ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

You can use it from the moment you make a vow, until the end of the ETL.

When the ETL ends there is another signature depending on how many vows we made (Custos Fidei), or if we do not finish any vow is another (Oath breaker).

Oh snap, that's right! I should remember as I've ggot my completion banner from last year :s

EDC

I'm not sure I understand what to do with the 'tag' thing... guess I'm old haha.

http://www.bolterandchainsword.com/topic/284121-using-tags/?do=findComment&comment=3537241

Basically you add them to any thread you create to assist with searching. You can also edit them into any existing thread.

Sadly if you're predominantly a mobile user you won't see them...

This may not be the right spot to ask and I looked at the rules but want to make sure. I can make 1 small vow complete it and then do another small vow complete that, but can't do more than 5 total vows right? And the June deadline is just for the first vow right? I don't need to make all the vows before June 15th do I?

I'm afraid I'm running late brothers, stripping my models has taken longer than I thought. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to do them all in one go but there you go. I've got them mostly there just a few more bits and pieces to clear up then I can move to assembling. I hope to be ready to vow this weekend. In the meantime here are a couple of special models from the bunch:

med_gallery_27469_12034_67522.jpg

A much younger version of me did a major disservice to our Jolemai... I shall correct this. msn-wink.gif

med_gallery_27469_12034_351122.jpg

Tycho I think? Or maybe just a Captain? I honestly can't remember. Either way an ancient and awful paint job. Before nipple armour there was... nipple gems? I have aspirations to give this model a much better paint job but how I can make them look decent I have no idea. wacko.png

I'm afraid I'm running late brothers, stripping my models has taken longer than I thought. Perhaps I shouldn't have tried to do them all in one go but there you go. I've got them mostly there just a few more bits and pieces to clear up then I can move to assembling. I hope to be ready to vow this weekend. In the meantime here are a couple of special models from the bunch:

med_gallery_27469_12034_67522.jpg

A much younger version of me did a major disservice to our Jolemai... I shall correct this. msn-wink.gif

med_gallery_27469_12034_351122.jpg

Tycho I think? Or maybe just a Captain? I honestly can't remember. Either way an ancient and awful paint job. Before nipple armour there was... nipple gems? I have aspirations to give this model a much better paint job but how I can make them look decent I have no idea. wacko.png

Those models are pure sex.

It's the original BA Captain model. White Dwarf did a battle report with the Blood Angels against Orks and that model was used as the Captain and the player named him Tycho. He was given wargear cards (2nd edition) to represent the model. During the battle report, the Captain was "slain" by a Weirdboy Psychic Attack.

This was all prior to Codex: Angels of Death being released. The writers decided to use this battle report and expand on it for Tycho's background and thus our beloved 3rd Company Captain was born (and subsequent new model, hence the load out).

As Tycho has a model, ideally you can use this chap as a Captain (like I do) or even something like a Sternguard Sergeant.

I hope to give them the paint job they have long deserved! Liking the new avatar Charlo - do you have any idea who the second model is? I was planning on making him a DC Tycho.

Danke brother! I saw the art yesterday and decided it was a must. Plus I'm repping us for the ETL (...when I get my act together and take some pictures) so it seemed fitting. Plus he looks like all of my posts are serious business verymad.gif

And yeah what Jolemai said - No idea what he's going to be for me. I'll Vow him as a captain with a bolter and paint him gold but otherwise he'll probably fit in my Sternguard, although I was going to use the below guy as my sarge... Games Day captain with a headswap because helmet-less heads are for Sanguinius, fools, librarians and the occasional guy with a respirator.

Hidden Content

http://i1380.photobucket.com/albums/ah177/nevscorner/Snapchat-6528988911982443394_zpssiq1bmki.jpg

Ah, so my faulty memory was somewhat on point ;) Thanks for the info Jolemai, I will vow him as a Captain. Artificer Armour and a master-crafted Boltgun I imagine to be accurate to the model.

I look forward to seeing that Games Day Captain painted up! I regret never getting him as he's an iconic character (or more accurately pose!) for BA.

I have about half of the BA tactical box left in raw bits so was going to make a small Sternguard squad from it for the ETL. Those boys are too blinged for regular guys.

Consdiering some sort of conversion with the SG bits I have to give them wrist mounted grav guns so count as combis... Watch this space. I'm feeling hobby-tastic today (at least, after work and Game of Thrones :P)

Archived