ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

I'm not very familiar with the storm raven kit, but if it's of any help I've used the kettle helm heads from the fantasy man-at-arms box to represent a light. The helms are a decent size and the heads are easy to get rid of. They even have an 'x' banded over the top that could serve as a grill of sorts.

Advice needed. I stripped my 3rd Stormraven over the weekend in prep for re-painting for the ETL, problem is I managed to lose both headlight bits :facepalm:, suggestions of how I can replace them/fill the gap without it looking terrible?

I had a glance on ebay for the replacement bits, but the only option was to get basically half a SR shipped over, with most of the cost covering shipping :groan:, so I don't especially want to go down that road...

Thoughts?

EDC

Any good?

http://www.bitsandkits.co.uk/blood-angels-storm-raven-c-6_636_716.html

Nice. Cheers.

I'm not very familiar with the storm raven kit, but if it's of any help I've used the kettle helm heads from the fantasy man-at-arms box to represent a light. The helms are a decent size and the heads are easy to get rid of. They even have an 'x' banded over the top that could serve as a grill of sorts.

Intriguing. Got any pics?

I'll give you the best example I've got. Not exactly the star of the picture, but the eye you can see on the mount there is the top of one of those kettle helms. Sorry for the giant picture, It's all I've got handy.11257901_1109287405779304_17249633564990

Going to try and go hard this year brothers!

You know what Master Yoda would say to that? ;)

Seriously though, do it! Get that backlog cleared so new models can be bought(not that a backlog ever stood anyone buying stuff, but it's nice to have some kind of incentive)

EDC

Would models primed gray and basecoated with only base red be eligible? If so, my vows are kind of set..

Vow 1:

• (1) Terminator Captain (3rd Edition pewter model)
  • (5) Terminator Squad Alphaeus, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist (Magnetized 5E Black Reach terminators)

Vow 2:

• (5) Honor Guard, Sanguinary Initiate, Company Champion, Chapter Banner, Grav Pistol, Meltagun, Flamer (2nd Ed. pewter models)

Vow 3:

• (10) Tactical Squad, Power Fist, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer (2nd Ed. pewter models)

I'll definitely make it through Vow 1.. Possibly 2.. 3 is.. well.. unlikely :)

Would models primed gray and basecoated with only base red be eligible? If so, my vows are kind of set..

Do you have a picture? Only Semper would need to give it the green light.

In other news, I've picked up some more appropriate bases for my bikes and will base them next week. Should have the bits for another two Terminators to round the squad to ten :)

Hypothetically, if I was to build and paint a venerable chaplain dreadnought model, but price it as a death company dreadnought, would that be okay?

It will clearly be a blood angel, armed with a frag canon, but it will also quite obviously be the chaplain model. Looking for a ruling on that (Jolemai / Semper)?

As to why i'd want to do that, I already have a death company dread, and want a chaplain dread for the collection - even if I can never table it.

Hypothetically, if I was to build and paint a venerable chaplain dreadnought model, but price it as a death company dreadnought, would that be okay?

It will clearly be a blood angel, armed with a frag canon, but it will also quite obviously be the chaplain model. Looking for a ruling on that (Jolemai / Semper)?

As to why i'd want to do that, I already have a death company dread, and want a chaplain dread for the collection - even if I can never table it.

If it's modelled pointed appropriately, I see no reason why it should be an issue. Obviously Jolmai/Semper will need to give it the free light, but from what you've said it'll probably be okay.

EDC

Well, you cannot really do this as death company dreads cannot take frag cannons.

But you could use the chaplain dread with frag cannon as a Furioso, for sure.

Yes it would be fine. I believe BAs can't have a Chaplain Dread anyway and if it is WYSIWYG (frag cannon and all) there is no problem at all. If anything it seems appropriate! :D Go right ahead.

Edit: good point about the Furioso. But as they have the same point cost there is really no problem from my end.

Do you have a picture? Only Semper would need to give it the green light.

The five in the foreground are the ones I inquired about.. Eligible?

gallery_60983_8363_13302.jpg

Alright, my Honor Guard have been deemed eligible, thanks Captain Semper.

So my vows have been decided:

Vow 1

• (1) Terminator Captain (3rd Edition pewter model)
  • (5) Terminator Squad Alphaeus, Heavy Flamer, Chainfist (Magnetized 5E Black Reach terminators)

Vow 2

• (5) Honor Guard, Sanguinary Initiate, Company Champion, Chapter Banner, Grav Pistol, 2x Meltagun, Flamer (2nd Ed. pewter models)

Vow 3

• (5) Devastator Squad, Lascannon, 3xMissile Launcher (3rd Edition plastics)

Vow 4

• (10) Tactical Squad, Power Fist, Meltagun, Heavy Flamer (2nd Ed. pewter models)

As a similar question, if I prime marines in 2 colours (armour in Red, weapons in Black) would they be eligible? As I prime by hand rather than spray I tend to do it that way. It would still just be primer over the grey plastic.

As a similar question, if I prime marines in 2 colours (armour in Red, weapons in Black) would they be eligible? As I prime by hand rather than spray I tend to do it that way. It would still just be primer over the grey plastic.

Welcome to Bolter and Chainsword! smile.png

I fail to see how this is any different than someone who undercoats things on sprues (i.e. the red stuff red and the black stuff black). Given that this is your method of undercoating I can't see it being a problem but feel free to post an image if you want it 100% approved. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with!

It is always very rewarding to see people's first posts to be in relation to the ETL! :)

To answer your question, yes, that's totally fine! Go right ahead! 

Archived