Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

Couldn't agree more with Squigsquasher , and it's not for lack of trying.

I have attempted to fit Battle female heads on sanguinary guard and the likes (for the wings for a seraphim conversion ) and even with a lot of filing and sculpting the body is disproportionately big compared to the head - looks like the sister hit the Olympic gym and the pharmacy in East-Germany :) Even filing away the torso plate to make the breasts appear as in the original sisters armor (so a female breastplate ) the head is tiny and it looks ugly. The legs and arms are not only too thick, the length is off as well for a human scale head. I have abandoned the project after quite some trials.

I also toyed around with elves , the female models being quite slender, but there I had a hard time making them look like in an armor and not in a parka (I'm quite bad a sculpting greenstuff ;) )

In the GW catalogue my favorites for sister conversions are wood elves and their heir , they have slender bodies and tight&light armor, the males and females look almost alike and most kits can make either, and the hands are generally away from the body so the weapons are easy to replace.

10sisters of avelorn are 20%cheaper than a 10-strong BSS so it's worth a shot. They require some work to cover the arms if you use bolters with gloved hands on them.

Edit: and their archer poses can fit a bolter quite easily

Shadow warriors are also more fit for conversion than SMs as their scale is more accurate. It's the same kit as the previous one anyway.

Sisters of the thorn are splendid but more expensive, and you'll end up with a herd of deer ;)

Witch aelves are heresy , but then they're barely clothed so they'll be repentia anyway ;)

Edit: of course this is for my view of the sisters where the body-fitting armor is part of their identity, even if one could imagine orders where customization has been part of their background. I'd want my warrior girls to be immediately recognized and feared if I were their canoness

It might be a little bit, I've got to sit down and wrap my head around it, plus I'm planning to start my GKs soon, but I'll make a topic in here as soon as I start. I have enough BAC marines sitting in a box to make my whole AS force, just need to order some heads and green stuff.

I would like to see the results of isolia's ideas.

I will dig up the failed attempt at the SM conversion, my elf stuff is hiding in a cardboard box so it'll require more digging ;)

Edit : here she is, though she's lost a wing and met some glue in the Misc box :/ (legs are basic , couldn't find the trimmed/thinned pair )

Having her breastplate to scale with the body makes her look like she's been on the heavy end of silicone implants, must have been popular among Commissar wannabes during her years in the Schola Progenium ..

IMAG1065_1.jpg

IMAG1067_1.jpg

Thanks, it's not ugly as a nurgle party but it looks off to me, and I'm just not patient enough to make it look better , either - the members feel too long for my taste , but then I'm used to our stocky little metal nuns :)

Or maybe it's just the armor that lacks the delicate slim fit and details for our zealots

To be honest, Kabalite warriors look like the would work really well for it too, it's probably been thought of already. At least in terms of keeping the thin armor look.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-US/Shadow-Warriors

These might work well too.

Indeed, these are the same box as sisters of the thorn so there are even female heads in there :) lots of options with this set.

Oh yeah kabalites could do well too , though I prefer less angular armor, but the body is definitely the right size

I always get thrown off by the multi kit boxes. I guess you could cut them off at the wrist and use the same arms for the shadow warriors? Or at the elbow and use SM arms and weapons. I agree, if I was going for the small PA look, I would prefer the first one over the kabalites, I think, I'm mostly brainstorming cause it's fun. :)

Grishnak makes realy nice Sisters of Battle. FW tier or better.

Where can you buy the Grishnak Sisters?

I know there were recasters selling them. I don't play sisters, but I remember when he made some of them they looked realy nice.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I haven't been able to read all the way through yet but has anyone just used female heads on SM PA? I haven't been able to find it in my searches, but it makes sense to me. I don't see any reason why(when back in RT days they had females in power armor that looked normal) it has to look completely different. I figured if I baroque'd up some SM PA, add some of the little things like sleeves and such, and just use female heads. I've never understood the female armor thing, I was in the army, the women wore the same ACH and jacket as me, it didn't mold to their bodies. I think it should be smaller, because it doesn't have all the same features as SM armor, but...I've always been against that, and more of a fan of the Brienne of Tarth deal.

Anyway, end rant, back to the topic, has anyone run into using SM PA for it?

I have used some female heads on SM PA models before and still are. Be in mind. I find the heads from the Dark Eldar Range works, when holding the size of the head up against the armor. To then have to make them look like sisters with sleeves and cloth having from their belts will require a substantial amount of work :smile.:.

Miyu2

Sister Astartes with plasma

deathwatch sister2

champion

Archived