Blood, Lies and Iron - An Iron Warriors log

Pariah Mk.231

Since I've been a jerk and made you guys make do with bad pics, I've decided to make amends. Here are a few of the models from above but with better quality, better light and a little paint slapped on to help pick out details. They're still a long way from done, but what kind of WIP log doesn't have WIP shots.

To start, the Khorne Lord

12227585_1192844924065518_40042167846031

The Sorcerer

11216703_1192845060732171_89259130179768

The Obliterator

12247052_1192844940732183_41146768080444

12239952_1192844980732179_69250676473106

More on the way.

And finally, the Forgefiend I'm working on. He still has a LOT of work needed.

12243348_1192844697398874_86926857232456

12274690_1192844714065539_53266602630946

12249946_1192844820732195_62017477189603

I want him to look like he previously had another pair of legs that got warped into a tail. I'm also going to put a bunch of tiny legs poking out of the tail to give it a centipede look, with a few daemonette claws near the belly, which will house a mouth. I see this guy as resting on the bulk of his tale, while his forelegs drag him forward. I'll also have to extend the neck armour to cover the top of his head.

Also, beard'o'cables.

Looking good, great conversion with the Fiend!

I've still got so much work left to do on him that it's actually kind of disheartening. I'll get there eventually, and if my skill can match my vision, then it will be a glorious monstrosity.

@Raven: Those 1Ksons are shaping up to be some of my favourite models I've even made. Not really worth their points, but I just don't care, I love them.

Currently planned are the units I've already shown, 2x 10-man duel-plas marine squads (probably more), a helbrute, some possessed and a big squad of meatshields for the lord. I also want to make a companion to the obliterator, but I want to finish my vow (which is looking dangerously close to failure with the small amount I've time I've been able to dedicate lately) before I go building anything else. That's also why it's going to be a bit of wait before the fiend gets any love.

I've been fleshing out the warband's story while working on some mundane, non-hobby tasks. It's still pretty much just concept stuff at the moment, but I'm slowly getting there. 

While still nominally the warband's master, Warsmith Hephaeston no longer commands it. Before the Heresy, Hephaeston was much like his Primarch in that he had a passion for designing and building things of beauty, though his skill at warfare gave him little time for this passion. An accomplished, but unsubtle warrior, Hephaeston was a tool for his master to use, always assigned to the bloodiest conflicts and managing to triumph again and again through sheer brutality. His fellow warsmiths often insinuated he would be more at home among the World Eaters on account of his berserker-like rages in combat, concerned with little beyond the reach of his axe once he closed with the enemy. After the traitors retreated to the Eye, Hephaeston relished the opportunity to withdraw into solitude and work on his creations, but madness had already taken hold. While the things he designed were beautiful in his mind, the final product was always something grotesque. He simply could no longer project his designs without twisting them in the process. Though he has let command of his warband fall to his subordinate, Hekatus, he will still fight when his warband marches, his berserk fury earning him the favour of Khorne.

Hekatus enjoys this arrangement as it provides him a measure of protection both off and on the battlefield. On the field, Hephaeston draws the attention of any that would seek to destroy the warband's commander, while off the field he uses the authority of the warsmith to pursue his own agendas.

Despite no longer commanding his own warband, Hephaeston has attracted a following of cultists, known as the Kabiri, men dedicated to not only killing for their master, but also building his projects. These men were originally gathered as potential new Iron Warrior marines, but were found unsuitable for gene-seed implantation and instead were assigned as labour for Hephaeston's personal projects. Their foreman, and leader on the battlefield, takes the name of Kytho upon promotion to his position. This is not a formal name or title, it is simply because in his madness, Hephaeston still believes his original favoured assistant is still with him, despite the mortal man having perished millennia ago. It is easier for the new replacement to adopt the name than convince his master he is not the original assistant.

That is all I've got just now, but more will certainly come.

• 3 weeks later...

So I ended up being much busier than I expected to be for the past 6 weeks, so didn't manage to get everything I vowed finished in time. These guys are only at tabletop standard for now, but not for long. 3/7 is still better than having to wear the mark of shame for a year.

1455893_1207042179312459_931302702757043

Silly me getting confused by the rules, turns out I failed my vow after all and must now bear the mark of shame. Well technically I'm not forced to, but I made a vow and will accept the consequences for failing to keep it.

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/Call_of_Chaos_8_Banner_02_Failed.jpg

Archived