Leviathan Siege Dread tactics

depthcharge12

^My fondest memory of using Dad in a game is when he killed a Questoris Knight-Paladin before it could swing when it charged him :biggrin.:

What was lowering the Paladin's initiative?

Angron's initiative is 7, a paladin's is 4.

6 I7 str8 ap2 armourbane attacks with hatred should be just enough to finish a knight off :tongue.:.

Flint was sired directly by Angron and likely some very terrifying lady

Have you seen her flex? She can snap 50 year oaks between her calfs. I've seen her bench press my ego before...no man was said to be able to do it.

Has anyone felt like Leviathans are a bit...not cheesy, but very competitive? I don't want to sound bored with them already, but gameplay with them has gotten a bit monotonous.

I mean, fail that 4++ vs an Explodes result and suddenly they dont feel all that cheesy LOL

I also have a very strong positive bias towards them because its a Dreadnought.

I feel like the gameplay is repetitive because they have a job they can do and excel at without ever being in the realm of too  much for your opponent to really handle like say a supeheavy walker can be at times.  I get picked on a touch for using them in ZM  since im the KNIGHT GUY  at my store and they are the closest to knights you can get in ZM  but you know what  Ive grown to really love the things especially for the fact that they DO  have vulnerabilities like being susceptible to the damage table and being tarpitted by fearless tech cultists. 

I  can absolutely see where you are coming from tho. See target kill target , see hero mince hero ,  see hero dreadnought drill  hero dreadnought  can become redundant but man it sure beats like tac squad redundancy where its just  .... kay..bolters  then ....  

Also if flint can benchpress yer ego that means she could probably lift up a warlord titan. 

I  feel cheated , all I got from Dorn was the stubbornness and the temper issues. 

Edited by Bladewolf

Also if flint can benchpress yer ego that means she could probably lift up a warlord titan. 

Forge World's Warlord Titan isn't that heavy, maybe 10lbs?  It is a known fact members of the First have self-esteem issues, that's why they hide behind those dresses, it reminds them of their mothers' skirts. :P

She can squat-thrust Kanye's ego though, that's definitely something.

So my leviathan is under construction. Its going to have melta lance, siege drill, phosphex and volkites as it is going knight and vehicle hunting. My only issue is I'm deathguard and run reaping. So no pods and no running lol. Any advise tactics wise?

So my leviathan is under construction. Its going to have melta lance, siege drill, phosphex and volkites as it is going knight and vehicle hunting. My only issue is I'm deathguard and run reaping. So no pods and no running lol. Any advise tactics wise?

If I'm honest, the Leviathan doesn't work too well in the Reaping because of the lack of a Pod.

It'll take a lot of fire but will be a long time before it's guns get in range. The Pod also has the buff to survivability of essentially adding 2 AV12 5++ hull points to the Dread.

To make it work you'd need to use a Storm cannon for the range and then make sure you have enough target saturation so that it is not just shot to pieces.

Edited by Charlo

[snip]

It'll take a lot of fire but will be a long time before it's guns get in range. The Pod also has the buff to survivability of essentially adding 2 AV12 5++ hull points to the Dread.

Where does the 5++ for the pod come from?

Only thing is, I would think realistically you would be equally hindered by the giant dust cloud, but being embarked lets you draw a line from the hull that wouldn't cross any part of the drop pod. Just make sure to not put the petals in the way, I guess?

Petals of the pod have bever counted for anything, tbh. Theyre mostly there for show.

Shrouded buff only gets applied to stuff getting shot through the actual superstructure of the pod but it mightve been clarified at some point that an embarked unit shooting from inside the pod does not give the shrouded bonus.

my brother runs deathguard and I am trying to get him to start his own leviathan talon but now that you bring up its drawbacks in reaping maybe I shouldn't advise him to do so. ( his collection is built on reaping)  

I wonder if you could get away with foot slogging if your just so armor saturated that  shooting the leviathan is less sensible than shooting the other armored targets that dont have the 4++  

The storm cannon only adds 6inch range tho....

Cant run as reaping...

I'm going to be playing 3k list vs 2 knights and ba. Need some hitting power. Hoping he will be paying more attention to the thudd guns,venator and the Spartan racing towards him with morty and the gravewardens in

I feel like the gameplay is repetitive because they have a job they can do and excel at without ever being in the realm of too  much for your opponent to really handle like say a supeheavy walker can be at times.  I get picked on a touch for using them in ZM  since im the KNIGHT GUY  at my store and they are the closest to knights you can get in ZM  but you know what  Ive grown to really love the things especially for the fact that they DO  have vulnerabilities like being susceptible to the damage table and being tarpitted by fearless tech cultists. 

I  can absolutely see where you are coming from tho. See target kill target , see hero mince hero ,  see hero dreadnought drill  hero dreadnought  can become redundant but man it sure beats like tac squad redundancy where its just  .... kay..bolters  then ....  

I  feel cheated , all I got from Dorn was the stubbornness and the temper issues. 

mate the max base size is 60mm for zone mortalis... leviathan is on a 80mm he is too big for smashing through star ships :)

Only Monstrous Creatures must be on 60mm or less. Walkers do not have that restriction (p169 of Betrayal or p2 of the FW download).

It does make sense to houserule that all models have to be 60mm or less though! :)

mate the max base size is 60mm for zone mortalis... leviathan is on a 80mm he is too big for smashing through star ships :smile.:

The base size restriction refers to Monstrous Creatures