Possum's unforgiven, Back in Black...

Punk possum

Absolutely stunning army mate! :thumbsup:  I've just exhausted my quota of likes for today reading through the whole thread. As others have also said, I particularly like the way you've kept the red helmet stripe. I've always loved the Rogue Trader DA paint scheme so your army is making me very nostalgic.

As a fellow citadel hoarder, it's really cool to see that old Space Marine Strike Force again (most of my stash is Second Edition rather than Rogue Trader). If you're going to add them to your army, you might find they're a slightly smaller scale than the current models. If that's an issue, you could try building up the bases with cork board or something similar to disguise the difference.

Keep up the good work mate! :thumbsup:

Hello brothers of the Rock. I logged in to find a ton of notifications waiting for me! Thank you to every one for the likes and comments. I'm humbled and pleased by the reaction to my toy soldiers. You are all amazing and really helping to keep my enthusiasm for this project up. Thanks again.   

I don't know how I've missed your thread up until now. Stunning paint jobs Punk Possom! Crisp highlights on the black, and what a vibrant red you've achieved. I'll be sure to follow now.

And I'm not going to lie, a little jealous of the old school metals. Somehow I lost my box when I moved out of my parents place years ago. Oh the good old days...

Well welcome aboard! Thank you for the kind words. I love the quality of the new castings but my goodness nothing beats the warm fuzzy feeling that I get from looking back through my stash of old school goodies that I've managed to amass in 28ish years of refusing to grow up:smile.:

Wow, Old school stuff a-comin'. Excellent!

Well to be honest there is another new school combeat squad to come first. But I'm planning to sneak a few in as the Bolter wielding element of my devastator squad. As for the others, well no plans yet but I've always fancied doing some old old school cammoed up RT style marines... 

I still have a squad of metal Mk 7 marines that feature in my army and a squad of RTB01 marines who only need a re-paint...

Ah, memories...

I've still got a few RTB01's knocking around I had a bit of a browse around Ebay looking for some more and was horrifiyed to see how much they go for now! I personally wreaked a small fortunes worth with my early dip and splatter painting, and as for the land raiders my friend and I shot to bits with an air rifle :wallbash:

Strange to think now isn't it that the Deathwing once wore power armour.

How the lore has changed :dry.:

Yep who said the imperium was a hide bound moribund organisation? I tells ya they change like quick silver :teehee:

Absolutely stunning army mate! :thumbsup:  I've just exhausted my quota of likes for today reading through the whole thread. As others have also said, I particularly like the way you've kept the red helmet stripe. I've always loved the Rogue Trader DA paint scheme so your army is making me very nostalgic.

As a fellow citadel hoarder, it's really cool to see that old Space Marine Strike Force again (most of my stash is Second Edition rather than Rogue Trader). If you're going to add them to your army, you might find they're a slightly smaller scale than the current models. If that's an issue, you could try building up the bases with cork board or something similar to disguise the difference.

Keep up the good work mate! :thumbsup:

Thanks for all the likes! I realize that I'm showing my age unashamedly with the choice of black armour and red stripe but that's just the way the 1st are meant to look for me:cool.: I still remember my confusion when the first green DA appeared in White Dwarf all those years ago and how I then when home and slapped another frighteningly thick layer of paint on to my Dark angels to turn them all in to green blobs:unsure.: I think I still have some of my metal deathwing around somewhere...

Thanks for the tip on the cork board it'll let me put them on 32mm bases like all the others too. 

• 5 weeks later...

Greetings Brothers,

Oh my its been almost a month since my last update, it would seem I'm becoming a real slacker...

Still I have finished another combat squad.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/001_10.jpg

That means 3rd Tactical squad is complete.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/002_9.jpg

I've still got the Command Squad todo (when I get hold of enough grav guns:wink: ), 5 more jumpers 5 meat shield bolter guys for the Devastators, a Vets Squad and a bunch of transports and then I'll be half way to finishing 3rd company.

In the mean time thanks for checking in C&C always welcome.

I absolutely love what you did with emm... loincloth ? Great work.

Thanks I was going with the idea that the loin cloth was a a page of illuminated text, maybe one of the initiate stories that the chapter use to inspire and instill a zealous drive to right wrongs and seek out enemies no matter what. 

Excellent work mate, your painting in general and highlights in particular are just so crisp. I'm actually quite envious :smile.: Still loving the rogue trader scheme as well. Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much, I'm feeling the need to make an effort with the modelling on my vets and command squad having seen the band of heroes and bad-ass' you have put together for you sword bearers! 

Lookin' awesome Punk! Your free hand and attention to detail are superb. As mention above, that loincloth and in particular the faded red sword... Just perfect.

And I keep getting drawn in to the orange lenses/ red stripe.

Lookin' awesome Punk! Your free hand and attention to detail are superb. As mention above, that loincloth and in particular the faded red sword... Just perfect.

And I keep getting drawn in to the orange lenses/ red stripe.

Thank you very much, I'm glad you like the eyes rd or green just didnt seem to work right for them.

So I'm off to meet up with the group of friends that I've been gaming with since err well 30years!

I'm going to be facing a foul alliance of Noble blood angels who have some how stooped so low as to align themselves with the xenos pointey ear's. I will have the assistance of my friends Imperial knights it should be interesting. We've set the points at 4K just to make sure we ignore our long suffering wives all weekend :biggrin.: 

Here my contribution to the cause, organised into 3 detachments.

