Insurrection Pattern Power Armor

MikhalLeNoir

I think what could make Indomitus stand appart is the ability to deepstrike. If there were a pattern to have advanced sensors, it would be Tartaros I think (Indomitus is supposed to be easier to repair)

Good Idea. I'll make the change now :)

No. They removed it to get rid of the exploit of adding a cataphractii character to a heavy support squad and conferring the rule to the whole squad. Instead they now have Relentless (which doesn't carry over) and some sentences about not being able to run or overwatch. In the end it comes to the same thing but with less options for shenanigans.

Edited by Grifftofer

• 4 weeks later...

So, which Legions have aesthetic variants of armour marks, like in canon? From memory, the Lightning Bearers, Scions and Shepherds have their own variants of Mk IV.

The Grave Stalkers wouldn't likely have much in the way of aesthetic armour variants (fearsome embellishments aside), but I see the Wraith Armour as something of a mix of MkIV and MkVI (solid plates and smooth surfaces).

From the aesthetics? : knight helmets, runes on the armor ( similar to those the word bearers have). Often the small shield and the armor is very ornate. You can see it perfectly on the truscale sith (although this is artificer armor)

Good question...

Overall, they prefer MK IV and VI

As they decorate themselves with bones and skulls, maybe an allied forge world makes use of it and creates skull helmets like that of canon chaplains

A beaker skulk helmet would be cool, but shaped more like a reptile instead of a avian creature

I love Draks version of Andezos wrist blade. Maybe something like this for the Legionnaires as well

Have to think about it.

Void Eagles employ the Paravane variant of Mk II (noted as being better suited to void operation, according to the Dark Angels image in Retribution), their destroyer cadres wear a derivative of Mark III (that is, reinforced Mk II but not so heavy it prevents the use of jump-packs). Production-grade Mk V finds its way in the legion thanks to an ease in production from forge-ships, rather than needing resupply at forge-worlds, meaning most of their suits are amalgamations of Mk 2 and 5. The Fourth is a legion of field repairs, of bonding studs and duct tape. The 4th Fleet's cultural inspiration, and I really need to do a complete list in case some of them are not obvious, is "Soviet space program and weapon engineering jokes".

I've been toying with the idea that the Berserkers prompt the production of Mk V as they field so many Destroyers, whose weapons habitually mess with the more delicate armour systems and often don't care for much of the finer details that Maximus plate would provide.

I've been toying with the idea that the Berserkers prompt the production of Mk V as they field so many Destroyers, whose weapons habitually mess with the more delicate armour systems and often don't care for much of the finer details that Maximus plate would provide.

Destroyers in MkIV always felt weird to me, seemed to valuable for such a distasteful manner of war.

Are people cool with the idea that the Berserkers prompt the creation of Mk V? Also what other Legions would use it?

No objection whatsoever. The Void Eagles have about 35% of the Legion (terminators excluded) in MkV or derivations thereof, and I seem to remember the Eagle Warriors and Warriors of Peace fielding some as well, especially on neo-inducts. The Warbringers will hate it. It' new AND bad?!

Also, as of Master of Mankind, MkIII with jump-pack is confirmed as possible.