Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

Eagle Warriors

Numeration: The XIIIth Legion
Primogenitor: Alexos Travier
Cognomen (Prior): None
Allegiance: Traitoris Maximus

Damned above all other Legions, the history of the Eagle Warriors is a dark chapter among the famed Legiones Astartes. Blood and sacrifice are the twin desires of the XIIIth, as they throw costly armoured assaults at their enemies. These first assaults are merely a distraction as they reduce defenses before the final blow is struck in the form of a rapid strike of jetbikes, fast vehicles, and beasts of war. Military efficiency is no virtue to the Eagle Warriors, who do everything the can to sate the bloodlust of their Primarch. Alexos was a Primarch marked by rumours as a failed son of the Emperor before he would enact the Serpent Lodges, supposed places of warrior equality but tainted with whispers of grisly rituals. On the Day of Revelation, the Eagle Warriors' would reveal the full extent of their inhumanity to the galaxy. 

[There, a proper summary for the Eagle Warriors. And go ahead and use "Socius Sollicitus" for the Warbringers' allegiance rating.]

Message to Hobbyists

Greetings, and welcome to the Brotherhood of the Lost. As many of you know, of the original twenty legions to serve the Emperor in the Great Crusade, two have never been explained or explored, instead referred to the Lost Legions. Not content to leave a void in this intricate universe, many hobbyists have crafted their own legions with imagination and creativity. Other talented writers and dreamers went a step further and crafted entirely new Heresies, such as the famed Dornian Heresy. Which brings us to this project, which started with this question: "What if the canon legions were replaced by lost legion projects?"

Here we are, seven months later, with 18 new legions that have led to a new conflict: the Icarion Insurrection. While many things have parallels to the canon, such as the infiltration of Chaos and the fall of the greatest Primarch, many differences have emerged. No longer is this a two-sided conflict lasting only seven years, but a multi-front war between several different factions lasting decades.

As far as we have gotten, halfway through completing our first book, there is still much more to go through. More importantly, while we have a solid crew who brings together their own unique skills and talents, we lack good artists. So, we would like to extend an invitation to anyone with an artistic expertise to join us and be a part of one of the most ambitious 30k fan projects on the Internet. Not only do we invite artists, but also writers. There's so much new potential and territory to cover, that our own efforts have only reached over a small percentage of it. Lastly, we invite everyone to come by and simply enjoy our hard work at establishing a new universe and all of the surprises within.

The project is located in a sub-forum on the Bolter and Chainsword website (http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/). If anyone isn't a member, to join, one must ask one of the administrators to create an account.

Sincerely,
simison, Project Leader
Grifftofer, PDF expert
Sigismund229, writer
MikhalLeNoir, founding member
Raktra, founding member
Athrawes, founding member
Big Bad Squig, founding member
Skalpynock, founding member
Demus Ragnok, founding member
AlphariusOmegon108, modeller
Slipstreams, founding member
Chief Captain Redd, founding member
Hesh Kadesh, rule master
Praefectus Invictus, founding member
depthcharge12, founding member
bluntblade, writer
Kelborn, member
SanguiniusReborn, member
Lord Thorn, member

[How's that?]

You missed out the "know" in the 2nd sentence

And an explanation of where we are and how to get in. I'll add a second part. 

Nice! Maybe add a list of members that are part of this project?

Sure, but I'm not sure how. Do I just add a list as a PS? Or do I add everyone's names along with mine?

Added a brief explanation of how to get onto B&C, should I add any more details? 

And I added everyone who's made significant contributions to the project in the signature section. Did I miss anyone? 

I think if anyone deserves that title its probably Hesh. He always has constructive advice to give on rules and is usually much more eloquent and detailed in his feedback than I am. Plus I almost always agree with his assessments so we could probably split the work between us :P

Looks good.

I like where this is going.

But if let's say 10 new members join, can we set a Limit of daily posts? IF not I'll nevee be able to catch up. ;) (just kiddin')

Looks good.

I like where this is going.

But if let's say 10 new members join, can we set a Limit of daily posts? IF not I'll nevee be able to catch up. ;) (just kiddin')

Actually, you touch on a couple of questions I was pondering. I'm not sure how successful this drive will be. (I'm keeping my expectations low.) But, on the chance we get a strong response, do we want to stagger our efforts? Like, we try Warseer first, see who shows up, give it a bit, then try dakkadakka? If nothing else, I am positive we will see increased visitor traffic.

Or do we go with shotgun blast? Hit everything at once?

Good question. (I am not a founding member? Curse my bad timing)

Let us attack 3 at a time. Maybe a small, medium and big sized board and of course at first let us post here in the amecus(?)

And you missed Sanguiniisreborn

Heh, according to that logic, I'm not a 'founding member' either. Only wanted to give one title per person, and figured 'modeler' would be a step up. If you prefer it the other way, I can change it.

Change it cuz I modell just for fun and at a ace others create whole armies. Still hanging on the white cloaks of my damn veterans. If i could only remember who said white cloaks and skirts were ace...

If we 'find' many more missing members I'm going to have to re-format the page to make everyone fit ;)

I was wondering how long the list was becoming... Anyway, that should be it. If we have to, we can slim down to just the founding members.

Mikhal, got it. I'll switch it over.

Simison I've made one small alteration to your text in the pdf: I changed where you said "a sub-forum" to "the Special Projects sub-forum" when referencing the Bolter and Chainsword. As I figure it's better to be specific to prevent new people getting lost in the other forums when they try to find us.

And you missed Sanguiniisreborn

While I'm flattered and appreciate that you think I should be included I wouldn't consider myself important or involved enough to be listed as a member of this project.

It's more like the BotL Forum is a cafe or pub where you guys, the patrons, meet to discuss your efforts on this screenplay (the BotL in general) that you're all writing. I meanwhile, am the crazy old homeless guy sat in the corner booth who occasionally mutters (or shouts, depends whether I'm taking my medication) random gibberish that may or may not sometimes contain useful/inspirational ideas.

Archived