Recruitment Advertisement & Artist Thread

simison

Okay. Then please change sanginius from member to strange things muttering homeless guy.

By the way...dark souls 3 arrived at my dorm...i am out for some time^^ but i will be back...tomorrow^^

vote for sanguinius gaining the title "the crazy old guy in the corner"

oh...forget it. Haven't seen Mikhals post.

old freakin' foreseeing ninja!

We'll see.

Anyway, the text version of the ad is essentially done. I just went through the PDF version (at least, the one linked on page 3). Once the appeal is put in, all we're missing are legion symbols. 

Which might be impossible for another couple of months because Invictus didn't choose a legion symbol, and he won't be back for a couple of more months. So, how do we handle that issue with the PDF? I'm seeing four options: one, we wait and see if we can't get him to make a minor appearance to make the call. Two, we pick a temporary symbol for him and clear it with him when he comes back. Three, we ignore it and fill in as many symbols as we can before we 'publish'. Four, we simply skip the legion symbols for the ad since we can't get them all in.

I would prefer 2 or 4.

Giving them a temporary and change it afterwords sounds fair to me.

But, I'm not quite sure if we need the legion symbols right away. When I first read something about Warhammer 40k I didn't noticed the canonc symbols. I rather was interested in the general character of each legion, scrolling hours in the Lexicanum to get an overview about the whole setting, etc.

Think that it should be enough to show their color schemes, etc.

Comparing our project with Twisthammer for example, they don't even have legion symbols at all. Therefore it should be ok to implement them in Insurrection. Furthermore this leaves us some "oh cool" moment within Insurrection. "Oh...that symbol is cool. Fits really well."
To be honest, I had these moments when I read the HH corebooks and saw the old legion symbols of the DG, etc.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/316628-twisthammer-an-alternate-historyreimagining-of-wh40k/

This is Twisthammer. Another alternate heresy project with completely DIY legions, etc.

Midgard and his pals worked on it for several years and Midgard also wrote three completed novels about it.

He started to upload the first novel here as well. Got all of them on my computer but haven't had the time to read them. Those few pages I read were really good.

I could always fill the space with a symbol denoting loyalty if we decide to go for option 4. That way I'd only need 3-4? symbols, which would be easier and require a group consensus rather than a specific individual. I think we should be able to come to a decision within a week or so :P

Duly noted. What's Twisthammer?

Another Alternate Heresy similar to BotL with completely new Primarchs & Homeworlds, Midgard is the guy behind it if I recall and he's written an extensive story for it BL-style:

Here's the thread where he introduced Twisthammer: http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/316628-twisthammer-an-alternate-historyreimagining-of-wh40k/?fromsearch=1

And here's the first book of Twisthammer that he posted on the B&C:

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/317206-conqueror-twisthammer-book-one/

EDIT: Damnit Kelborn, no ninjutsu in the house! :D

Ah, and here I thought we were the most thorough alternate universe of them all.

Another option is to move legion numeral into the space from the blurb.

They started seperatly in another community. Therefore you can say that we are indeed the most thorough alternate universe of the B&C community. ;)

As most of them stoped working on it, Midgard joined this board to share their project, etc.

I believe that he is one of the very last ones who are working on it. Furthermore he wants to release his novels as well. Cool guy. Already invited him to have a look on our project or even to join us.

And as far as I remember Midgards work, it was completly fluffwise. No rules, no models, only story. But a great story. And funnily some similarities.

In short everone distrust each other. Game of Spacethrones if you will

[Must continue Dark Souls]

Okay Grifft. Had a look at the ad pdf. Well same problem. Yellow on red is hard to red. Maybe try a lighter yellow or maybe white. Then the writing shouldn't be to close at the boarders. About 3 blank spaces before the writing start, should be better. Here a block alignment would be better too. Will improve the professional look.( same goes for the end).

And going for the loyalty Symbol is my vote too.

Insurrectionists

Democrats...aeh...Reformists

Liberalists

Pacifists

Loyalists

Insurrectionists

Democrats...aeh...Reformists

Liberalists

Pacifists

Loyalists

*reads pacifists, then glances at Wardens of Light* Uh-huh.

For the Loyalists, it's simple, the Imperial Aquila.

Traitors, since the Eye of Horus was the main symbol for the canon traitors, I'd assume that Icarion's pointed star would serve the same role.

Reformists, I'm guessing something gene like or whatever Kozja would lean towards. Maybe just the Warbringers' icon.

Then Jackel does his own thing. 

Maybe 2 arrows who point in opposite directions?

Of course they rejoin. But at the beginning we have 4 factions. Of whom 1 is not into the fight. I see caerbannog as an enclave for all the refuegees who flee the tides of war.

Maybe 2 arrows who point in opposite directions?

Of course they rejoin. But at the beginning we have 4 factions. Of whom 1 is not into the fight. I see caerbannog as an enclave for all the refuegees who flee the tides of war.

Interesting idea. 

While I'm waiting on replies to these two ideas, the response I was getting to deployment was staggered, hit only a couple of sites at a time.

The current targets are:

natfka blogspot

dakkadakka

heresy30k

warseer

Bell of Lost Souls

Are there more sites people can think? Should we place the ad in the Announcements thread here? Which ones should we approach first?

I would suggest that we should start with the smallest one and wait for feedback.

If we start with the biggest one, it could happen that we will be overwhelmed by new members and ideas, tearing our staff apart. :/

Archived