to pin him down and execute him.

The Jackels will try to eradicate the Void Eagles, Willym and Yuchau facing off.

Coch'ise has the 'honor' of trying to eliminate Niklaas and the Fire Keepers.

Finally, it is Koschei who will deal the killing blow against Daer'dd. In his mind, he's not so much as killing Daer'dd as he is saving K'awil from Daer'dd. But Icarion made sure Koschei would have to face off against the Iron Bear to test Koschei's resolve. Well, not so much as a test, since Icarion will have foreseen what will happen. By killing Daer'dd, one of the noble Primarchs, it'll lodge a splinter in Koschei's soul. 

All, good things Simison.

Since we are going the "duel Imperiums" route. As we talked about, Icarion is initially leading the defenses around Madrigal at the end, While the Lightning Bearers 1st Captain (equivalent) is leading the majority of the Lightning Bearers on Terra.

That's Susanoo Empyon, 1st Sentinel of the Lightning Bearers.

If you need someone to kill Pyrrhicles, he might be a good choice. If Icarion ultimately wanted to convince Alex that this is both personal, and to try and lay the seeds for bringing his closest brother ultimately under his banner, Then Icarion would need him to be emotionaly off balance. To that end, dispatching his first captain to kill Alex's Equerry might be a good start, to remove a voice of council at a critical moment.

Plus, it would leave a grudge to settle from the Wardens perspective during the siege.

When I wrote Niklaas' rules and then looked at rules for other primarchs I wondered if he was rather weak.

But then I rolled off between Niklaas and Coch'ise.

No charge just base to base combat Niklaas kills Coch'ise in 4 rounds, taking no wounds himself.

Shooting is the same story.

But Coch'ise is too smart to face Niklaas in a fair fight. It will an interesting battle that is for certain.

Azus likes that idea; reminiscent of his days on Dhul'Hasa while he was being hunted by the tribes. To that end, I was thinking he could try to evade them on his own. Here's a possible chronology I was thinking about:

- Azus takes the betrayal very badly, especially Alexos'

- Members of the Dune Serpents with friends in the Eagle Warriors begin to show dissent, some even turning traitor

- Azus loses trust in the majority of his legion, leaving to hunt the traitors himself

- Kozja and Jade begin hunting him down, a fact that Azus is oblivious to as he is looking for Alexos

Also, the moment Koschei kills Daer'dd is when he ascends, meaning he trusts Nurgle enough that when he says he can make everyone equal, Koschei accepts and is then blessed by the zombie plague

Also, the moment Koschei kills Daer'dd is when he ascends, meaning he trusts Nurgle enough that when he says he can make everyone equal, Koschei accepts and is then blessed by the zombie plague

It's too early. Unless we're doing a 4 year Insurrection (which I'm very hesitant to do), Nurgle and the other Chaos gods haven't had enough time to corrupt any of the legions yet. Now, Nurgle could use Daer'dd's death to start sending the whispers and visions to Koschei and start him down that road. 

I'm more than fine with giving Empyon the glory of slaying Pyrrhicles, Athrawes. It can also serve as a type of foreshadowing of the end of the war. 

As far as the Mechanicum, Icarion has several routes of bringing them to his cause. At any point during his campaigns, Icarion may have found a corrupted tech-artifact (maybe even a corrupted STC), and sent it to Hal's way. I am open to a three-way Mechanicum civil war, but Hal is going to go Traitor. The way he is in canon, bitter towards the Emperor, it's just too easy to convince him to go into revolt. 

Also, could I suggest that when Raktra comes storming after the Crimson Lions, he takes Alexos and Jackel with him?

I was thinking that the reasoning could be that Icarion wants to completely annihilate the Crimson Lions so sends 3 legions to get the job done. This could also serve as Alexos overseeing Raktra becoming a demon prince and Jackel(seeing Raktra's transformation) begins to think he's on the wrong side.