30k/40k................................................................................................................................................... Anything approaching reality on pretty much any subject imaginable...

Actually I like the idea of a mechanicum parliament. According to wikipedia, the kingdom of England had some sort of parliament right from 1215, and I think England was still pretty feudal at the time. Also, at the time, there was only the House of Lords (well, it wouldn't have had that name, but it would only have had nobles in it)

I don't really see the problem with that quote. (well, no major ones...)

Edited by Lord Thørn

Speaking as an Englishman, the English parliament in 1215 was less a parliament and more an assembly of lords establishing to keep the king under control. It only began to replace tje king as the major executive body in the 1600s following the civil wars. And the Kingdom of Emglands feudalism was quite different to mainland europes due to the Anglo-Saxon heritage. Anyway...whatever its lack of realism Mars had a parliament before the Emperor showed up.

Indeed. Now that those two sections have finished going through the editing process, here's a couple more. Mikhal, you have Dawn of the Imperium, while I write up The Great Crusade. I aim to have mine done by the end of tomorrow.

I have to finish first my response paper. Did the unifiquation wars before that :wink:

Good gravy, Mikhal. Do your response paper first next time! ...and thanks for the hard work. 

Dammit! Slow down you guys, you're making me feel sloaw and inadequate!

It's okay. Remember, we're just doing extra work until the legion/faction info starts filtering into the thread.

The Great Crusade

The union between Terra and Mars forged, the Great Crusade advanced onward, ready to reclaim the rest of the solar system in the name of the Imperium. The Emperor led his Space Marine Legions once they received the blessings of Martian technology. Jupiter and Saturn’s moons were liberated as xeno overlords were purged and their human slaves repatriated back to Earth, the Neptunian Deeps were eagerly cleansed of their mutant creatures, and the malevolent false-world of Sedna at Sol’s edge-light was annihilated by the pristine guns of the new Imperial Fleet. For the first time in an age, the Sol System knew unity. It was only the beginning.

The goal was simple: Pax Imperialis, the Imperial Peace, for Mankind across the galaxy. Yet, to achieve this goal required a gargantuan operation as billions of soldiers combined with tens of thousands of ships to create a task of unimaginable complexity and scale. Such an endeavour could possibly be executed only by the Emperor and his vast intellect. For tens of thousands of worlds of Humanity would needed to be reclaimed, and even more alien worlds would need to be put to the torch to safeguard humanity's safety.

[Need a review at earliest convenience.]

I'm not sure I see what the problems are. If you think humanity should be capitalised, I agree, but the FW writers haven't so I went with them.

Yes, yes, and depends on what you mean outline. If you mean the complete fluff chapter with legion history, legion structure, and exemplary battles, then yes.

The Great Crusade

With the union between Terra and Mars forged, the Great Crusade advanced onward, ready to reclaim the rest of the solar system in the name of the newly born Imperium. The Emperor took to the field alongside his Space Marine Legions, armed and armoured with Martian technology. Jupiter and Saturn’s moons were liberated as xenos overlords were purged and their human slaves repatriated back to Earth, the Deeps of Neptune were cleansed of their mutant creatures, and the malevolent false-world of Sedna at Sol’s edge-light was annihilated by the pristine guns of the new Imperial Fleet. For the first time in an age, the Sol System knew unity. However, this was only the beginning.

The goal was simple: Pax Imperialis, the Imperial Peace, for Mankind across the galaxy. Yet, to achieve this goal required a gargantuan operation as billions of soldiers combined with tens of thousands of ships to create a force of unimaginable scale. Such an endeavour could was only made possible by the vast intellect of the Emperor, for tens of thousands of human worlds would need to be reclaimed, and even more alien worlds would need to be put to the torch to safeguard humanity's nascent empire and it's place in the galaxy.

Edited by Sigismund229

I like it Sigismund, but I'm getting really confused about this: "xenos overlords"

Is this a Latin grammar rule I'm missing? Because in English, (after translating) you would say "alien overlords" not "aliens overlords".

I like it Sigismund, but I'm getting really confused about this: "xenos overlords"

Is this a Latin grammar rule I'm missing? Because in English, (after translating) you would say "alien overlords" not "aliens overlords".

Xenos in universe is used as plural and singular. I think.

Nope you can day xeno for singular. However, xeno is an ancient greek loan word and while we largely apply english grammatical rules, we've kept the practice of converting it into the genetive plural(might be dative I'm not sure, never actually done much greek) in circumstamces such as "xenos overlords". It just so happens that the genetive plural of xeno is xenos, meaning it registers as an unnesacery plural to anglophone eyes.

