New chaplain model

Jorre

There was a short story that fleshed out the Necron and BA alliance, the silent king wears a mask identical to dante and apparently has first had experience with sanguinius (I really hope that somehow gets explained) it was that reason that dante agreed to the alliance... He wanted to know more about it (tycho disagreed as did sergeant machiavi)

The mask if the image of Sanguinius.

Also, that story, if I'm not mistaken, was written before this last codex. The last codex does not have that event listed in it at all, the alliance being retconned to the Shield of Baal campaign.

And one of the reasons they didn't fight the 'crons afterwards is because the 'crons were basically completely unscathed, but the rest of the Imperial Forces were battered to a pulp from the war.

New White Dwarf leaks are out. Mont´ka will include rules for Adeptus Mechanikus and Astra Militarum beside some more Tau Formations.

So no Blood Angels Demi good Stuff for this Time. :/

http://i1.wp.com/waaaghgaming.de/wordpress.waaaghgaming/wordpress_live_6Fu8/wp-content/uploads/games_workshop_warhammer_40k_war_zone_damocles_mont_ka_limited_edition.jpg

http://i0.wp.com/waaaghgaming.de/wordpress.waaaghgaming/wordpress_live_6Fu8/wp-content/uploads/games_workshop_warhammer_40k_war_zone_damocles_mont_ka.jpg

While a demi and it's wonderful bonuses would be appreciated, I don't think I actually want to buy more Tacs and transports.

Well have flexible army building as is I think. Our core rules are just a little weak, as are our formations expensive.

While a demi and it's wonderful bonuses would be appreciated, I don't think I actually want to buy more Tacs and transports.

Well have flexible army building as is I think. Our core rules are just a little weak, as are our formations expensive.

Personally, I really wouldn't mind a good excuse to expand and field the four tactical squads I already have though that would probably mean I'd have to buy quite a few new drop pods (I hate Rhinos).

If anyone's interested, the new Chaplain model and other BA related stuff is up on the GW website.

http://www.games-workshop.com/de-DE/Blood-Angels-Chaplain-with-Jump-Pack

I think I like the model. The normal leg looks bloody tops, even if a bit chaos-y. Once you fix the IP arm and perhaps the foot(oh and for me, the entire left half), you get a very dynamic and fitting model for the Blood Angels. It's good to see that GW have finally given Marines legs that look more in proportion to the rest of the body(or everyone's been ordered to not skip legday anymore).

The painjob is remarkable in my opinion, just putting that out there. Compared with some pj's in our codex, this one sets a new standard. Could use some white here and there.

Not sure about the wings, though. They obviously look better than the SG ones, but I wonder if I like the idea of having *actual* wings on chaplains in general, Astro being the exception here. Don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think Chaplains should look less like birds, and more like death. Transporting this miniature will be surely annoying. Perhaps a double-turbined jump-pack will look good on this one also.

As always, their pricing is absolutely bonkers.

Snorri

Edit: I just noticed they gave him a belly-button...who's still complaining about nipples?rolleyes.gif

The price is a real worry and undoubtedly a sign of things to come... A jump from $29 aus to $56 for a single jump pack chaplain is just obscene. I can get a full ten man BA tac squad for less from my flgs. I just don't know how they can justify it... Even if it is more expensive to cast single plastic minis.. Obviously I'm still gonna buy it because it's such a great model, and maybe that's the problem, we will still pay the absurd prices because we are hopelessly addicted to awesome minis.

They don't cast single minis. Each component will be cast in trays at a rate of thousands and thousands. It will be individual until it leaves the computer screen. After that moulds will be mass produced and the miniatures / parts will be mass produced squared.

Still buying it though.

F.U GW!

As said on the previous page. I've started to cool on a few details and for that price it needs to be 10/10 for me to buy it. It's not, so I won't. I'd probably hesitate even were it a perfect model because that really is too much. It will only get worse if we keep rewarding them.

I've thrown myself wholeheartedly into making my own JP Chappy now (another one) instead, frankly I prefer how mine's shaping up (not to sound arrogant...). Plus it'll be unique and mine.

They don't cast single minis. Each component will be cast in trays at a rate of thousands and thousands. It will be individual until it leaves the computer screen. After that moulds will be mass produced and the miniatures / parts will be mass produced squared.

Still buying it though.

F.U GW!

Not quite... They're cast up as a sprue. If it were cast component by component then the contents would come loose in a little baggy.

Nothing to do with the model itself, or how it's cast. It's the demand. They're expensive because almost no one buys more than one, and not everyone will buy one at all.

Whereas most Blood Angels players will own at least one Tactical Squad, many will buy 2-3, some will be building a whole company and end up with maybe 7-8 (including Angeling up the Devastators), and there'll be at least a handful of lunatics out there building the entire Chapter. They recoup their investment so much faster.

Personally, i like the Half-vampire/Half angels style of the mini. And it will be one of my future buying order, but, indeed, as it was said, i will be like many, and only buy one.

