The Horus Heresy: Primarchs series

HaSY

Roboute Guilliman

Lord Of Ultramar

The heroic tale of the future Lord of Ultramar as he hunts hill billys in Illyrium (who probably turn out to be a sect from Davin) and his attempts at writing a book in a tent by candle light. CANDLE LIGHT....

Returning home, He finds his adopted fathers empire in ruins. Hear of his harrowing struggles as he strangulates a Voltron of all the Khaos gods

in his quest to reclaim his lost empire.

Amazing, lol biggrin.png

Roboute Guilliman

Lord Of Ultramar

The heroic tale of the future Lord of Ultramar as he hunts hill billys in Illyrium (who probably turn out to be a sect from Davin) and his attempts at writing a book in a tent by candle light. CANDLE LIGHT....

Returning home, He finds his adopted fathers empire in ruins. Hear of his harrowing struggles as he strangulates a Voltron of all the Khaos gods

in his quest to reclaim his lost empire.

Amazing, lol biggrin.png

Just wait til chapter 4 "Quintus, wheres my bloody scribbley thing? / The censuring of Quintus (that red headed bastard)"

From the Warhammer facebook site, on what we can expect from these 18 novels in 4 years:

That’s right guys,

A brand new series is coming!
One of things that we've been asked since the Horus Heresy began, is when you'll get to see more of the origin stories of the primarchs, and what they got up to during the Great Crusade.
Well this series answers those questions (some of them).
An 18-book series of novels that will feature each of the primarchs in an iconic story, whether that be the tale of their discovery by the Emperor, the saga of an ancient brotherly rivalry, or a chronicle of them leading their Legion to war at the apex of the Great Crusade.
This is a brand new series, though if you’re familiar with the Horus Heresy novels, you'll see many of the heroes and villains of those books in a new light.
The series starts this May, with Roboute Guilliman: Lord of Ultramar!

Sounds really good.

Think that this might be the first series I'll buy completely.

HH caught me with just a handfull of books. Haven't read Beast Arises, so don't know if it's worth it.

I'm excited on Lion, Russ, Alpharius, Corax, Ferrus, Dorn, Magnus, Perturabo and Jaghatai. ;)

Why would they ever even consider the 2 missing legions?

Dead & gone from the beginning, besides keeping them out of the frame allows for those who want to do DIY legions scope to continue doing so.

Create Primarchs for the dead legions, and any legion background, and you have newtered that chance, for folks like Athrawes etc..

Keep the second and eleventh out of the frame.

Not interested in Man-flu Mortarion, but would like to learn ,ore about the Khan, the Lion, Dorn, Magnus, Corax and of course Russ. Horus too, to get an insight into being the first found :)

I'd definitely like to see some more loyalist Horus, him really at his prime as the favoured son before being declared warmaster started to weigh him down.

If it ends up being that Nick Kyme must write something, I hope it's on Fulgrim. I actually like his stuff on the EC quite a bit.

And can we please get Matthew Farrer on his own novel? After Desh'ea was amazing.

Imagine Sanguinius by Swallow

Vulkan by Nick Kyme

Lion by Thorpe

Corax by Thorpe

LOLOL...good times ahead

I'm fine with Thorpe writing Lion and Corax. The Corax novellas were decent, and Deliverance Lost didn't fail due to Corax, but the weird structure and Alpha Legion bollocks.

Sanguinius, though, should go to Guy Haley. Keep Swallow away from him. Fear to Tread is one of the novels I went in with high expectations, enjoyed in the beginning and then wanted to throw off the desk.

I disagree. I went into "Deliverance Lost" hyped as heck to read a novel focused on Corvus Corax, my expectations high from the glorious showing he'd had in "The First Heretic".

Instead I got a story about a complete goober who killed the second to last loyal Word Bearer because "RAAAR THE NAILS BURN HOT" and had the wool pulled over his eyes by a bunch of guys wearing "Totally Not An Alpha Legion Infiltrator" placards on their chests.

