Well, it's pretty late, I've just finished up painting my fifth marine to add to my tactical squad and decided it's about time I started my WIP thread.

It took me a long while to decide on a legion to jump into for 30K, but being a long time Khorne fanboy, I felt I owed it to the World Eaters to delve into their roots. 

I'm at the very beginnings of my army. I've got the Calth box as the backbone, and a lot of unassembled models that will slowly be added as time moves on. I decided against the contemptor, praetor and chaplain in the set as I just couldn't imagine them in my army.

Anyway, enough of the introduction, I'll get on with the pictures:

Tactical Squad 1

First up, my tactical squad so far. Still pretty useless without their bolters, but they were only finished today.

Tactical Squad 2

This will be my second tactical squad. I still have 10 models to build to mash into both squads, but you get the idea. 

Despoilers

Next up, some despoilers/rampagers. I'm leaning more toward keeping these as despoilers and adding a set of rampagers later, but switching their derpy faces for helmets. I hate those stupid faces... 

Contemptor 1

Contemptor 2

My contemptor, mid shoulder barge. I added some of the technical crackle paint to his armour before applying the white coat. This gave it a sort of weathered/rusty look. 

Red Butchers

Finally, some Red Butchers. Nothing more to say about them other than I love these models. 

I've still got Khârn, Angron, a Leviathan, a squad of cataphractii and a host of praetors/centurions (that'll hopefully represent some characters) to build, so there'll be some more WIPs to post within the coming weeks.

Thanks, and uh.. Blood for the blood god?

Nah, little too early for that just yet.  

Awesome start, Thordendal.

I love the gritty, rugged feel your tac marines have so far.

Also, good choice. You picked the right legion msn-wink.gif

Keep up the great work! I'm looking forward to great things.

@Flint13 Thank you for the kind words. biggrin.png It was a tough choice between these and Sons of Horus, but World Eaters came out on top for me. I'm hoping to tackle the rest of the tactical marines I've started on today, but first, I promised to basecoat a friend's Dark Eldar for him while he's working. So much purple!

@Pearson73 Cheers! But I can't actually take credit for the pose. I should have mentioned in the post but I got the contemptor for a steal on Feebay, ready built. At less than £20 I couldn't say no. Easily topped the static pose of the BaC one for me.

Been working on my second tactical squad's sergeant today. I gave him a rampager right arm to give him a more dynamic look, and because it looks a little more gladiatorial. Hope you like it. biggrin.png

Sergeant 1

Sergeant 2

He'll hopefully be finished up tomorrow night.

• 2 weeks later...

Worked on my contemptor yesterday. Weathered & bloodied him up sufficiently. All he needs is a little tidy up, an oil washing and basing and he'll be ready to bash some loyalist brains out. 

Disclaimer: I don't hate loyalists, but for the purpose of this thread, I do. 

Contemptor WIP Front

Contemptor WIP Back

Archived