Possum's unforgiven, Back in Black...

Punk possum

Thanks all,

@ Dark Rage. Cheers! I've not really gone in for freehanding stuff too much before, but I'm getting more confident with it now. So I'm glad that its appreciated.

@ Isiah. Ta very much. I was really on the fence about the one red panel. I very nearly painted the other side red as well.

But I held my nerve and decided to leave it for a day or two to see how I felt about it. I think that's good advice for anyone who isn't sure at first. Let it be and come back to it, if you want to change it still then that's probably a good idea on the other hand you might well decide that you were right first time.

@ Angrymarine. Thanks. I love the B@C minis that sprue is soo good. My current favorite bit is the empty bolt pistol holster. Technically my dudes are Angels of Vengence but that's only because try as I might I just couldn't manage to get the Consecrators Icon repeatably good enough so I wimped out and used the AoV decals I stock piled  for some reason that I cant quite remember but am now very happy to have. My B@C Marines are due to join my 30k Loyalist World Eaters (though their allegiance might change eventually) . 

I also like the one red panel. It further highlights the company the vehicle is attached to as well as being Codex Compliant by it being Red. Leaving the other side blank notes that it is for squad or vehicle number.

Greetings Brothers,

so I've taken a bit of an excursion from 3rd company in order to provide my battle brothers with some 10th company support. Till now I've been using my Ravenwing dudes as the auxiliary element of my Lions blade detachments but as 3rd company grows the points cost of 2nd company pitching in to support is getting harder to squeeze in to the 1500pts games that seem to be the norm in my area. So I've looked to 10th company to muster a cheaper alternative.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/001_8.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/002_7.jpg

no doubt the hoody heads are a common swap out, but I've not seen it done before (it is so easy and to do that I'll be gobsmacked if none else has done it though). 

And only 2 photos I'm now the soul of brevity.

I hope you like as ever and C&C welcome.

I have a squad of scouts in the painting line.  I was wondering how to paint them until now.  Man, those cloaks look awesome!  As for the rest of the squad... all killer and no filler!!  Keep up the great work!

Fantastic Unforgiven on display here! Makes want to stop my current work and pull out my unfinished DA successor guys. Great looking force.

I hope I can get to where I can do two levels of highlights like you have on display. Great work.

I have a squad of scouts in the painting line.  I was wondering how to paint them until now.  Man, those cloaks look awesome!  As for the rest of the squad... all killer and no filler!!  Keep up the great work!

Cool I look forwards to seeing those scouts! Thank you for the comments, I'm touched and humbled that you want to replicate the cloaks on your Guardians. 

Fantastic Unforgiven on display here! Makes want to stop my current work and pull out my unfinished DA successor guys. Great looking force.

I hope I can get to where I can do two levels of highlights like you have on display. Great work.

Damn straight you should drop everything and get back to the rock:wink: The long hunt needs all the bodies it can get! I look forwards to seeing some of your successor marines and soon I hope. 

Nice Scouts. True to themselves being nicely camouflaged with their bases too.

Cheers

I

Thank you the bases are sort of place holders for now I intend to go back to them and put some scrub grass and rocks on at a later date but they should still be pretty stealthy I hope.

Will steal your idea for my own scouts :smile.:

Wow I'd be pleased as punch to think I've inspired you. Please do steal away! As I said I expect that a fair few people have had the idea to swap the heads over for hoods its just not a thing I have seen before. I used the hood head that comes on the Raven wing sprue, the Wood elf wild wood rangers heads work well too but I have other plans for the spare ones of those that I have laying about. 

• 2 weeks later...

Having just spent a while reading through the various posts it seems every one here abouts has had a good Christmas. I'm sure there will be an explosion of cool new things in the new year. Till then I've been plugging away in between my real life commitments. Now 3rd company already has a Company master but I've decided to do another one. This isn't out of complete perversity but to provide options, by giving him a jump pack. As there is only 1 jump pack captain model avaliable and he hasnt got the weapon  choices that I would choose to give my ccompany master I kit bashed mine up using bits from the vanguard vets, assault squad, D.A. Vets and (I think) the devastators..

