Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

Okay, so the Vox Board sounds like a good place to start. Mikhal, do you have an account there, already? Grifft, let's go with the two keys icon for the 'Other' category. Do you need me to find you an image? If not, can you let me know when the PDF is ready? 

Hmmm, I had an account there, but I erased it cuz I was not geek enough^^ ( and I critized that all traits were defined by the genes in the novels and not by the social upbringing. Earned me some beef^^)

But I guess I can reactivate it. But be prepared, those guys are nice but strange. And some play there roles.( one is a follower of Malal and he is always against anything you post.)

Hmmm, I had an account there, but I erased it cuz I was not geek enough^^ ( and I critized that all traits were defined by the genes in the novels and not by the social upbringing. Earned me some beef^^)

But I guess I can reactivate it. But be prepared, those guys are nice but strange. And some play there roles.( one is a follower of Malal and he is always against anything you post.)

If you don't want to, you don't have to. Does anyone else have an account there or is willing to make one?

Hm, not sure. The practical answer is 'Brotherhood of the Lost', but that should be part of the main post. And I like to make my thread titles with a bit more flair or mystery. 

Maybe you should call it 'the Rise of Malal' to force that one guy to argue against it? :wink:

For an actual title, one idea is 'March of the Lost Legions' or 'The Warmaster versus the Stormlord'. 

An then just post our ad work? Or should I write somezhing like: we work at some stuff. Are cool people. We bling and are recruiting masses for the bling.

Ah, one prob: no artists but writers on the vox

An then just post our ad work? Or should I write somezhing like: we work at some stuff. Are cool people. We bling and are recruiting masses for the bling.

Ah, one prob: no artists but writers on the vox

Yeah, most of the first post should just be the ad, but feel free to add in your own message at the end of the post.

Hm, bit of a downer, but let's go ahead with it and look at it like a test case for the kind of feedback we might see from bigger sites. And, we can still use new writers.

I have all the time of the world. I will post then both. For those who want to see it in pdf and for those for whom plain text is enough^^

I think i call the text virus bombardrment as reference to viral marketing^^

Hey, I've been following this project for a little while and I'd love to do some artwork for you guys. This whole thing has been really inspiring. I can do digital, pencil, and pen and ink drawings and I'm also pretty good at designing symbols and whatnot.

I must applaud your sense of timing, Drak. And you're hired!

Right now, I think our priority is to get portraits of the Book 1 Primarchs. Are you familiar with the FW sketches in the HH rule books?

Hey, I've been following this project for a little while and I'd love to do some artwork for you guys. This whole thing has been really inspiring. I can do digital, pencil, and pen and ink drawings and I'm also pretty good at designing symbols and whatnot.

welcome to the Lost! Would you like your soul taken now or later?

On a more serious note: It's good to have you with us

sim: does Drak joining us mean we'll put a stop to the ad or are we going ahead with it anyway?

We'll go through with it, because the more the merrier (and that's a lot of art to ask one man to do). But we're going to take it at a leisurely pace. Let's send the ad out to a new place every month and measure the reaction we get.

I think we go ahead, cuz the more the better. If Drak was the only one, I bet he would be soon burned out;)

Ah, and welcome. I guess the AD was already an sucess even if it isn't released yet;)

Damn simison, don't ninja me

@simison: Yes, I'm familiar with those portraits.

Any Primarchs in particular that I should tackle first? You guys can PM me with the necessary descriptions and I'll look into the fluff and whatnot to get a better idea.

And yes, you guys should probably go ahead with the ad since I just had a mild panic at the thought of being the sole artist for this!

@simison: Yes, I'm familiar with those portraits.

Any Primarchs in particular that I should tackle first? You guys can PM me with the necessary descriptions and I'll look into the fluff and whatnot to get a better idea.

And yes, you guys should probably go ahead with the ad since I just had a mild panic at the thought of being the sole artist for this!

Edit: Forget everything I just said and follow the instructions of our lord and master simison

NINJA ATTACK!

*cough* Anyway...

The Grave Stalkers are the legion closest to being done, so if you can get a picture of K'awil made, that'd be awesome.

Cool, I'm currently waiting for Grifftofer to get back to me, so if anyone else has any notable features of their Primarchs that they want me to include in the portraits, let me know. I want to get as accurate as possible to you guys' ideas of what they should look like.

Archived