ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

The maximum image size the B&C gallery can handle is 2 Mb, so it is worth bearing hat in mind when you are trying to upload images.

Glad you like the tutorial :)

I'm desperately trying to get everything glued together, stripped, primed, what have you.  So far, I have a jump chaplain, Dante, sanguinary priest, captain, most of a homemade bike librarian, and some scouts and tacticals.  I just ordered a Stormraven for the win an army contest and might be picking up some Sanguinary Guard soon, also (I just love the look of them too much to pass them up!).  Hopefully I can get a bunch of that primed tonight!

I'm looking at a termie assault squad at the very least for ETL. Possibly a grav biker squad too. I built 20 vanguard vets all with power weapons that would be a good vow, but I don't know if I'd be able to finish. Also I'm thinking about saving them for when I'm better at painting...

Make all your vows small & manageable, btw the only way to improve as a painter is to paint the models :p

You can always strip the paint off and re-do them as you get better :)

Make all your vows small & manageable, btw the only way to improve as a painter is to paint the models :p

You can always strip the paint off and re-do them as you get better :)

Oi Bos ... Thought the advice for none SW vows was make them huge!!! :devil:

Four days to go!

It may sound obvious but double check all your consumables - and I don't mean the beer either! Make sure you have enough of what you need now so you don't lose time during the event. Basing material, paints, glue, inks, sprays, etc, get them in as soon as possible and don't assume!

Last night I was using my white spray for the first time in ages and was surprised at how low it was. If it had ran out I would have wasted not only that evening but possibly a few more until I was restocked - not only that but any prep you do during the ETL is time that could have been spent painting (proper real life concerns notwithstanding of course). Don't delay, prep today!

* and yes, I'll be off to Halfords some time this week...

Last time I went to halfords they didnt stock any white primer, just black and grey. Might be worth ringing up in advance to check so its not a wasted journy, thats time you could be using to finish other bits.

Three to go!

In three day's time, a new thread will be appear in the Blood Angel's sub-forum. This thread will be entitled "+++E Tenebrae Lux V - Blood Angels Strategium+++" and will be where we can place our vows. The first post will have the links to the overarching ETL thread in the PCA forum and will be regularly bumped by Semper when a vow is lodged and with the weekly updates on how we are doing. For those interested, last year's thread can be viewed here.

To register your entry for the competition, you will need to make a vow on that page by the 15 June 2016. The following is a template for the vow:

I [insert name here] rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete [insert units here] from [insert Codex or army list here] of total value [insert total point value here] on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to [insert Chapter/Legion/Warband/Regiment] and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until the year-end

Note that this is a template; I tend to alter the end of mine to "until my vow is fully completed...", but then there's a reason for that ;) At this point you are part of the ETL campaign and are entitled to wear the Oath of Moment banner (current design TBC) in your signature. I should point out that a BA specific one is being fine tuned as we speak and the only way to get that is to vow for us!

Captain,

When do we make our first vows : )ph34r.png

I will prepare all the threads (Main Rules and Strategiums) on Saturday and leave them closed. Then eithe in late Saturday (my time zone) or early Sunday, the threads will be unlocked and the game is on. I'm not too fussed with the exact starting time really. However the deadlines will be strictly observed!

OK, so to be sure, we have to support our vows with a WIP thread right?  This thread has to be in the BA forum? We must have primed photos of the figures for them to count?  How many WIP shots are needed?  Are unbased figures considered finished? (I often base batches of 20+ at once..)

Finally, what counts as 'painted' and are there bonus points for painting reaaaally nice?

I'm going to try and go pretty hard this year, so I can close a door on my BA hobby and focus on my Heresy exploits guilt free :P until of course BA enter the Heresy... Sanguinius will be mine!

My backlog has been too big for too long! Purchases intended for last year's ETL sit on sprues in my drawers still...

OK, so to be sure, we have to support our vows with a WIP thread right?  This thread has to be in the BA forum? We must have primed photos of the figures for them to count?  How many WIP shots are needed?  Are unbased figures considered finished? (I often base batches of 20+ at once..)

Finally, what counts as 'painted' and are there bonus points for painting reaaaally nice?

All you need is a start and finish image at the bare minimum, which at the very least is linked to the strategium thread. Dedicated WIP threads and WIP shots are entirely up to the Frater, but encouraged.

As mentioned on the previous page, basing is not compulsory as the competition doesn't wish to leave out those who aren't yet comfortable basing, etc. For those of us who base as a matter of course (like myself these days), we are expected to do it (and thus not cut any corners). As for yourself, from looking at your blog you would fall into the former category so don't worry about it unless you want to.

By "painted" I guess you're referring to "completed"? If so, it's complete when you say it is; no one can tell you when something is finished  as it's your hobby. For example, for models to be "battle ready" (and thus eligible for our annual Apocalypse) in my gaming group, they are expected to be a minimum of three base colours and based. Given my backlog and time constraints, I tend to say my vow is complete once this, shading and most of the fine detail is done (as I can highlight stuff at my leisure).

As for that, in the past the top three entries have been awarded a Badge of the Artisan signature/avatar banner - but this is entirely dependent on whether or not Semper wants the stress this year! Also, if just reflects his opinion, so one should not be upset if Semper doesn't pick ones vow out of the gazillion other ones to choose from.

Sorry I just want to get some clarification. Basing means like the base the model stands on being finished or painted right?

And also besides that basing also refers to the first coat of paint on a model after you prime them right? Or is the term basing interchangeable with priming? I'm a little confused lol

The base or basing is the item you mount your model to and the act of decorating the base.

The base coat or base coating is the first layer of paint after primer has been applied.

GW call the paints they recommend for the base coat as base paints.

By "basing" I am referring to basing a model, or rather, doing stuff the the base your model stands on.

I do concede that it can also mean the basecoat, but not in the way I am using it ;)

Don't get me started on priming/undercoating (which also appears to be interchangeable with a basecoat), transfers/decals, and so on furious.gif

Thanks for the help guys! Makes sense and I figured that's how it was but just like to double check.

Yeah I was pretty positive you were talking about the models base being completed jolemai, just always like to double check/clarify whenever possible.

It sounds like undercoating/priming and transfers/decal is a whole other can of worms lol

Pretty much what Jolemai said. :D

Yeap, fine!

Thought I answered that... *shrugs*

Obviously the message was lost in the warp. Probably the fault of the Chaos filth who fear the BA march to glory!

EDC

Can't argue with that. Meanwhile, two to go!!

Archived