Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

Acebaur, this is a quick Google search that led me to 1d4chan on the matter:

" The game can be exploited to do hilarious things, like caber-tossing Chaos Lords in Terminator armor almost 200 meters, or Assault Marines running at 276 km/h."

And this is caber-tossing (not the links above, apparently my c&p of the 1d4chan post imbedded their hyperlinks)

Acebaur, this is a quick Google search that led me to 1d4chan on the matter:

" The game can be exploited to do hilarious things, like caber-tossing Chaos Lords in Terminator armor almost 200 meters, or Assault Marines running at 276 km/h."

And this is caber-tossing (not the links above, apparently my c&p of the 1d4chan post imbedded their hyperlinks)

Well as said, that's an exploit, just like having a GC toe in to ruins for a cover save. Except the difference is that you have a DM who should step in at that point and not allow stupid stuff like that. ;)

Mhm. And FFG should have an editor who steps in and cuts off stupid stuff like Blood of Martyrs.

Well the stupid parts of Blood of Martyrs. It does have good info on the non-militant Ordos.

Then again it makes Diaglous Sisters among the very few humans who can speak/understand the Eldar tongue...Friggin dirty witch speak that ism

Surely any 'good' things in BoM is based on the same basic fallacies as the rest of the book though.

I think the non-militant Ordos fluff is well written but then again it's not like we have much else to base that off of.

IIRC, KrautScientist did a very good looking Sister conversion using Kabalite Warrior legs and rear torso half, a specific Wych front torso half, and pauldron-less Spess Mehren arms. It looked really, really good, though it'd be somewhat expensive to replicate en masse. Not sure what the head was either.

Regarding Sister designs, I'm personally rather fond of the existing miniatures overall aesthetic (except for that one model with the...questionable facesculpt). They fit 40K's over-the-top, simultaneously comical and morbid theme very well in my opinion, and I wouldn't want to see a hypothetical SoB plastic kit deviate too much from the look set by the metal models. Whilst I don't like overly "sexy" Sisters, and I cringe whenever I see Sister conversions with cleavage, exposed thighs and high heels (though I give a pass to the old cover art for the ancient 2nd ed codex because that art was metal) I do think they should keep just a little of the BDSM/dominatrix aesthetic of the old-school designs. That said I would like to see Sister power armour made a tad more bulky; not to Space Marine levels but just to the level of the 3rd edition art, and I'd also like to see theoretical plastic Sisters have some kind of armoured ribbing on the torso (whilst I do dig the whole armoured corset schtick of the current models, I do wonder how on earth they move in those things!).

TLDR: Sister models need to be a bit bulkier/more believable whilst not sacrificing what makes Sisters, well, Sisters as opposed to generic female Space Marines.

Think of the corset as being like a tabard or surcoat. It's not actually constricting, it's a leather of layer around the outside of the armour for decorative purposes.

Ah, that makes sense- I thought it was a literal metal corset, and all I could think was "How do they turn their waists?". Having leather over the top of segmented armour makes a lot more sense.

Another example of why Raging Hormones doesn't really pull off the "Sisters of Battle" feel (thanks Facebook for shoving this as an ad post in my face btw):

http://i.imgur.com/wVNfjdP.jpg

I'm pretty sure she's not actually wearing a shirt. And while Repentia can get away with such lack of clothing, someone who is supposed to be wearing Power Armor shouldn't be.

If I ever got these I'd use them for a Chaos Heretics Army and only run them with Sub-Flak armor at most.

Another example of why Raging Hormones doesn't really pull off the "Sisters of Battle" feel (thanks Facebook for shoving this as an ad post in my face btw):

I'm pretty sure she's not actually wearing a shirt. And while Repentia can get away with such lack of clothing, someone who is supposed to be wearing Power Armor shouldn't be.

If I ever got these I'd use them for a Chaos Heretics Army and only run them with Sub-Flak armor at most.

Oh dear.

I'm no SJW, and I've got nothing against sexy models (I am a Slaanesh player after all) but...for :cuss: sake. It's a real pity, because these are still some of the most "on-model" Sister proxy models out there (Dreamforge's look a bit too generic sci-fi for me) and from the looks of the promo pics, the sculpts are actually really good. Heck, all that model needs to look good is actual armour on the torso; the calves, arms, head and accessories all look extremely Sisteresque.

