ART - Symbols, Icons and Badges

AlphariusOmegon108

Thing is that the eye is already the symbol of the horus heresy and i think we should make clear that this is a universe standing on its own. But the symbol looks cool. Would prefer the second

I think that's what works about it though since an outsider can immediately look at it and think, "okay, those are the traitors, and the lightning guy is the Horus equivalent."

@Kelborn: The Oni mask sounds a bit heavy-handed to me, I'd suggest maybe a skull bearing Icarion's forehead crystal instead.

I think putting a skull or face in the center of the cross would only serve to overcomplicate it. If you look at the main faction symbols for 40k or 30k, they are all stark simple.

Hmm...then perhaps a foresight gem thingy with crossed lightning bolts in the background

So building off these ideas...How about either an oni mask or a skull with the foresight gem, with a couple lightning bolts behind it? I can mock something up and compare to the others.

And is the Eye of Terra pretty much the eye that Horus bears, or am I just confused?

Hm, completely forgetting that I'm re-starting my 1st year of college in less than a week. On topic, do we have any attempt at a symbol for the Suzerainty? I believe we talked about a Vitruvian Man, but that it needed to be slightly modified to give a more martial/augmented vibe.

You mean this guy?

http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2016/9/1/824115-codename%3A%20bear.jpg[/url]

Ups. I meant this

http://img01.deviantart.net/17e2/i/2011/322/f/c/vitruvian_bio_man_by_zmeymh-d4giu4z.jpg

Actually, I have given some thought to a symbol for the Suzerainty. So concept that I considered is that they see themselves as the "true" Imperium, and so perhaps an icon that mirrors the Imperial Aquila could communicate that. Not an eagle, but maybe a dragon? It could show the Suzerainty's percieved superiority to the imperium, and dragons are an element of both eastern and western mythology, something that has been brought together through the Warbringers and Warriors of Peace. Another idea could be a phoenix, representing the Suzerainty "rising from the ashes" of what they see as a broken Imperium.

I also very much like the image of the Vitruvian man, as it communicates the interest in enhancing the human genome, as well as the Suzerainty's concept of being the "one true" empire of humanity. Plus I think it makes a great symbol on its own merit.

On a side note, should we set up a thread specifically for the Suzerainty for any kind of discussion on that topic? It might be helpful to have all the ideas in one place.

That could work. Jist thought of 2 pairs of wings (like higher order angels) and feet.

Something like that could work: after all, loyalist or secessionist, the Astartes are still angels of death, and the Suzerainty - unlike the Imperium - is ruled by elements of the Legiones

Given the definition of Suzerainity, could the icon be the Imperial symbol within (or gripping) a simple icon (e.g. circle, triangle etc.)?

Maybe something like this ( forget the flag.) instead of the cross we could putt there the vetruvian man just bigger.

Edit: Switched the symbols

http://orig01.deviantart.net/a295/f/2011/006/9/0/the_imperial_eagle_by_adigitalsm1ley-d36jw84.png

Edited by MikhalLeNoir