Insurrectionists' Strategium

Athrawes

Also, do we know any names of Forgeworlds that produce a lot of power armour or bolter ammunition? Because logically those would be high priority targets for both sides.

I don't know any canon ones that do, but that's hardly a hindrance.

As for the campaign idea. It's fine so long as it happens toward the middle-end area. 

AFAIK, all Forgeworlds are Capable of Producing Power Armor and Standard legion equipment; hell, even Legion Forge Ships are able to if they have the proper materials.

What really distinguishes a Forgeworld is its unique-to-the-world/moon/installation gear such as Ryza and its Plasma Weaponry, for example.

Yes all are capable of doing so but there are probably a few(relatively) that are soley dedicated to producing legion weaponry. These few would also be the fastest at doing so, so both sides would probably try and get them as being cut off from armour and ammo supplies would seriously hurt a legion

Well in this timeline, Katarius Nemean, the orginial Legion master, is long dead. During the Legions Self purge. There might be a handful who violently loathe the Halycon Wardens, but by and large Icarion and Alex were the closest brothers by far. Their legions really respected one another (or at least the Lightning Bearers respected the Halcyon Wardens, I'm not sure how they felt about the Lightning Bearers...)*. So, at least in the early Insurrection, while Icarion and the legion feel wronged, their anger isn't directed towards The HW or Alex, its more a feeling of being overlooked by the Emperor whom they thought trusted them above all others. There is certainly asome jealousy directed towards Alex from within the Legion, but Icarion really wants acknowledgment and validation from his closest brother. He wants to bring Alex to his banner against their father.

*I'd actually really like to know from each Legions perspective and separately their Primarch, how they viewed the Lightning Bearers and how they viewed Icarion (both During the Great crusade and during the Insurrection.)

The whole premise of the Icarion insurrection is that by and large, the Imperium thought Icarion was the natural Warmaster, even Alex thought the Emperor made a mistake in not selecting Icarion.

I'm good with chasing down Hectarion, I can write it in a metaphysical "leading a horse with a carrot" manner.

Where are the Lions being attacked? Home world or [insert location]? If it was a direct home world attack then repelling so many invaders could be believed. Remember by that point my guys will have half their numbers due to the Legion civil war, too.

The first engagement is Lions vs Berzerkers only over some world which has yet to be named. It's after that when the Berzerkers are chasing the Lions into their empire that the Eagle Warriors and Jackals turn up for a Shadow Crusade type event.

As for how the Crimson Lions view the Lightning Bearers, they would respect them certainly for being the first legion and therefore most accomplished of the legions. However, being from a supersticious society as they are(mostly) the Crimson Lions would probably be slightly unsetled and distrusting of the Lightning Bearers widespread use of psychic powers. After the beginibg of the insurrection, the Lions librarians are in for a rought time as the insurrecrion will confirm all the Lioms fears about pyskers.

Edited by Sigismund229

The Wardens would mostly mirror Alex and hold great respect toward the Lightning Bearers. Especially the Warden Librarius, which would be eager to train knowledge mastered with the Bearer's mirroring body. Because Alex emphasizes a lot of individuality in his sons, there'd be a few exceptions. Mahtva (the Warden's hot-head) would probably be more annoyed by the Bearer's grace. 

Daer'dd would have a deep respect, he might actually be a little colder to Icarion but that's just him being jealous and respectful of his talents and achievements, him being a "younger" brother. When Icarion falls though Daer'dd goes to takes the full weight of being Father's axe. When Magnus falls it brakes his heart, when Russ dies it broke him to think he and his brothers are mortal. But when Icarion falls his eternal warmth goes cold. As far as legion goes they'd share a kinship. But after Daer'dd's death, they'd blame it on him (as he was the guiding hand), they'd hate Icarion and his sons so much that once the war is over they'd dedicate hunting cadres to fell what remains of his sons (not saying it's always a winning fight obviously).

Wardens under Gwalchavad distrust him , cause the Lightbringers only leave dead People behind. ( damn ghost crusade). Gwalchavad Stands behind the Alex als warmaster, cause he Sees him aus more noble and he Cares for The People. And it was the Choice of their Father, te embodiment of bling.

Before the Réunion the Apostles of War Admired him

Edited by MikhalLeNoir

The Stygian Jackals have the utmost respect for both Icarion and his legion, looking up to them, like little brothers to older brothers. Jackel has respect for the Lightning Bearers, but views his legion as superior, and looks up to Icarion immensely, and feels that his brother was cheated when Alexandros was declared warmaster. This is part of his eventual dissent, and separation from the imperium.

Morro actually cares little, at any point. He struggles to form a kinship with any however.

In regards to the legion, those Tendril fleets which served as part of the Crusade Exoedition Fleets are able to form a better opinion of them.

Those other legionaries share the philosophy of 'I've not seen it, so I don't care'.