Maybe some day (assuming GeeDubs doesn't by some miracle update the Sisters) I'll make my own Sister proxy parts/models and hopefully find a way to distribute them. Today, however, is not that day.

(Note to self: get better at sculpting/3D modelling.)

Yeah, REALLY good sculpts but they have gone way past just idealizing the concept of power armored battle nuns in space. In all honesty I'm not too sure why they went this route for the army, but it basically throws them out as "Sisters" since the few concepts I've seen don't actually wear armor beyond the knee high battle heels and the armored shoulders/arms.

Yeesh, that sounds...lame. (I haven't actually seen most of their models so I can't fully comment- all I've seen of them has been on this forum.) I mean, if they'd offered perfectly sensible Sisters and then released some of the skimpy versions as extras/incentives (like Kingdom Death's monster pinup models and Hasslefree's nude versions of their models) I could understand, but having all the Sisters just running around half-armoured by default is just silly. This isn't Kill la Kill- shamelessness won't stop bullets!

(Though a Canoness inspired by a less ludicrously attired Satsuki Kiryuin would be truly awesome.)

Argh, if only Victoria Lamb were making Not-Sisters. From what I've seen of her work she's a superb sculptor.

What you fail to realize is that Raging Heroes is not trying to make Sisters of Battle for 40k. They are making their own mini's unrelated to anything gw related. Some of them happen to look like decent alternatives to Sisters. No one ever said they all would.

What you fail to realize is that Raging Heroes is not trying to make Sisters of Battle for 40k. They are making their own mini's unrelated to anything gw related. Some of them happen to look like decent alternatives to Sisters. No one ever said they all would.

Yup, they are making their own game based on the models. I think for now they have a line somewhere saying they are selling proxy models though.

Yes, clearly raging heroes has no intent of tapping into one of the world's largest wargames with their product. It isn't like their three lines match up nicely to three of the existing gw lines in both fantasy and 40k.... ;)

Yes, clearly raging heroes has no intent of tapping into one of the world's largest wargames with their product. It isn't like their three lines match up nicely to three of the existing gw lines in both fantasy and 40k.... ;)

Exactly. Even if they really have no intentions of tapping into GW's market the fact is Rampaging Hormones gets bandied about the most as THE Sisters alternative and I felt like pointing out why it isn't as true as advertised.

Oh, but they look so much like Sisters! They're gothic-nun-themed warrior women, after all!

Ugh, and I had someone calling me a sex-shamer (not the word they used, but there was profanity there) for arguing against sexualised sister proxies the other day.

It's not like paying penance for their time as harem girls in the Reign of Blood is a core concept of the Adepta Sororitas or anything, after all. They should be free to be sexified if they want to.

Oh, but they look so much like Sisters! They're gothic-nun-themed warrior women, after all!

Ugh, and I had someone calling me a sex-shamer (not the word they used, but there was profanity there) for arguing against sexualised sister proxies the other day.

It's not like paying penance for their time as harem girls in the Reign of Blood is a core concept of the Adepta Sororitas or anything, after all. They should be free to be sexified if they want to.

I always hate how people try to use "sex"-shaming as a defense for things. Here's my deal: I find women plenty attractive, but that doesn't mean I want to play an army of women who look less like heavilly armored religious zealots and more like strippers.

Basically no ones kinks really belong in a game of plastic space people. If you find X sexy fine, but don't get mad when others don't want to use the model because it doesn't fit how they want to view the game.

I always hate how people try to use "sex"-shaming as a defense for things. Here's my deal: I find women plenty attractive, but that doesn't mean I want to play an army of women who look less like heavilly armored religious zealots and more like strippers.

Basically no ones kinks really belong in a game of plastic space people. If you find X sexy fine, but don't get mad when others don't want to use the model because it doesn't fit how they want to view the game.

You said this better than i could have.

I have practice in these sorts of things sadly. Mostly from dealing with tumblr trying to saying rather crazy things I won't get into here and trying to correct the misconceptions they cause without resorting to nothing but swear words.

What really annoys me, even beyond being accused of shaming, is when people try and apply real-world ethics and morals to in-universe 40k stuff.

It doesn't work. The Sororitas are a tightly regimented, completely controlled group with certain prejudices and motivations. If you want an army of sexualised warrior 'nuns' who Mother Teresa all the poor little mutants and amputees, fine. But don't try and claim they're fluff accurate Adepta Sorortas, kay? Ugh.

Archived