The Liber Challenges part Seven - Space Marine Chapters

Aqui

D'oh! The deadline and Other Things caught up to me. I'll see what I can have ready by the deadline. It won't be the grand article I'd planned on, but it'll be something.unsure.png

Nothing like a deadline to motivate you, I did mine in a single sitting last night... It probably shows tongue.png

As long as there's enough to fill the criteria, then you can mark it as "Complete" and then return to it the month after next for the "mop up" month happy.png

Which reminds me, I still haven't finished mine yet...

That's my thinking, it's complete as far as this challenge goes as it fills the criteria. Can an IA ever truly be completed though? tongue.png I enjoyed writing it and have already got some help so I don't think I'll be waiting until next month to return to it smile.png There is so much more to write...

That's my thinking, it's complete as far as this challenge goes as it fills the criteria. Can an IA ever truly be completed though? tongue.png I enjoyed writing it and have already got some help so I don't think I'll be waiting until next month to return to it smile.png There is so much more to write...

I can't believe that the idea for my Amber Dragons seems to make sense and no one has (so far) poked any major holes in it! blink.pnglaugh.png

Well, looks like this Musketeer found some extra powder and shot for this challenge. The only section that needs completion now is the Notable Characters, er, section. Totally doable now that my brain is magically functioning again. In fact, I've got one chap almost ready for the gauntlet. Now that I've had some great and generous help in remembering how to cut things down via Grand Master Belial and also in the area of outlining from Conn and PaulJam, this article is going smooth. I think one more character and I'll be content.

I do have one question: during the "get it together" month, can we begin to expand our Chapters using different Index Astartes formats and then present them? Not to say that I'll be waiting for then to strictly begin seeing which structures the Clerics will look awesome with. There's still finishing the Dark Angels Brotherhood Article but that's neither here nor there.

I do have one question: during the "get it together" month, can we begin to expand our Chapters using different Index Astartes formats and then present them? Not to say that I'll be waiting for then to strictly begin seeing which structures the Clerics will look awesome with. There's still finishing the Dark Angels Brotherhood Article but that's neither here nor there.

When you say Index Astartes, do you mean the way your articles are presented? If so, then it shouldn't be a problem smile.png

So, to qualify as complete for the challenge, I just need to add some notable battles and Chapter Heroes to my four Chapters.

I think I might just be able to pull this off after all. biggrin.png

They're all still very much in need of further work after that (extra thanks to everyone who came at me with the much needed C&C, apologies for taking so long to act on it) but then if writing IAs was easy I guess we wouldn't need a challenge to spur us into action. laugh.png

can't believe that the idea for my Amber Dragons seems to make sense and no one has (so far) poked any major holes in it! :blink::lol:

Perhaps your current readership is more interested in the possibilities of an interesting storyline/setting than canon nitpickery :)

Dragonworld??? You madman!!!

better?

can't believe that the idea for my Amber Dragons seems to make sense and no one has (so far) poked any major holes in it! blink.pnglaugh.png

Perhaps your current readership is more interested in the possibilities of an interesting storyline/setting than canon nitpickery smile.png

Dragonworld??? You madman!!!

better?

laugh.png

My overall theme is an alternate version of Prometheus and the giving of fire. And the creatures in the IA are merely called Dragons as the indigenous population are not known for factual accuracy laugh.png

Still, I'll give it one last look over tomorrow.

Coincidentally, my own Challenge was a Salamander Successor's take on Prometheus and the giving of fire, by replacing it with the Cyclops who forged the thunderbolts of Zeus.

The father-titan gave us fire, because we can control the inferno, let it be the protector and the ravager as one. To give the fire to all would be to lose control, and the conflagration would consume indiscriminately. We are more, we are greater, than mortal man could ever become. But we are greater for mortal man.

We bear the storm.

Coincidentally, my own Challenge was a Salamander Successor's take on Prometheus and the giving of fire, by replacing it with the Cyclops who forged the thunderbolts of Zeus.

The father-titan gave us fire, because we can control the inferno, let it be the protector and the ravager as one. To give the fire to all would be to lose control, and the conflagration would consume indiscriminately. We are more, we are greater, than mortal man could ever become. But we are greater for mortal man.

We bear the storm.

In my case, the "true" message (Prometheum Cult) of Vulkan was twisted. Fire was no longer "pure", it was used in the wrong way, so the Amber Dragons took back complete control of it, only giving the natives that which they needed and nothing more.

So do we have tomorrow or until midnight tonight? tongue.png

I have some stuff missing and am all typed out...

Tomorrow, although I admit I never actually gave a finish time.

To make it fair, let's say that this challenge ends at 00:00 Tuesday GMT time. So, twenty-six (26) hours from now smile.png

The Age of Darkness challenge will commence around 6-8pm GMT (twenty-two (22) hours from now.

Surely 00:00 Tuesday is in an hour and a half, wouldn't it be 00:00 Wednesday? tongue.png

But either way thanks!

wallbash.gif That's probably what I meant - basically twenty-five and a half hours from now laugh.png

Age of Darkness eh? I guess my DG army will get a write up too biggrin.png

I'm exploring a Legion that I had intended on making before I settled on the XIII. I'm looking forward to it happy.png

An age of darkness Challenge? Did you read my mind? I planned to create my own XI legion and I didn't knew where to post it. :)

Hell yeah, I'm excited. My contribution will link my XI with my Storm Riders. :D

I can't believe that the idea for my Amber Dragons seems to make sense and no one has (so far) poked any major holes in it! blink.pnglaugh.png

Feedback you say?

Orange and white - so gauche... no Marine would be seen dead in those colours. Dragons? Don't be ridiculous, this isn't fantasy! Call them the Amber Robodragons if you must, more sci-fi. Also their battle cry is really similar to the Salamanders, they're an OC (original chapter) do not steal.

Am I doing it right? teehee.gif

Orange and white - so gauche... no Marine would be seen dead in those colours.

My Conflagrators would beg to differ. sleep.png

Aside from anything else, I want them to enter the Cult of Orange, so they'll have to be seen dead in them! laugh.png

Hmmm.....32 minutes to quickly type up the basics for my Chapter.....oh, go on then.

"I The Burt, vow to complete the creation of the Sable Hawks Chapte rof the Adeptus Astartes by the Twentieth of October 2015, this I swear in the both the name of the Emperor and my Primarch, Corvus Corax!"

Hmmm.....32 minutes to quickly type up the basics for my Chapter.....oh, go on then.

"I The Burt, vow to complete the creation of the Sable Hawks Chapte rof the Adeptus Astartes by the Twentieth of October 2015, this I swear in the both the name of the Emperor and my Primarch, Corvus Corax!"

Erm...you have twenty-four hours (give or take twenty odd minutes) left smile.png not twenty odd minutes smile.png

Edit: Just seen your topic and have added it to the first post - I haven't marked it as complete yet, just so you can take advantage of the twenty-four hours left to tweak it smile.png

Archived