Any how here he is:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/2016.jpg

As ever C&C welcome.

Now that is how a jump CM should look like! Or at least mine... But with the metallic power armour but that is a different thread.

Great reds, nice highlights and those angry eyes... You've got mad painting skills!

I had to run out of Likes, didn't I :sad.:? Well, I guess a comment is better, anyway. He looks...suitably pissed off.

You must tell us how you paint your skin, Brother. I'm likely to steal the recipe and produce it elsewhere. You have been warned.

Have you thought about painting some stubble on his face?

Gosh thank you all.

Now that is how a jump CM should look like! Or at least mine... But with the metallic power armour but that is a different thread.

Great reds, nice highlights and those angry eyes... You've got mad painting skills!

Thank you very much. I'd love to see you do a jump company master! If he turns out half as well as your libby he'll be ace! The reds are really very simple just mechrite red, agrax earthshade, evil suns scarlet and wild rider red.

Stunning.

Wow from the keeper of the dark fortress I'm going to take that as high praise, Thanks.

1st rate. what colours did you use to hi-light the black

Cheers, I used Dark reaper followed by fenrisian grey, I thinned the fenrisian with medium and put about 3 coats on gradually building up the layers.

He looks great!

Nice to hear, thanks for checking in.

His expression makes him look like he is off to kick some serious xenos behind! Me likey. I also really like the scrolling on the storm bolter and think I will be stealing that soon. Good work dude.

Yes bruised buttocks for all Xenos scum! Even if he will mostly be matched up against Iron hands and Ad Mech:sad.: I'm glad some one noticed the scroll work on the bolter, I plan to run it as foe smiter so wanted it to look a bit "master crafted" please do steal way! 

I had to run out of Likes, didn't I :sad.:? Well, I guess a comment is better, anyway. He looks...suitably pissed off.

You must tell us how you paint your skin, Brother. I'm likely to steal the recipe and produce it elsewhere. You have been warned.

Have you thought about painting some stubble on his face?

A comment better? Yes absolutely! I'm so happy that I managed to get the righteous rage look off. The first iteration of Master Jaxos had a helmet, a much more sensible way to dress for battle but he just looked well a bit calm!  

OK so skin I use a different recipe every time in an effort to have a variety of skin tones for this guy I used a base of Rakarth fleash, wash of reikland flesh shade, thin layer of kislevite flesh wash of reikland flesh, layer of flayed one flesh, thinned wash (more of a glaze) of ogryn flesh, wash of 50/50 agrax earthshade reikland flash thinned down and applied just to the eye sockets and mouth then paint orbs of eyes black, dot in whites with pallid wych and finally screaming skull for the teeth. Feel free to steal but sadly ogrny flesh is OOP:sad.:

Finally I hadn't though about stubble, could look cool though... I'll get back to you on that one.    

Is it too late to add a scope/sight to the top of your Master Crafted SB for another little, quick, 'foe smiter' upgrade?

No its not too late but I cant find a way of mounting any of the sights that I have in a way that doesn't look a bit off. I'm keeping it in mind though thanks for the suggestion.

Punk possum:

Your new company master is epic! I too appreciate the scrolling on the storm bolter; it's so simple, yet effective. Your flesh painting is outstanding.

Thanks for sharing.

Thanks for checking in, I feel that my flesh painting has improved a lot recently largely thanks to a tip for Brother Stobz about never ending on a highlight.

So its a new year and I've just finished a new combat squad.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/001_9.jpg

Whilst putting the christmas decorations away in the loft i re discovered this:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/002_8.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/003_3.jpg

9 out of the 15 are still in there in pristine condition, it seems that I have been hording piles of models that I never quite get round too for some many years, there is an RTB1 torso, back pack and scanner thingy in there too that I had totally forgotten about! along with some elderly eldar.

The back of the box is kinda interesting as a historical document, Deathwing in power armour... Oh those were the days:biggrin.:

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/004_3.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/005_2.jpg

Well i hope you enjoyed the trip down memory lane and that you like the latest squad, as ever C&C welcome.

Edited by Punk possum