Pionus and the Scions sees Icarion and the Bearers as Equals but still affords them the Respect they deserve for being the First Legion, especially since the Scions were one of the Last Legions to have been formed. Before the Insurrection, service with the Lightning Bearers would be seen as a good thing within the Legion due to being able to learn from their more experienced Cousins.

When word of their Treason Reaches the Legion, they would wait for confirmation from the Emperor/Warmaster before doing anything Overt but would immediately cut all ties to the traitors and purge their ranks of any supporters of the traitors and immediately start using the data they've accumulated through inter-legion operations to better familiarize themselves with the enemies they'll have to put down.

Also, do we know any names of Forgeworlds that produce a lot of power armour or bolter ammunition? Because logically those would be high priority targets for both sides.

How about doing more of a vehicle production forge world : most Legions have easy access to bolt ammunition manufacturing, or other bolt weapons, and to some form of Power Armour (even if it does have to be "heresy" pattern), but few have the facilities for vehicles like Land Raiders, and none for Superheavies.

Then you could have a Tallarn-esque/Stalingrad-esque tank battle, lasting more than a year http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/cool.png

How about this?

Iyacrax IV was a forge world located galactic north of the Imperium. When Icarion declared his independence from the Imperium, Iyacrax was part of the Imperial loyalists in the mechanicum. It was a major production centre of not only astartes armour and ammunition but also Glaive, Fellblade and Falchion pattern super heavy tanks. As such, it was a high priority target for the insurrectionists. This led Icarion to send a mixed force of Lightning Bearers and Warbringers to take the world. The legionaries were expecting resistence from worker militia and limited numbers of skitarii, automata and thallax. However, instead they found the full Legio Astorum who stood ready to defend Iyacrax alongside the battered and bloody remnants of the Iron Bears and Clan Tauran of the Crimson Lions and a great number of Halycon Wardens. Instead of the one sided fight the traitors had expected, Iyacrax turned into a meat grinder conflict, with both sides clashing amidst the ruins of Iyacrax's once great manufactory hives, destroyed by the original traitor bombardement. The war only came to a conclusion when the traitors were forced to retreat due to the impending arrival of loyalist reinforcements, but not before the traitors destroyed all of the manufactories they had captured and their fleet had driven Iyacrax's sun to go into a supernova, making Iyacrax a useless radioactive wasteland. 

I also thought that perhaps we should have a campaign take place on a world that's all plains or something in order to give the mobile legions a chance to shine.

Edited by Sigismund229

How about this?

Iyacrax IV was a forge world located galactic north of the Imperium. When Icarion declared his independence from the Imperium, Iyacrax was part of the Imperial loyalists in the mechanicum. It was a major production centre of not only astartes armour and ammunition but also Glaive, Fellblade and Falchion pattern super heavy tanks. As such, it was a high priority target for the insurrectionists. This led Icarion to send a mixed force of Lightning Bearers and Warbringers to take the world. The legionaries were expecting resistance from worker militia and limited numbers of skitarii, automata and thallax. However, instead they found the full Legio Astorum who stood ready to defend Iyacrax alongside the battered and bloody remnants of the Iron Bears and Clan Tauran of the Crimson Lions and a great number of Halycon Wardens. Instead of the one sided fight the traitors had expected, Iyacrax turned into a meat grinder conflict, with both sides clashing amidst the ruins of Iyacrax's once great manufactory hives, destroyed by the original traitor bombardement. The war only came to a conclusion when the traitors were forced to retreat due to the impending arrival of loyalist reinforcements, but not before the traitors destroyed all of the manufactories they had captured and their fleet had driven Iyacrax's sun to go into a supernova, making Iyacrax a useless radioactive wasteland. 

I also thought that perhaps we should have a campaign take place on a world that's all plains or something in order to give the mobile legions a chance to shine.

There are some good ideas, but I think it might be too mustache twirling that the traitors specifically destroy the manufactoria and then even the sun... We don't want to create a battle between goodies and baddies, we want to create an orgy of senseless violence where everbody is a baddy http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/msn-wink.gif

Of course it's a high target priority for all camps, not just the insurrectionists... And the whole original point is to take the point without damaging the manufactoria, so it makes no sense that the insurrectionists should bombard the forge world http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/huh.png

I have to be honest, I think there are too many armies in place, there should be at MOST three armies a-side, and I'd say only one Space Marine Legion detachment per side, probably a Titan Legion on each side as well, and finally a Mechanicum army on one side, with and "Imperial" Army on the other... Something like that. Basically, not twice the same army make-up.

I think really an Urban Tank (including walkers) Battle, where each side take control of Manufactoria early on, and continually repair their combat vehicles (leading to the meat grinder, and explaining why the manufactoria are eventually destroyed)...

I would still be inclined to say a Loyalist victory, since they are pretty devastated early in the Insurrection, but it is a Pyrrhic victory at best...

But your writing is pretty good http://image.bolterandchainsword.com//public/style_emoticons/default/smile.png