HH Weekender 2016 thread (Titan Secutarii pg. 56)

Atia

Could someone please do the mathhammer of a dance between a charging BA Praetor with Blade of Perdition vs Sigismund? Because my instincts are that a mere Praetor kills Siggy without taking a scratch and I hear such opinions elsewhere. Which is ridiculously STUPIDLY op. And it's not like it's the only AP2 @ Initiative weapon now.

my red book says thet they cannot benefit from special rules of rites of war, characthers and anithing outside themselves, but doesn't say nothing about legiones astartes, and in the centurion description it says that he has the legiones astartes special rule

It;s in the FAQ

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - uncon
Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - uncon

FW has been rushing too much now we have to keep track of incessant updates, new book and FAQs wacko.png

They make something over or under powered and then they have to fix it afterwards, GW doesn't seem to have this problem

FW has been rushing too much now we have to keep track of incessant updates, new book and FAQs wacko.png

They make something over or under powered and then they have to fix it afterwards, GW doesn't seem to have this problem

Yeah... GW just doesn't bother fixing it.

FW has been rushing too much now we have to keep track of incessant updates, new book and FAQs :wacko:

I hope this was sarcasm.

Man, I dont even know how I can disagree with this harder. Where is the '100% disagree' button.

Man, I dont even know how I can disagree with this harder. Where is the '100% disagree' button.

Don't fall for the bait it's not worth it

As to the whole Day1 in general (I passed the hell out at ~8Am My time) pretty damn pleased. I couldve done without another Phalanx Warder RoW but, whatever, it can be pretty silly when you stack those 12" Blind Bubbles.

Dorn losing Unwieldy on Non-UberSmash Attacks: Awesome sauce.

New LA Rules: They're fine.

New RoWs: My Prayers have been answered with "Dreadhead" AND it requires a Primus Medicae. I'm taking it as a sign. tongue.png

Looks like we're now getting Cataphractii Pads thanks to Plastic Cataphractii. Cool! Now we need Tartaros Pads tongue.png

New Knight: Looks like Neutron Lasers. Looks cool.

Contemptor-Cortus from Heresy30k from @Mortarion24:

Contemptor cortus dreads elite

Like a contemptor that can overharge to either

-gain rage

-+1 move and charge

-+2 run

-+1 init

But at end of turn roll d6. on1 suffers hull point which if last one explodes.

Also can never score and must sweep

Could someone please do the mathhammer of a dance between a charging BA Praetor with Blade of Perdition vs Sigismund? Because my instincts are that a mere Praetor kills Siggy without taking a scratch and I hear such opinions elsewhere. Which is ridiculously STUPIDLY op. And it's not like it's the only AP2 @ Initiative weapon now.

Sigismund crushes him in a single round with ID. The Praetor swings 6 times, hits 3 times, wounds 1.5 times, .5 of which is doubled so 2 wounds total and then Sigismund gets his 4++ so he's most likely only taking 1 wound. I don't get the hype about the Perdition Blade its no better than the Paragon Blade just cheaper. I'd rather have the Photonic Blade from Book 4.

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - done with this
Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - done with this

The pistols are OK but hand flamers really aren't great

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end. Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

Forgeworld? -Ahem- Forgeworld?

If they don't fix this the will be no reason in taking primarchs, you could even take the phase walker for extra OP

At least now I won't be guilted about playing 'Iron Hands, the Over-Powered Army' laugh.png

The exact wording of the hand flamer rule is: "Any model with the Legiones Astartes (Blood Angels) special rule with access to a volkite serpenta as part of their Wargear options may instead take a hand flamer for +15 points."

IIRC a Moritat cannot benefit from their legiones astartes rules, I could be completely wrong however (don't have the red books yet). So if someone who does have the red books could clarify this, that'd be just great.

Nope, you are correct smile.png

Why on earth do people keep letting people post this? Mortitat's can't benefit from RoW...there is nothing saying they do not benefit from their Legion rules.

