Alternative Sisters

Sororita Katya

Why on earth would any Guardsman have a problem with an Angel that tears the enemies of mankind to shrebbons?

'Cause she's been preached at for years by both her priests and commissars to abhor the mutant, witch, and alien? The Angel is unnatural and thus probably one of those from her in universe perspective. If she wasn't properly wary she'd be at serious risk of a summary execution for heresy.

yeah, but that is not how it works. You can look like a cross between a hedghog and a paper bag of detrius, but if your recognised as X your X. Humans have no problem with sanguinius having wings and not being a mutant.

Now this of course does not mean she, or other saints in history, weren't at a huge risk of exection. There is nothing that rises the ire of official church, then someone suddenly poping up being hailed to be the hand/eyes/prophet of God. Not even other church members do that. In fact counter acting a saint is probably one of the few things that can unite different branches of church to act as one.

Since it been some post where an actuall alternativ model has been shown i will combo break and throw in another alternativ model i havent seen between all the post not showing alternativ models :P

http://privateerpress.com/files/products/41090_AshlynnWEB.jpg

Looks like you might pass that off as power armour that has been modified to fit in on a feudal world . . . but the sword guard looks like something off a cutlass, while the slord is obviously NOT a cutlass. It's a little disorienting.

Since it been some post where an actuall alternativ model has been shown i will combo break and throw in another alternativ model i havent seen between all the post not showing alternativ models :tongue.:

http://privateerpress.com/files/products/41090_AshlynnWEB.jpg

I've long been tempted to buy a tonne of Warmahordes stuff for use as conversion fodder, especially as a Chaos player. Menoth stuff in particular is perfect for Sisters. As it happens I'm not a huge fan of Warmahordes models "as is" but I think the parts are great for conversions.

Has anyone linked the war-ex minis?
They have a bunch of good looking female Inquisitors, some are well over the top but a few I think are quite good.

They also have a few different Sisters, mainly this one, one with flamer, a canoness and a repentia

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nDIAAOSwqv9V6ET6/s-l1600.jpg

Has anyone linked the war-ex minis?

They have a bunch of good looking female Inquisitors, some are well over the top but a few I think are quite good.

They also have a few different Sisters, mainly this one, one with flamer, a canoness and a repentia

http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/nDIAAOSwqv9V6ET6/s-l1600.jpg

Pretty cool!

Ehhhhh. The sculpting on that one is kinda mushy (the backpack in particular being a disgrace), and the face is horrendous.

I was just trying to be positive, but I'd say you're right.

Didn't look too hard the first time since I'm only going to use gw models anyway

I think this was one of their early works, I wouldn't be buying these either.
Though I plan to get one or two of their Inquisitors for myself

My only concern is that that particular Sister is covered in Crux Terminatus' or something that looks like it.

I noticed that too. And that the shoulder guard approaches Anime levels of silliness :lol:

Not sure if it is strictly an "alternative" sister... but I came across these 3rd party bits for converting a bolter-armed sister into a meltagun-armed sister... they look pretty good.  

http://cdn.shopify.com/s/files/1/0523/3629/products/sMelta_Set_001_large.jpg?v=1455017704

LINK

That'd be a useful tool for turning Stormbolters into Combi-Meltas, though! Given that's essentially what I do for mine.

Now that's a good idea. Also, I've never worried about slight irregularities in weapon shape/configuration. The galaxy is a big place and if Forge World has shown us anything there are a bunch of different variants of weapons/tanks throughout the Imperium depending on what forge worlds/manufactoriums are nearby.

That'd be a useful tool for turning Stormbolters into Combi-Meltas, though! Given that's essentially what I do for mine.

Now that's a good idea. Also, I've never worried about slight irregularities in weapon shape/configuration. The galaxy is a big place and if Forge World has shown us anything there are a bunch of different variants of weapons/tanks throughout the Imperium depending on what forge worlds/manufactoriums are nearby.

Visually, I've always really disliked the combi weapons with the combi part on top. Just seems wrong to me

Visually, I've always really disliked the combi weapons with the combi part on top. Just seems wrong to me

Yeah, the competitive shooter in me always cringes at those.

I like to make my own. They take a few hours, but I cannibalize all those unused bolters and special pistols from my death company boxes.

Relemin 1

On the topic of the alt models, has anyone had any issues with fielding alternative models? Some people seem grumpy about using alt models?

I've come up against alternative models a few times (not Sisters specifically though) and never personally had any issue.  The people using them haven't reported any either... 

I think really it comes down to how much effort has gone in, and whether the alt models are clearly identifiable as the "official" model that they're supposed to represent...  

If you have an army of Lego Men with guns and call it "imperial guard", maybe not so much...

if you've used a 3rd party bitz/model company to make a cool and unique collection, but I'm left scratching my head trying to figure out which ones are lasguns and which are meltaguns - right after I've parked an immolator in front of the squad - then it might be an issue.

But if someone has used non-GW product to represent something in a way that makes sense, and is easy to keep track of - I say go for it.  Bonus points if it has an awesome paintjob, and if they're a cool person to play against.

I've not had any issue yet with my dreamforge girls. I have it laid out for specific things though. Armor colors being red is cavalry/bike units, tan is infantry, white for air vehicles. Then all the leadership units have a single style black helmet. The dominions have red topped gas mask helmets. My Blood claw/melee girls all have chainswords and pistols. Basically everything is very specific to what it should be even though 90% of my army is the same armor style. To top it all off all the weapons are wysiwyg so you can easily point out a melta vs a boltgun.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to read all the way through yet but has anyone just used female heads on SM PA? I haven't been able to find it in my searches, but it makes sense to me. I don't see any reason why(when back in RT days they had females in power armor that looked normal) it has to look completely different. I figured if I baroque'd up some SM PA, add some of the little things like sleeves and such, and just use female heads. I've never understood the female armor thing, I was in the army, the women wore the same ACH and jacket as me, it didn't mold to their bodies. I think it should be smaller, because it doesn't have all the same features as SM armor, but...I've always been against that, and more of a fan of the Brienne of Tarth deal.

Anyway, end rant, back to the topic, has anyone run into using SM PA for it?

Well it is worth noting that Sororitas, being normal humans, are considerably smaller than Space Marines (at least in theory). Thus, Space Marine power armour would be far too large for a Battle Sister (not to mention incompatible due to the interfaces that require a black carapace). Also, from a purely subjective aesthetic point of view, Spess Mehrens but with female heads are kinda boring. Part of what makes the Sisters interesting are their unique armour designs.

Archived