Guys all I have to say is wow... Seriously. It's not very often a project like this catches my eye but by jingo this is some of the best fluff for 40-30k I have ever read, and I am counting the canonverse stuff in that statement too. Your dedication to your legions is outstanding and the torrent of original ideas has kept me captivated for the past six hours or so as I have gone through all of you're threads. Going to be reading anything you guys write form now on with great interest and if you ever need some some knight houses written feel free to drop me a PM and I will gladly contribute to this momentous undertaking ;)

Guys all I have to say is wow... Seriously. It's not very often a project like this catches my eye but by jingo this is some of the best fluff for 40-30k I have ever read, and I am counting the canonverse stuff in that statement too. Your dedication to your legions is outstanding and the torrent of original ideas has kept me captivated for the past six hours or so as I have gone through all of you're threads. Going to be reading anything you guys write form now on with great interest and if you ever need some some knight houses written feel free to drop me a PM and I will gladly contribute to this momentous undertaking :wink:

All the threads? You have my condolences.

Seriously, thank you for the encouragement. Not everyone has had as positive reaction to our undertaking, and it's always a boost to hear respect sent our way. 

As to your offering of knights, I am intrigued and will keep an eye out for room in our project. Right now, we have a vague idea of what's going on in our books and we're a bit full. I think. The issue is that I'm not sure how much room we need for the daemonic upgrades for our Traitor legions. If it turns out we have some space, you'll be the first to know. 

The Great Crusade

With the union between Terra and Mars forged, the Great Crusade advanced onward, ready to reclaim the rest of the solar system in the name of the newly born Imperium. The Emperor took to the field alongside his Space Marine Legions, armed and armoured with Martian technology. Jupiter and Saturn’s moons were liberated as xenos overlords were purged and their human slaves repatriated back to Earth, the Deeps of Neptune were cleansed of their mutant creatures, and the malevolent false-world of Sedna at Sol’s edge-light was annihilated by the pristine guns of the new Imperial Fleet. For the first time in an age, the Sol System knew unity. However, this was only the beginning.

The goal was simple: Pax Imperialis, the Imperial Peace, for Mankind across the galaxy. Yet, to achieve this goal required a gargantuan operation as billions of soldiers combined with tens of thousands of ships to create a force of unimaginable scale. Such an endeavour could was only made possible by the vast intellect of the Emperor, for tens of thousands of human worlds would needed to be reclaimed, and even more alien worlds would need to be put to the torch to safeguard humanity's nascent empire and it's place in the galaxy.

Just to point it out again :P

Should probably be either "would need to be reclaimed" or "needed to be reclaimed"

Reading all of the threads did take a while but it was worth it, I hope... As to contributing some knight fluff its really up to you guys, I totally understand that there are already alot of people working on this. Not all battles are won with power armor though ;) cant wait to see how this all turns out.

A quick suggestion about the standard fw unit entry problem, maybe you could list the units the player can take but not have any stats and them have a reference to the official fw books at the bottom of the page. That way you can have the army list but not infringe on any legally grey areas in the maze of English copyright laws

Edited by KnightBringer

As vast as the galaxy was, the Emperor organized the Imperial military into various battle groups known as Expeditionary Fleets. Although their commanders took their orders directly from the Emperor and the War Council, each one of them operated in a state of semi-autonomy, free to make war as they saw necessary. Each Expeditionary Fleet was composed of in chief of a stunning range of void ships small and great, from scouts and pathfinders to drop ships, enormous troop transports, provender barques, Mechanicum Arks, light cruisers, and powerful battleships. Their paths were dictated by a myriad of factors: apocryphal lore salvaged from Dark Age vaults which hinted at where the great colonies of old may be found, the prognostications of the Martian Tech-priests and their Terran kin of savant-scholars, and the infamous yet rare breed of Rogue Traders given license to sail ahead of the fleets as birds of ill omen before a tempest, as well as unreliable elements, such as myths, rumors, and legends.

At this auspicious time, the Imperial military played host to the entire Space Marine Legion Corps who, given top priority, enjoyed large influxes of resources and technology from the entire solar system. This led to their ranks to an exponential rise in size and capability. The Space Marine Legions were the spearhead-the bane of all who opposed the Imperium by forming the lethal edge of the Great Crusade, whether human or alien.

Yet these great warriors did not stand alone. Behind the legions marched the Imperial Army: hundreds of human troops drafted from the warlike cultures of Terra before expanding with recruits from newly compliant worlds (the particular genius of this policy was to reduce possible dissent by removing possible soldiers from their homeworld and sent to the ever-expanding frontiers).  The Imperial Army served as a second line, mopping up after the Space Marine Legions and holding ground. When the legions were unavailable, they took their stead as best as they could, relying chiefly on their weight of numbers and strength of iron as their only advantages. Besides the Imperial Army and as important to the war effort, stood the gigantic war machines of the Mechanicum and its Forge Worlds, the greatest of these being the towering Titans of the Collegia Titanica. Worlds broke and cities melted beneath their power when the Titans deployed. Beyond them were a host of smaller organisations and armed formations, some charged with upholding Imperial law, others tasked with unique roles or combating unusual foes. The most significant of these were the glorious Custodian Guard, the Emperor’s Bodyguard whose numbers were few but great in strength. 

[Have another passage.]