New chaplain model

Jorre

At least you're consistent biggrin.png

Excuse me while I'm consistently hard to please with one model that costs the same amount as what it would to buy a set that would yield five better looking kitbashes (Sanguinary Guard for GBP 20,50, at SRP) while miraculously managing to look uglier.

That's a new kind of low even for GW.

I'm just scratching my head and looking at you people gushing over this release, seriously, what's the catch? What is it that you like about it that is not available in the Sanguinary Guard box?

I won't even talk about Karlean for GBP 20. He was the worst model in the Deathstorm box and now he costs almost one third of what that whole box costs, with all the things like rulebook and campaign rules and whatnot to boot. It's like GW are not even trying to be subtle with their trolling, they are straight up rubbing it in our faces. "You hated that model? Nice, now we will sell it to you as your generic Captain for twice what it costs on the internet. Deal with it."

Whether you like the model or not is a matter of taste. Personally I think the new Chaplain is the dog's nuts, although I'm with you on Karlean and his weird dancing pose.

The price is a bit much... I wonder if it's because these single model plastic sprues are quite expensive to make versus how many they sell. So they rely on them being cool enough that enough people will buy them - which, judging by the amount of positive feedback in this thread compared to negative, is quite a few!

The price is absurd, $56 here in Australia. Having said that, supposedly the prices that were listed were published in the visions magazine pictured before they reduced them for betrayal at calth and if that's the case for the boxed set, we can only hope that the individual minis will also have been given a similar price reduction. At the moment the average "premium" individual character mini is $39 here in aus. So a price jump of $17 would be crazy even for GW standards, so I am cautiously optimistic. Having said that I know what I am like and will buy it either way, it is totally a matter of personal taste and I love the model.

Excuse me while I'm consistently hard to please with one model that costs the same amount as what it would to buy a set that would yield five better looking kitbashes (Sanguinary Guard for GBP 20,50, at SRP) while miraculously managing to look uglier.

I'm just scratching my head and looking at you people gushing over this release, seriously, what's the catch? What is it that you like about it that is not available in the Sanguinary Guard box?

I won't even talk about Karlean for GBP 20. He was the worst model in the Deathstorm box and now he costs almost one third of what that whole box costs, with all the things like rulebook and campaign rules and whatnot to boot. It's like GW are not even trying to be subtle with their trolling, they are straight up rubbing it in our faces. "You hated that model? Nice, now we will sell it to you as your generic Captain for twice what it costs on the internet. Deal with it."

I think pretty much everyone will agree with you on the price, but that's not what you were originally complaining about ;)

Looks terrible imo. Basically a SG kitbash with tac squad wings on the jp and a skull helm that makes me hope the kit has a bare head alt as well as the ugliest crozius in history. Thats Lemartes levels of terrible. Stop trolling BA GW.

We all know of your love for the older stuff so it comes as no surprise that you're not impressed here :) Then you go on to exaggerate by putting it a rung below the original lemartes. Hence my comment about you being consistent. Really, it's all tongue in cheek :)

Whilst the price is steep (I'm hoping it is a misprint) I understand the higher cost of individual models in that GW are going to sell less of them, so there's going to be a higher price point to ensure they meet the cost of producing the model (producing in design and physical production).

EDC

I really like the sharpness of the model. The subtle hint between light and darkness via the vampiric artificer armor that transitions into the standard angel's clean controlled artificer armor. A mind that has yet to succumb to the black rage, but is always fighting it, and at any moment it can happen. I also like the sharper swooping hawk like wings. They give a more profound menacing thrust compared to the free floating wings in the Sanguinary Guard box. The croxius just feels right, a sharper blade like that versus the more hammer style really fits the ascetics for my Vermillion Tears successor chapter. It is a clean, menacing looking model, that will almost certainly have a head swap or a DIY one. The current helmet does it for me though; the neck guard as well.

I am extremely excited to get my hands on him.

Compared to the conversions I've seen, which a couple are really minor and awesome; the new chappy still looks better to me.

That Chaplain model is so cool that I almost don't care about the price tag. What however might prevent me from actually painting it, is that I don't feel my painting skills would ever do it justice.

That Chaplain model is so cool that I almost don't care about the price tag. What however might prevent me from actually painting it, is that I don't feel my painting skills would ever do it justice.

Heresy!

Seriously though, if you're worried about that, find someone who's skills you respect and ask them to paint it for you for a few beers or barters or something. I've done that for people on a budget before, but I don't think I'm that great of a painter either. 

I might put the Crozius in his left hand and Valour's Edge in his right to run him with my DC - he can always throw a grenade in the shooting phase...

Can't you holster the pistol so he still has it?

Ranged weapon is switched out for a second melee weapon.

This model in part sparked my re-interest in playing BA's. The helmet is killer, the gorget is baroque and magnificent, and the swooping winged jumper is very stylized and gives the model a fresh and unique look.

I'm on the 'I don't care how much it cost's, I'm buying it" boat. Toot toot.

End of Line

I'm very pleased to see GW pay some attention to the Blood Angels, generally.  My excitement is tempered a little by some of the aesthetics of the miniature.  My vision of the Lamenters (21st Founding successor chapter) doesn't have such a suit of power armor in their armory.  So do I buy and paint a miniature that looks cool but ultimately may be a little too "bling" compared to the rest of my crew?  Admittedly, this is not the worst problem to have, just thinking out loud here.

My vision of the Lamenters (21st Founding successor chapter) doesn't have such a suit of power armor in their armory.  So do I buy and paint a miniature that looks cool but ultimately may be a little too "bling" compared to the rest of my crew?  

Yes. The answer is yes.

Also, First World Problems (the model is too nice)!

Archived