Why would they ever even consider the 2 missing legions?

Dead & gone from the beginning, besides keeping them out of the frame allows for those who want to do DIY legions scope to continue doing so.

Create Primarchs for the dead legions, and any legion background, and you have newtered that chance, for folks like Athrawes etc..

Keep the second and eleventh out of the frame.

Not interested in Man-flu Mortarion, but would like to learn ,ore about the Khan, the Lion, Dorn, Magnus, Corax and of course Russ. Horus too, to get an insight into being the first found :)

I honestly wish BL had given us an incomplete picture of just what happened to the 2 lost legions and who they were. The whole we can't talk about them just seems ridiculous, especially amongst those that turned traitor. How's the Emperor going to know anyway?

The "30k mystique" can of worms is already open, purposefully avoiding the parts you don't want to talk about is just jarring. I'm not saying I wanted a"this definitely happened" approach. Something like the Alpharius origin stories would have sufficied. (Several lies with an element of truth in each one, which together paint a fuller, albiet incomplete, picture.)

Imagine Sanguinius by Swallow

Vulkan by Nick Kyme

Lion by Thorpe

Corax by Thorpe

LOLOL...good times ahead

I can do better than that brother. Imagine Nick Kyme writing the final confrontation between Horus and the Emperor.

Instead I got a story about a complete goober who killed the second to last loyal Word Bearer because "RAAAR THE NAILS BURN HOT"

That happened? I didn't make it that far

I bought Deliveramce Lost and Outcast Dead together...I was not incredibly impressed

18 books, huh? I wonder what could possibly goes wrong with portraying Alpharius or Omegon...

Please let Khan be done by Chris

Russ and Khan are done by Wraight - so don't you worry. Actually I also want  Mortarion done by Chris or Rob Sanders. Their's Mortarion is the best in the Heresy

Still interesting to me (in a non condescending way) to see the mixed reviews on BL authors.

Since last time I talked about this topic I am pretty much where I was with some changes brought up here I like.

What I want most for Primarchs, Chris W write Mortarion's fall.

Non-Primarch : Erebus's "end" commupens,...whatever that ends up looking like. ;)

Guy Haley doing more Primarchs, I like his take on Sangunius more aft discussion here.

Honestly wish Steve Parker (Deathwatch) would come back and do HH.

Still interesting to me (in a non condescending way) to see the mixed reviews on BL authors.

Since last time I talked about this topic I am pretty much where I was with some changes brought up here I like.

What I want most for Primarchs, Chris W write Mortarion's fall.

Non-Primarch : Erebus's "end" commupens,...whatever that ends up looking like. msn-wink.gif

Guy Haley doing more Primarchs, I like his take on Sangunius more aft discussion here.

Honestly wish Steve Parker (Deathwatch) would come back and do HH.

Yeah, I really want to see Chris Wraight handle Mortarion. Admittedly, not many people have done him at all, but Chris' has definitely been my favourite so far. Agreed on Guy Haley's Sanguinius too.

The Lion I'm not sure about. Various authors have done him so far and honestly none of them have really done much for me.

Corax and Vulkan I just want to see someone other than Gav Thorpe and Nick Kyme do them (I don't even hate Gav Thorpe's RG stuff, it's been okay, I'd just like to see some new authors trying them out).

I got excited until I saw David Annandale eugh he is up there with goto, Thorpe, and Kyme. Refuse to read anything by them. Same with 4th beast arises book being annandale. No thank you

On a positive note looking forward to reading this series, I just hope it doesn't give too much away as with a lot of things I 30k/40k a lot is ruined by opening the box. Some things are better being mythical

Half Goat it looks like autocorrect or Saturday night booze;) got to your post. Who's the first author before Gav?

I was referring to C.S. Goto. He wrote the blood raven books truly awful

I am also on the cider and tired from running leatherwork courses today ;)

Archived