HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

The Mastadon rules are super disappointing.  The bunker rule we heard about previously only happens on an effective 5+, and all you get is a ruined building, which doesn't strike me as that much of an upgrade over a the usual crater.  Plus you still take hits on units inside and lose the usual victory points.  The weapon loadout isn't much better than a Spartan, which you can get two of for the price of this monstrosity.  Two Spartans transport more models, cover more ground, have similar firepower, have better defenses (I'd much rather have a flare shield than a void shield), and have the same number of hull points spread over two separate targets.

I'd be very nervous assaulting out of the front of one of these things within melta range of a target.

Yeah, I am not really feeling these latest legion rules. Haven't seen the ROWs yet, but considering the stuff that got put out in book 2, 3, and 4 its a bit like this high quality FW predator tank:

http://i.imgur.com/tz09qqH.jpg

Hopefully the legion units and ROWs make up for it.

I think my major gripe with the Blood Angel Rite of War is the pile of Tactical marines, Seekers and Destroyers i just finished who are better off using the generic legion rules...

On the bright side, destroyers will be wounding other marines on 2s the turn they charge! Makes them way more useful than in other legions

Any body have any info on changes the Alpha Legion Headhunters? The new RoW is focused on them and I would like to find out if they still suck

That would be my main question too. Otherwise, that RoW would suck. Ironfire is absolutely fluffy, but seems extremely powerful with reduced/removed scatter.

You could also have used some common sense when thinking about the particular legion involved :p you know they are assault based and that rites of wars are mostly about creating a theme for your army.i don't know what you expected with your half death guard/alpha legion faff

I think my major gripe with the Blood Angel Rite of War is the pile of Tactical marines, Seekers and Destroyers i just finished who are better off using the generic legion rules...

On the bright side, destroyers will be wounding other marines on 2s the turn they charge! Makes them way more useful than in other legions

I didnt think they had HTH weapons, only pistols? So no effect :(

I didnt think they had HTH weapons, only pistols? So no effect sad.png

Destroyers have Chainswords and 2 BPs, iirc

You could also have used some common sense when thinking about the particular legion involved tongue.png you know they are assault based and that rites of wars are mostly about creating a theme for your army.i don't know what you expected with your half death guard/alpha legion faff

I expected something like the other Legion Rules?

*Edit*

IE Not the one dimensional crap that typified 3rd ed...

In fact its in my signature, its a drop company, which needs firepower.

In what sense? The rules give you a boost over other legions in terms of assault, it's what you could have expected from blood angels. Their rules aren't any less expansive than the dark angels, the theme you chose for your army is just relatively counter intuitive given your choice of legion

Justaerin Termi update:

12674655_185971508430923_893091634_n.jpg

I cant work out if the plus additional 7 Justaerin is a misprint or not...

Yeah I've been thinking the same thing. In the meantime you can fill up a spartan with 12 plus a non terminator character!

DA destroyers will hit in cc on 3+, wound on 3+ (first round), and if they can take stasis shells will strike first (first round) smile.png

Archived