1st up my Angels of Vengeance demi company in a lions blade strike force.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/001_11.jpg

Then perhaps there is a fallen lurking in the midst of the Sons of Baal that might explain their own fall to consorting with the effeminate craftworld Xenos? So Sammael has brought a cadre of his finest hunters to lend a hand

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/003_4.jpg

And finally the Rock has dispatched chaplain Seraphicus with a combined arms detachment to make sure news of this doesn't get out.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/002_10.jpg

This force represents my entire painted Dark Angel collection (with my ancient Rhino that used to belong to my squats) as it stands. 

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome!!! A really well painted force (or three :wink: )

More please :yes:

:biggrin.:

BS

Thanks. 

Now thanks to well a whole bunch of stuff really I've made you wait a lot longer than I would like for more but I've finally managed to get a bit more done.

The last 5 jump marines are done bringing 7th squad up to full strength.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/001_12.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/002_11.jpg

This means that I'm 51 infantry 1 dread and 1 rhino done with 66 infantry, 2 dreads and rhinos to 10 go till 3rd company is fully recruited... guess I'd better get cracking then. 

You know, every time I see this Rogue Trader colour scheme, I like it more and more. I think I may have to add a small allied contingent to my Sword Bearers. The Beakies look particularly cool with the red helmet stripe.

Awesome work as always mate, you should be really proud of this army :thumbsup:

Cheers mate, I'd love to see your take on the RT scheme alongside your sword bearers, and yep MK6 beakies are cool as is but add a stripe and well thats just sub zero :cool.:

I am very proud of this army although its getting a lot less popular at my club as it seems to be winning a lot more than it has any right to...

Greetings brothers.

So after my slacker like existance of late I thought I'd better knuckle down and get something else done!

Having reviewed my demi company as it stands I realized that its transports that I'm furthest behind on so I did this

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/004_4.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/002_12.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/003_5.jpg

I hope you all approve.

I approve!

Great work "Slacker" ;) from another slacker that has nearly finished one more RW dude in over a month :devil:

I really like the screens and writing on the front plate, nice control. put a blob of black into the barrels of the storm bolter though, they look unfinished, sorry, just being picky 'cause it's otherwise excellent.

stobz

I approve!

Great work "Slacker" :wink: from another slacker that has nearly finished one more RW dude in over a month :devil:

I really like the screens and writing on the front plate, nice control. put a blob of black into the barrels of the storm bolter though, they look unfinished, sorry, just being picky 'cause it's otherwise excellent.

stobz

Cheers. 

I think you get let off the slacker tag now that your big beautiful bird is done and that one Raven wing dude is frikking sweet so well worth the wait! I have now corrected the storm bolter, I'll not bore everyone with another picture but it is done honest!

On wards and upwards as they say I got a (hard earned) bonus from work, so went out and did the only decent thing and splooged it all on toy soldiers:smile.: 

I'm now the proud owner of the space marine demi company box and I also picked up an interrogator chaplain, some DA vets and a command Squad box. I should really have bought all the Rhino/Razor backs and drop pods but well I like having lots of sprues to play with...

I'm planning on having a relic bannered up Command squad all toting grav guns in a pod, I'll probably only use it against those that deserve a bit of cheese in the face but it got me thinking about relic banners and how is seemed a bit wrong to have such a revered colour being carried into battle by "jimmy mckspod" the regular power armour guy sooo,

I did this to the interrogator chaplain.

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/Dark%20angels/001_13.jpg

I've had the idea kicking around for this conversion for some time now What do you all think?

• 2 weeks later...

Really nice force you've got here, I'm also liking the stripe on the Corvus helmets.

The banner bearer looks good too - nice kitbash!

Thank you it seems that everyone loves a stripy beakie:smile.:  Thanks for the comment on the sacred standard bearer there will be more of him soonish...

Wowwww!!!

Realy impressive army!

Your scout are just...excellent!

Gooood job for standard bearer.

Thank you very much as I've said before I'm really proud of this army and its always nice to know that other people like it too. You have picked out one of my personal favorite units I'm still secretly quite smug and self satisfied with my self for using the raven wing upgrade hoods on them.:wink:  I just hope that the paint for my standard bearer matches my vision as well as the putting him together did... 

He looks mean and beefy, nice conversion! Can't wait to see this guy painted up

Thanks, I do think that the sacred standard should be carried into the flames of battle by someone who is a cut above the rest.

I've not started with the standard bearer yet but I've primed my cheese cannon and started on the rest of his squad, now this lot is intended to exploit the relentless aspect of the sacred standard and as such wont see too much action as I'll mostly only use them against those that deserve a bit of cheese mongering (wraith knights and castled up multi riptide Tau I'm looking at you).

An hoo on to the pretty pictures

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/334.jpg

http://i23.photobucket.com/albums/b355/tasciovanous/333.jpg

No doubt you have noticed my calligraphy fail on the grav gun, I'm not sure I have the heart to go back over it just yet but what do you guys think is it too glaring?

I've also departed a bit from my normal black by using Dark reaper as the mid tone to give the armour a more glossy blue black look has it worked?

There will be two more vets with storm sheilds and grav guns (but I'm waiting on a FW bording upgrade pack for the S.S's) and of course my Standard bearer to round this squad out.

I hope to get some time in on the standard tomorrow so with a bit of luck and a following wind there maybe more soon till then C&C very welcome.

Seeing pics of models at much larger than actual size tends to make shading/highlighting look a bit heavy handed, but when viewing models at closer to actual size...

http://i40.photobucket.com/albums/e245/btmcrae/act-size.jpg

...well, that's a thing of beauty. Very nice! :cool.: