Old Dogs New Tricks - Space Hulk

Kalrath

I can't believe this is my first time seeing this thread! Total excellence all the way through- like thumbing through the pages of old-school White Dwarf! You attention to detail and your design on the tanks is unreal. Bravo, mate!

• 1 month later...

Hey there! I'm back on track!

This one took a while! Not for it's superb quality... I was just lazy....

ultramarines-chaplain-1-0.jpg

The rest of the vehicles (starting with the 1st predator) I plan on starting in about a month. I'm having my compressor looked over as it was loosing oil.

Hi Kalrath, I've only just found your log and I have to say your work is absolutely stunning, i'm devising an Ultramarines army myself at the moment and I can only hope to emulate the beautiful crisp paint style you've achieved on your miniatures, also the vehicles are a real walk down memory lane, I remember being an excited 9 year old running to get one of those Rhino's for the first time, my first ever vehicle in fact, great work.

Hi Kalrath, I've only just found your log and I have to say your work is absolutely stunning, i'm devising an Ultramarines army myself at the moment and I can only hope to emulate the beautiful crisp paint style you've achieved on your miniatures, also the vehicles are a real walk down memory lane, I remember being an excited 9 year old running to get one of those Rhino's for the first time, my first ever vehicle in fact, great work.

Thank you! That is mainly what I was trying to go for. I loved the early 90's minis and sadly was never able to own a 40k army then. Now that I do, it's full speed ahead!

Anyhow, finished my Terminator Chaplain!

ultramarines-chaplain-2-0.jpg

He looks very good, well done. :smile.:

It's going to be super difficult for him to turn his head though - between the helmet crest and the high Aquila-styled rear collar, he's going to have to turn is whole body like Darth Vader!

Thank you!

Nah, the crest is not fixed to the helmet, it spins in place when the head turns! 41st Millennium Tech! Same as the Telescopic Banner Poles!

He looks cool man, didn't the background book that came with Assault On Black Reach name him as Sicarius too, I thought he was just meant to be a younger version of the character.

You're right. I was always in doubt if it was him or not. I'm more of a look-at-the-pretty-pictures-kinda-guy! How about Grown-up Sicarius instead! 

I ran out of likes by page three :(. I'll just tell you that I love everything in here instead, a very cool mix of old and new put together seamlessly :D. That Land Raider of yours is truly special. I'll have to leave myself a note to come back and like it tomorrow!

Nemac 

Classic nice work.

Incidentally: I understand the small bases because those were the standard in the 90's, but don't understand the small bases because they were too small even in the 90's.

Thanks! As for the bases, I don't mind them being smaller than the current ones. I plan however in buying some 25-32mm adapters and see how they look. 

I ran out of likes by page three :sad.:. I'll just tell you that I love everything in here instead, a very cool mix of old and new put together seamlessly :biggrin.:. That Land Raider of yours is truly special. I'll have to leave myself a note to come back and like it tomorrow!

Nemac 

Aw–shucks! Thank you!

Anyway, here's a classic Techmarine!

ultramarines-techmarine-1-0.jpg?w=700&h=

Hey another familiar one! Just dug him out and redid him as an Imperial Fist for IFV-IV. Built a 40mm base for him from washers and JB weld.

We need some group pictures, like the old White Dwarf army pictures.

GFT

I also challenge you to do this picture so that your models are standing on some of those blad grasy model train hills, surrounded by vegetation made of green paper mache  balls with red-painted tooth picks stuck into it. Like the old days. ;):D

We need some group pictures, like the old White Dwarf army pictures.

GFT

I also challenge you to do this picture so that your models are standing on some of those blad grasy model train hills, surrounded by vegetation made of green paper mache balls with red-painted tooth picks stuck into it. Like the old days. ;):D

Agreed

Archived