Lostrael's Dark Angels

Lostrael

Haha, at first I thought that door was resin... then I read more comments, had another look and realised all of it is freehand. You need to come see the inside of Cell 42, it is a beatiful place... when you have the crafting capabilities of a xenos!

Damn, Lostrael. That's golden deamon standard!

Truly, I don’t know what to say anymore. You keep raising the bar every time you paint, and somehow the next time you surpass that! At first I was blown away by your greens on the rhino (more so than normal), then I noticed the jaw dropping freehand. Then the weathering. Seriously incredible

Thanks all. For some reason I feel always pushed to try out more. :blush.:

Haha, at first I thought that door was resin... then I read more comments, had another look and realised all of it is freehand. You need to come see the inside of Cell 42, it is a beatiful place... when you have the crafting capabilities of a xenos!

Beautiful? I'm not sure what the chaplains have done to you? :tongue.:

So next I have to some terrain. I'm currently looking for some Dark Angel themed stuff.

Scibor has some nice terrain additions which I already used.

Has somebody seen something similar?

• 6 months later...

Seems I have not updated my WIP thread for quite some time.

Finally, I found some time to make some photos from my ETL subjects in my dried out garden.

gallery_86236_11073_504397.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_589947.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_56904.jpggallery_86236_11073_158632.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_132394.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_226803.jpg

gallery_86236_11073_609849.jpg

I feel a bit irresponsible for having these guys run around with flamer and plasma gun. They could start a bush fire. :sweat:

Your models look far too good to sit in a box. But at least if you’re posting here we all get to enjoy them.

I have recently started playing again and it’s really motivating me to paint new units to make may army a little more competitive. I’m still a super slow painter but I’m a motivated slow painter.

Edited by JJD

Quit the day job and start commissions, you'll get filthy rich!

Na, I don't need to be rich, just happy and have enough time and money for my hobbies. :happy.:

Your models look far too good to sit in a box. But at least if you’re posting here we all get to enjoy them.

I have recently started playing again and it’s really motivating me to paint new units to make may army a little more competitive. I’m still a super slow painter but I’m a motivated slow painter.

I still have some hope. My Ex-Space Wolf colleague promised me a match over some weekend, where we match our whole painted armies against each other. I just need to build a big enough gaming table. :ermm:    

Awesome work, Lostrael! Are they done with classic brush work, or that new-fangled airbrush? :-)

Just by brush. I still don't have an airbrush.

Teach me your ways oh Master!