ETL V Brief - Blood Angels

Jolemai

I hope to give them the paint job they have long deserved! Liking the new avatar Charlo - do you have any idea who the second model is? I was planning on making him a DC Tycho.

He was the golden armoured captain before Tycho was even a thing. The inspiration came from the cover of Warhammer 40K: Compilation (1991)

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=warhammer.40K.a.compendium&client=ms-android-hms-tef-gb&prmd=sivn&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwjgsbGRlOLMAhWiC8AKHbX7C7IQ_AUICCgC&biw=360&bih=559#tbm=isch&q=warhammer+40k+compilation&imgrc=oWbqq_UIFkipjM%3A

Shortly after the model came out (your model). Then around 1996 the Codex: Angels of Death book appeared (first Codex for the BA and DA published together). This included the profile for the character Tycho, and an update on the model you posted above became "his" model.

I can vow

3 x 10 Tacticals from the Calth box (40k Rules). From them 3 x Melta 3 x Combimelta, 1 Heavy Flamer, 2 Flamer  they are only primed red.

I have also some primed VV with already painted Powerweapons so i don´t think they count.

Do i have to do something special to throw them in the vow?

By the sound of it it's actually possible that the VVs are OK, but we'd (and by that I mean Semper) need an image to confirm it.

Otherwise, you need to head over to the BA Strategium and make your vow before the 15th June (and importantly, before you do anymore work on them). You will need a starting image and to make your vow - here's mine as an example:

I, Reclusiarch Jolemai, first of his name rise to the challenge of E TENEBRAE LUX and vow to complete one squad of Terminators with an assault cannon, heavy flamer and two chainfists from Codex: Blood Angels of total value 440 points on or before August 15th, 2016. Success will bring eternal glory to ETL Faction Blood Angels and failure will doom me to bear the Badge of the Oathbreaker until my vow is complete.

gallery_62972_9848_68443.jpg

Basically, you need to lay out your name, what you vow is, what source book used and what total points cost (in addition to an image - note that it doesn't have to be fancy).

Right folks, we're a week in and doing OK but this will all be for nothing if you don't sign up! I'm calling on all those who expressed an interest in this thread over the past month to step up to the plate and defend our ancestral home, Baal, from the heretic, traitor and misaligned.

For without you, we are nothing.

Don't worry about the boo-koos of points other threads have vowed. We are already in a higher % of completion (which counts for something) I Want us to have a strong showing, even though we are traditionally in the lower tiers. I don't know anyone outside of the current regulars so I have no recruiting skill at this level. I'm sorry Jolemai. But if I did I'd totally recruit!

• 2 weeks later...

Just one week left to join our ETL cause.

26681463045_c2fbec1a39_z.jpg

Just one week left to obtain your BA-flavoured Oath of Moment banner

http://i1322.photobucket.com/albums/u573/mandaloriano/Signatures/Signature_zpsgyhcopnh.jpg

Just one week left register your pledged character against another in a fight of honour, courage and bravery to overcome all odds

Feast of Blades 2016: Baal

Just one week left to help Charlo complete the most amazing vow known to ETL-kind

Baalhemian Rhapsody

Just one week...

Something crossed my mind today in regards to the way the ETL is now structured.

The AoD (Horus Heresy) section is on track to be the largest of ALL the forum sections, also the point value of HH units is on average much higer then 40k units. By next ETL it would seem that even being as popular as the other 40k sections there would be almost no way to get a fair shake. I believe this is probably because it would be as if every First Founding Chapter in 40k was assembled into one forum and Chaos was included as well.

I know it would balance out if you were allowed to pledge 30k units for your Legion in the applicable sub forum, ie pledging 30k Blood Angels in the Blood Angels Forum or even Pledgeing Traitor 30k Legions to the Chaos forum. But then that leaves no reason for the AoD forum. I really don't know the way this could be addressed, but I feel that it is something which will have to be in the future.

Thoughts?

Something crossed my mind today in regards to the way the ETL is now structured.

The AoD (Horus Heresy) section is on track to be the largest of ALL the forum sections, also the point value of HH units is on average much higer then 40k units. By next ETL it would seem that even being as popular as the other 40k sections there would be almost no way to get a fair shake. I believe this is probably because it would be as if every First Founding Chapter in 40k was assembled into one forum and Chaos was included as well.

I know it would balance out if you were allowed to pledge 30k units for your Legion in the applicable sub forum, ie pledging 30k Blood Angels in the Blood Angels Forum or even Pledgeing Traitor 30k Legions to the Chaos forum. But then that leaves no reason for the AoD forum. I really don't know the way this could be addressed, but I feel that it is something which will have to be in the future.

Thoughts?

Echoed exactly what I've been thinking really.

Though the Heresy section certainly has harder to fall with all the possible non-completions, the sheer myriad of things you can pledge is quite unfair. Like you said it's all of the first founding, plus chaos. But it is ALSO Solar Auxillia, Militia & Cults (which could be just about anything), Mechanicum, Knights and Titans.

The game is also designed for higher points so average vows will be a little larger too.

Even just a split down as:

• Loyalist
  • Traitor
  • Imperial Army
  • Mechanicus

Would be a little fairer perhaps, but who knows? This is one for Semper next year!

Thoughts?

Echoed exactly what I've been thinking really.

Though the Heresy section certainly has harder to fall with all the possible non-completions, the sheer myriad of things you can pledge is quite unfair. Like you said it's all of the first founding, plus chaos. But it is ALSO Solar Auxillia, Militia & Cults (which could be just about anything), Mechanicum, Knights and Titans.

The game is also designed for higher points so average vows will be a little larger too.

Even just a split down as:

• Loyalist
  • Traitor
  • Imperial Army
  • Mechanicus

Would be a little fairer perhaps, but who knows? This is one for Semper next year!

Well the monkey wrench in it all is that within the AoD forum, any one of the various "factions" could be either Traitor or Loyal. You could have Traior Mechanicum just as you could have Loyal World Eaters within the 30k setting, then you have Blackshield which would be their own Faction which can be either alliegence.

But you're right, ultimately Semper would have to make the call or ask what each Forum Mod thought.

Final call for Blood Angels recruits during the Time of Challenge!

To be reading this you have made your way to Angel’s Fall across the rad-deserts, a process that weeds out the weakest. The hazards of the desert are many, and it takes a forum member of extraordinary skill and courage to even reach the Place of Challenge. Once there you have vied for the 60 or so places that are available. Should you succeed you are taken up in Sky Chariots; but should you fail you are left behind either to guard the place of testing or to make your way back to your own forum.

With places still available, time is of the essence. Make that final push, the timer until our departure has begun.

GATES CLOSE IN JUST OVER EIGHT HOURS at the time of writing for those interested in ETL V participation.

Gate closure: 1700 UTC (1000 PDT, 1200 CDT, 1300 EDT, 1800 BST, 1900 CEST, (16/06) 0100 AWST, 0230 ACST 0300 AEST)

Archived