Futhermore, i must add something that wasn't said, and it is the questionnable release schedule....yes, after all, why release the chaplain (a new one) and the captain (don't care about this one^^), when there is no Blood Angels codex/supplement/campaign to be release alongside ?....

I mean, the chaplain and the captain should have been released with something, not like that, alone.....it strange of GW to do such commercial non-sense.

I wonder what they will "find" for the new Blood Angels codex ? (I hope Flyers and Speeders....), but this models would had a better publicity if launched alongside a codex, not one year after the Shield of Baal supplement....like the Strike Force Cryptus....one year after...logic...

This whole Blood Angels release, coming from no where, for no reason, is something really strange and disturbing.....i don't really know what to think about it.

(Are we seeing a Shield Of Baal 2 alongside the Tyranids and IG Q1 releases ?....i don't know....a Blood Angels 7th (8th^^) edition in Q1-Q2 ?....really really strange....)

Ugh, AU$56... keep it. Too steep for a single non-vehicle model. Especially one that I only really like half of. If it didn't have the muscle armour on the left side I'd probably buy it anyway. But it does, so Im not going to.

I am also super glad I got my Karlaen off ebay for AU$20, instead of the AU$56 they want for him now.

The price is a real worry and undoubtedly a sign of things to come... A jump from $29 aus to $56 for a single jump pack chaplain is just obscene. I can get a full ten man BA tac squad for less from my flgs. I just don't know how they can justify it... Even if it is more expensive to cast single plastic minis.. Obviously I'm still gonna buy it because it's such a great model, and maybe that's the problem, we will still pay the absurd prices because we are hopelessly addicted to awesome minis.

That is the problem. GW charges these prices because they know we lack the self control to represent our best interests in the matter.

Personally, i like the Half-vampire/Half angels style of the mini. And it will be one of my future buying order, but, indeed, as it was said, i will be like many, and only buy one.

Futhermore, i must add something that wasn't said, and it is the questionnable release schedule....yes, after all, why release the chaplain (a new one) and the captain (don't care about this one^^), when there is no Blood Angels codex/supplement/campaign to be release alongside ?....

I mean, the chaplain and the captain should have been released with something, not like that, alone.....it strange of GW to do such commercial non-sense.

I wonder what they will "find" for the new Blood Angels codex ? (I hope Flyers and Speeders....), but this models would had a better publicity if launched alongside a codex, not one year after the Shield of Baal supplement....like the Strike Force Cryptus....one year after...logic...

This whole Blood Angels release, coming from no where, for no reason, is something really strange and disturbing.....i don't really know what to think about it.

(Are we seeing a Shield Of Baal 2 alongside the Tyranids and IG Q1 releases ?....i don't know....a Blood Angels 7th (8th^^) edition in Q1-Q2 ?....really really strange....)

Obviously, GW had a hole in its release schedule and dropped these in. The Chaplain has probably been available to GW since the BA codex or early. There are any number of reasons a company would withhold a release to a later date. For instance, the Eldar jetbikes were held back for years before release.

Not sure about the wings, though. They obviously look better than the SG ones, but I wonder if I like the idea of having *actual* wings on chaplains in general, Astro being the exception here. Don't know, maybe it's just me, but I think Chaplains should look less like birds, and more like death. Transporting this miniature will be surely annoying. Perhaps a double-turbined jump-pack will look good on this one also.

As always, their pricing is absolutely bonkers.

Snorri

Pricing is indeed bonkers, but its GW.

As far as the wings, well, we are the Angels of Death after all. Hell, even the standard "Grim Reaper" in pop culture sometimes has wings.

...the questionnable release schedule....yes, after all, why release the chaplain (a new one) and the captain (don't care about this one^^), when there is no Blood Angels codex/supplement/campaign to be release alongside ?....

People whine and moan when their armies dont see a release for years.

People moan when GW releases stuff for the army outside the codex cycle.

GW can't win, really.

It makes perfect sense for GW to drip feed models. It's why they dont release all new models for a codex at the same time.

Last year, GW had to bleed us for:

Codex, exterminatus, priest, tac squad, terminators, 32mm bases, or about £160quid worth of stuff.

If you have limted weekly funds, you cannot buy everything.

Releasing separately ensures BA players are eager for a new model, and probably have some spare BA money to pick up the model with.

I'd probably have released them before Calth, though. 

I was all set to get one, but then.... God damn. $66? Holy :cuss, guys. I could get the Forgeworld "legion praetors" pack and pay shipping from the UK and still that would be cheaper than the chaplain. That's only a little more than the Foregworld Severin Loth kit, and that comes with the man himself and his entire crew. Sorry, but no. Nope nope nope nope nope. I'll wait until I can get one used. That's just too damn much for a single model. It's beautiful, but I don't have that kind of cash to burn.

EDIT: Wait, I was in the Australia view. $33 is a lot more reasonable.

Archived