Old Dogs New Tricks - Space Hulk

Kalrath

:biggrin.: That would go very well with the card ruins from the 2nd ed base set! Will try to oblige!

Card ruins? You mean you aren't going to remake them in more robust and better-detailed foamboard and plasticard for that modern-retro look? :whistling:

Looking at these makes me recall the warm and fuzzy feeling I had while first browsing through the 2nd edition Codex Ultramarines. I am a chaos player, heart and soul, but I really admired the clean and orderly, yet also vibrant and attractive 'Eavy Metal paintjobs on the classic models, and your models are really just as good. That Apothecary, in particular, is just gorgeous!

• 1 month later...

This thread hits you right in the nostalgia... reminds me of the old 3rd Ed rulebook that I got when I was just getting into the hobby as a kid.

Yeah... looks at shelf... I know what you mean!

This thread hits you right in the nostalgia... reminds me of the old 3rd Ed rulebook that I got when I was just getting into the hobby as a kid.

Yeah... looks at shelf... I know what you mean!

Thanks!

Are you kidding me? Is that banner freehand? 

So, yeah. I'm impressed. Again. 

Nahh, it's printed. I tried hand painting my old Empire Ludwig Schwarzhelm's Standard. Too much work for only a slightly better result (if that), so this time I went the express route!

• 4 weeks later...

Another brilliantly old school painted squad. Lovely!

Finished some more Terminators! Only 5 Terminators, 1 Terminator Captain and 4 Vehicles to go!

Wait, does that mean you're finished after that? Noooooooooooo

Gorgeous. Keep them coming. :thumbsup:

Great old school style! Brings back happy memories of Chaos Gate as a kid.

Great work on those terminators those are amazing! :thumbsup:

Great work on making those 2nd Edition plastic Terminators look respectable

As much as I hate those models, that's some top notch painting.

Thank you! They just needed some love!

Another brilliantly old school painted squad. Lovely!

Finished some more Terminators! Only 5 Terminators, 1 Terminator Captain and 4 Vehicles to go!

Wait, does that mean you're finished after that? Noooooooooooo

Thanks!

The Best is yet to come, but after the Vehicles I'll be done with the Ultras. Not to worry though, I still have Dark Angles, Imperial Fists and Deathwatch after these. And some Chaos too!

Anyhow, managed to finish the Terminator Captain!

ultramarines-captain-2-0.jpg

Excellent work on the Terminator Captain.

As much as I am sad to hear this Old School Ultramarine adventure is soon to come to an end, I am excited to hear there's Dark Angels, Imperial Fists, and even Chaos on its way!

A suggestion: post it in this thread. Your distinct style is so much more of a binding factor than the factions contained in it. 

• 1 month later...

The Best is yet to come, but after the Vehicles I'll be done with the Ultras. Not to worry though, I still have Dark Angles, Imperial Fists and Deathwatch after these. And some Chaos too!

I love seeing your work, and this comment has made me very happy indeed! I agree that maybe you should just keep going in this thread, especially if your plan is to do them all in a 2E style like these Ultras. :D

Archived