The Horus Heresy: Primarchs series

HaSY

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/81X67MboJPL.jpg

''Launch title in The Horus Heresy: Primarchs series, a brand new sequence of novels from Black Library.

Long before the coming of the Imperium, the realm of Ultramar was ruled by Roboute Guilliman, the last Battle King of Macragge. Even after learning of his true heritage as a primarch son of the Emperor of Mankind, he strove to expand his domain as efficiently and benevolently as possible, with the XIII Legion Ultramarines as his alone to command. Now, facing a rival empire on the ork-held world of Thoas, Guilliman must choose his weapons carefully – otherwise his dream of a brighter future could be lost forever.''

http://www.amazon.com/Roboute-Guilliman-Horus-Heresy-Primarchs/dp/1784964417/ref=sr_1_15?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1457287634&sr=1-15&refinements=p_30%3Agames+workshop%2Cp_20%3AEnglish

Looks pretty cool. Might be some good insight into the yet-unexplored backstories that still need writing.

I wonder if it will encompass every Primarch though? If so, I wonder what more there is to write about the likes of Lorgar and Lion, considering their origins have been pretty heavily described.

I wonder if these are to include "origin" stories? Like what happened to each Primarch on their homeworld prior to being found.

That would be cool...40K but not 40K...if y'know what I mean

I wonder what more there is to write about the likes of Lorgar and Lion, considering their origins have been pretty heavily described.

Early GC...integration of Terran legion

As I've said on another forum, it's got the potential to be cool, but not sure why it's not just part of the main HH line (after all, if people are writing these books they will be some delay in the HH line anyway). I suppose it might be because they might hit Siege of Terra before this line of books is complete.

There are a couple of words used in the blurb that I don't like, because they suggest goodie-two-shoes Guilliman, but i'm going to buy it and not judge it by a paragraph.

I wonder if these are to include "origin" stories? Like what happened to each Primarch on their homeworld prior to being found.

Much as I'd enjoy that, the description (for this book anyway) sounds more like a Space Marine Battles kind of thing, a slice of the primarch's military history. That still has good potential though, I've been wanting more on the legions during the Great Crusade.

I'd like to see a Perturabo entry about Olympia. We skipped that for the most part.

Me too, Olympia feels like a big missed opportunity in the HH series.

As I've said on another forum, it's got the potential to be cool, but not sure why it's not just part of the main HH line (after all, if people are writing these books they will be some delay in the HH line anyway). I suppose it might be because they might hit Siege of Terra before this line of books is complete.

There are a couple of words used in the blurb that I don't like, because they suggest goodie-two-shoes Guilliman, but i'm going to buy it and not judge it by a paragraph.

I like the idea of such a series, but I can also see why it's not in the HH series. This probably deals with stories of a broader timespan than just the HH series, and of course they want to maintain the momentum of that series without clogging it up with biographical novels dealing with various periods in the HH series, or even beyond of before it.

I bet on the Russ novel being about the feud with the Lion. We know Chris has been writing it.

I'd like to see a Perturabo entry about Olympia. We skipped that for the most part.

Chris is mostly spot on, I really hope that novel regarding the war on Dulan lives up to my expectations.

I bet on the Russ novel being about the feud with the Lion. We know Chris has been writing it.

Chris is mostly spot on, I really hope that novel regarding the war on Dulan lives up to my expectations.

Or as someone already suggested elsewhere - Conrad Curze youth and tyranny with the 'R+' rating.

Definitely looking forward to it! I agree Chris Wraight doing the Russ/Lion would be awesome, everything he was written has been awesome. Sort of like ADB, everything he has written has been great and the versatility of writing different legions and their flavor has been spot on for me. 

With that being said I am little wary of Annandale doing Guilliman. I know he did some WB/Ultra stuff for the BaC books which didn't impress me much. While I think he is a technically good writer (despite the dinos does space book=DoP) I don't think I have read anything from him that made me excited to the same degree like Wriaght or my triad of Dan/ADB/French. 

From the blurb it definitely tells us that this is a prequel to the Heresy, so it is possible ( and likely I guess) that the other Primarch releases will also be Pre-Heresy or early Heresy. Though it would be cool to have some Post-Heresy as well of course. Especially since they recently let out in the Weekender that the Scouring is not itself part of the 50 books HH series.

Really looking forward to Leman Russ: The Great Wolf by Wraight. That could be awesome. Hopefully still in 2016 as the BL release is usually at least a month before an Amazon.com release, sometimes two.

I probably wouldn't put his work at quite that level either, but he did The Traveller, Iron Corpses and Sermon of Exodus, all of which I really liked (and The Noose, which was a bit more middle-of-the-road). I'll be curious to see him doing Guilliman and the Ultras.

I probably wouldn't put his work at quite that level either, but he did The Traveller, Iron Corpses and Sermon of Exodus, all of which I really liked (and The Noose, which was a bit more middle-of-the-road). I'll be curious to see him doing Guilliman and the Ultras.

Yeah The Traveller and Iron corpses were both pretty good. Sermon of Exodus was little confusing for me but I guess I am not a big fan of the WB cult stuff but it does set explain the background migration of the cult for DoP (if this is the story I am thinking of).

As for the art above, like it except what is up with Guilliman's eyes, they make it look like he is some psyker

Wonder if they would get around the twins (Alpharius/Omegon) for this series? then again they'll probably put it last if origin stories are indeed part of this series as a hidden-limited-edition or something :). 

Wonder if they would get around the twins (Alpharius/Omegon) for this series? then again they'll probably put it last if origin stories are indeed part of this series as a hidden-limited-edition or something :).

You know what? I'd love it if they did what appeared to be one book for Alpharius, but it's actually several different versions of the same story. All very similar, same cover and everything, but with subtle but key changes to the story. I'm seriously so down for that.

As for the art above, like it except what is up with Guilliman's eyes, they make it look like he is some psyker

Its unfinished, so I expect some changes to the cover before long. Seems more like a work in progress where the eyes haven't been painted yet.

Roboute Guilliman

Lord Of Ultramar

The heroic tale of the future Lord of Ultramar as he hunts hill billys in Illyrium (who probably turn out to be a sect from Davin) and his attempts at  writing a book in a tent by candle light. CANDLE LIGHT....

Returning home, He finds his adopted fathers empire in ruins. Hear of his harrowing struggles as he strangulates a Voltron of all the Khaos gods

in his quest to reclaim his lost empire.

Archived