The Horus Heresy: Primarchs series

HaSY

what was the short story in one of the really old anthologies where he is in a cave with some eldar? trying to convince him of a great danger that lies ahead.. i havent read it in many years now but it seemed to be a good one back then

Persobally I find Ferrus a huge bore. He seems to have no actual talent with combat, loses everything and has the personality of a very dry, uncut turnip. The only thing he has to make him original is the metal covered arms thing and even then he never did anything special with them. He does seem far too hot headed though which often stops him achieving anything.

Ferrus is one of the most successful Primarchs, actually. It just comes down to that we haven't had the opportunity to see him in his glory. He appeared and died in one novel, and after that we have had flashbacks at best. He *did* do special things with his arms, but again, we did not get to see that because of how his role in the series played out. A prequel novel about him could easily utilize all the bits that weren't written about in detail.

Yes, he is hot-headed, but he is definitely not a Primarch who never achieves things. If anything, he was on the short list for Warmaster. He also was favored by Guilliman and a lot of his brothers. Even Horus himself saw him as a strong rival and respected him.

indeed i believe there was a short story where Horus was talking with his dead brother (well, to himself but as if to Ferrus) wishing that he had people like him at his side instead of the misfit nubbinsies that he had to settle for 

How about Wraight dealing with Ferrus?

His depoction of the IH in Wrath of Iron was quite good.

I think that he could deal with it.

But if I would have to choose, he should rather cover Russ, Mortarion and of course the Khan.

Perhaps I'd like to read about these great things that Ferrus did and to be honest I will end up buying all the books in this Primarch series.

I'm more interested in Russ having his drinking competitions when he meets The Emperor ... or perhaps some more information on the elusive Alpharius and Omegon before they went all "I'm Spartacus" with their legion.

Perhaps I'd like to read about these great things that Ferrus did and to be honest I will end up buying all the books in this Primarch series.

I'm more interested in Russ having his drinking competitions when he meets The Emperor ... or perhaps some more information on the elusive Alpharius and Omegon before they went all "I'm Spartacus" with their legion.

what Mellow said - I dont care about buffon Guilliman fighting orcs (orcs - again, they do know that we have orcs all year with TBA?)

Archived