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - so so done
Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - so so done

Until you consider that - until fixed - on a moritat, these flamers will generate an infinite amounts of hits as they can never miss, and thus chain-fire can never end. Any squad or even primarch at under t7 will be killed instantaneously without the roll of a dice.

If they don't fix this the will be no reason in taking primarchs, you could even take the phase walker for extra OP

At least now I won't be guilted about playing 'Iron Hands, the Over-Powered Army' laugh.png

The exact wording of the hand flamer rule is: "Any model with the Legiones Astartes (Blood Angels) special rule with access to a volkite serpenta as part of their Wargear options may instead take a hand flamer for +15 points."

IIRC a Moritat cannot benefit from their legiones astartes rules, I could be completely wrong however (don't have the red books yet). So if someone who does have the red books could clarify this, that'd be just great.

Why on earth do people keep letting people post this? Mortitat's can't benefit from RoW...there is nothing saying they do not benefit from their Legion rules.

according to some people there was a FAQ saying this I've emailed FW let's see what they say

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - nope
Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - nope

Sigismund crushes him in a single round with ID. The Praetor swings 6 times, hits 3 times, wounds 1.5 times, .5 of which is doubled so 2 wounds total and then Sigismund gets his 4++ so he's most likely only taking 1 wound. I don't get the hype about the Perdition Blade its no better than the Paragon Blade just cheaper. I'd rather have the Photonic Blade from Book 4.

Did you tke into account that he wounds Sig on 3+ and every wound is doubled before saves? And that you can mastercrft Blade (if it's nor alread). And on charge he will strike first when using RoW?

Did you tke into account that he wounds Sig on 3+ and every wound is doubled before saves? And on charge he will strike first when using RoW?

Did you also take into account the Reverse scenario where Sigismund Charges?

Hmmm heraldor delegatus and a champion would make for fine black shield ideas ☺

Talking about Herald, any news on the "flag" rules Mr. Parker ?

All banners affect Legion Astartes with the appropriate context (I.e. Loyalist, Traitor or Blackshield) within 12" with the following:

Blackshield: gain Fear and +1 Ld to a max of 10

Loyalist: +1 WS to a max of 5

Traitor: +1" to charge and run distances, re-roll to hit rolls of '1' on turns they charge

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - done
Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - done

according to some people there was a FAQ saying this I've emailed FW let's see what they say

There are exactly 2 FAQs...One is from 2013 for the first book and the second is from a few months ago. Neither say anything about about moritats and Legion rules.

Did you tke into account that he wounds Sig on 3+ and every wound is doubled before saves? And on charge he will strike first when using RoW?

And did you take into account that we talk about scenario where BA charges? smile.png That's what KastorKrieg was asking about. BA praetor cannot survive Sigismund's charge obviously.

And did you take into account that we talk about scenario where BA charges? smile.png That's what KastorKrieg was asking about. BA praetor cannot survive Sigismund's charge obviously.
My mistake, the picture I have of it had significant lighting on it so I assumed it was only on to wound rolls of 6. In that case, he hits 3 times, wounds 2 times which becomes 4 and 2 wounds get past Sigismund's save. Sigismund ony has to get 1 wound past the Praetor's save to Instant Kill him. In a charging scenario he hits 3.5 times, wounds 2.3 repeating times, which becomes 4.6 repeating wounds from perdition blade which is 2.3 repeating wounds after invul. Still won't kill him.

Posted · Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - alright, PM time
Hidden by Flint13, February 6, 2016 - alright, PM time

There are exactly 2 FAQs...One is from 2013 for the first book and the second is from a few months ago. Neither say anything about about moritats and Legion rules.

I'm all aout of likes, have this instead:

http://orig12.deviantart.net/7802/f/2013/175/5/2/kharn_approves_by_kain_moerder-d6ajtm5.jpg

I'll post FW answer in the rules section

Archived