ETL 5, The Master Thread. Strategium is now UP!

Dantay VI

The question of what can be vowed has been coming up a lot recently, so I wanted to drop you a quick update to make sure that you are aware of what you can vow in the ETL.

Basically when you make a vow for the Space Wolves faction, you are allowed to vow:

Any legal unit from Codex Space Wolves

Any legal unit from a Space Wolves supplement

Any SPACE WOLF unit from Imperial Armour 11 Doom of Mymeara, units from other factions are not allowed to be vowed, so no Guard units as allies

Any vehicle from Imperial Armour volume 2 second Edition, which is specifically marked as being allowed to be used by the Space Wolves

Space Wolf Contemptor dreadnaught from Imperial Armour Apocalypse.

Imperial Knights

Cypher.

Fortifications

If it is NOT in this list then you cannot vow it. If you are unsure then please post it up on the forum here and I am sure someone will be able to answer you, such as the event organiser Captain Semper, one of our esteemed mods, Wolf Lord Kieran or Rune_priest_Rhapsody or any number of our most learned Wolves.

Have fun smile.png

First simple vow will be:-

Ragnar Blackmane - 195 points

Cypher the Fallen - 190 points

Harald Deathwolf - 190 points

Murderfang - 135 points

Iron Priest on TWM - 125 points

3x TWC - 2 Storm Shields, 1 Thunder Hammer, 1 pair of Wolf Claws - 210 points

TOTAL - 1045 points

Once this is complete I'll put up another vow

Shouldn't we just wait for the actual ETL thread to hit as there are already several threads about ETL ... pre ETL etc etc .... it's nearly upon us so lets get it all done in the official thread rather than spamming 2 threads with the same posts essentially?

not trying to be a dick ... just mentioning that repetition can become tedius.

Amarog. That is a fair comment. It is more to do with there being a lot of questions with regards to what can be vowed and what can't.

I just figured a dedicated thread for that might make it clearer for folks, especially if it is all in one place, rather than 5 posts asking if assassins can be vowed etc.. I apologise if this is annoying folks, just though it would be a good idea

Amarog. That is a fair comment. It is more to do with there being a lot of questions with regards to what can be vowed and what can't.

I just figured a dedicated thread for that might make it clearer for folks, especially if it is all in one place, rather than 5 posts asking if assassins can be vowed etc.. I apologise if this is annoying folks, just though it would be a good idea

no fair point. i retract my comment ... put it down to too long out on the hunt. I shall retire to the great hall and fill my tankard with ale!

as you were.

I want it said that I am greatly happy with the enthusiasm shown thus far in preparing for the ETL.

In past contests, I have spoken negatively about the Wolves performance and wished for greater participation. Now that I see this thread, the efforts of Dantay to rally the Wolves, and the denizens of the Fang responding with gusto, I am again happy to be a part of something so special as the Fang. We've built a nice community here.

However, some of the enthusiasm here has almost reached zealous levels, and that is best left to our religious brethren in sun dresses.

If a Wolf has chosen not to volunteer for the ETL, has not posted his support in this thread, I ask that we respectful their decision. It is near impossible, but I have seen it happen, that some frater are unaware of the ETL. If they question it, then by all means explain the process and direct them to Dantay's threads. They would be most welcome. But if a frater shows no interest in participating, we must respect that decision. 

That means we do not repeatedly ask them, or pm them and discuss it further. 

We may be a pack of Wolves, but we must acknowledge and respect our differences.

with that said, to victory!

Do we have to put the point amount when we vow?

Also, do the first pictures require a date in the image for proof?

I'm think of vowing my mounted iron priest, stand in for ca is, and maybe wulfen or murder and initially

Do we have to put the point amount when we vow?

Also, do the first pictures require a date in the image for proof?

I'm think of vowing my mounted iron priest, stand in for ca is, and maybe wulfen or murder and initially

-When we vow, we put both the points for the unit/character, and a final tally of the total vow

-as this is a fun event, that hasnt been a requirement in the past as far as I am aware. That said, if any Wolf would try and cheat he would face public humiliation and a loss of respect from his peers.

That sounds like an excellent vow.

Can we paint assassins as a vow for the wolves?

No. Assasins fall under the "Agents of the Imperium" Forum that is a component of the Imperial Forces Faction (IFOR). You can however do them as an out-of-competition entry. It will earn you no points but you get to paint what you want! :)

--------------

Edit: following on WLK post, when I said to cut down the PMs and do everything overtly, I meant it. If people are interested they know where to go by now.

Well sheep are definitely getting spooked by the wolves ...

I cannot stress enough the amount of shame that will befall us if the SWs beat us this year.

Knights will get us a long way but the important thing is to have as many participants as possible! So all Unforgiven must gather and support the effort. The Lion will not find us wanting!

I almost have all of my Betrayal at Calth box built. now if I can just manage to get those 3 Deimos pattern Rhinos built I will have some great items to vow for my first ETL. I'm really looking forward to this!

Those skirt-wearing, Lion-son ninnies will learn the fury of the Howl of the Aett, and that our bite is even fiercer than our bark!

Archived