The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

And no need for them either!!!

No way man, they may not be as sturdy but they'll still see play.

I was refering to the brakes :huh.: :blush.:

Hahaha sorry! I went all poppa bear there for a second, no one insults my babies... :P

Off topic, but where'd you get your paint pot holders from???

I think this was it but:

48 Bottles of 6 Layers Nail Polish Rack-Clear Nail Polish Display

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B06WVN2KJH/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_FzuFBbCG8G7FH

Would you believe I got some looks from the old lady? :D

I think this was it but:

Would you believe I got some looks from the old lady? :biggrin.:

I just bought some nail polish remover to strip some minis, the girl in the shop asked "did you find everything you needed today?" I heard the subtext of "we sell nail polish that would match your eyes sir". :biggrin.:

Edited by sbarnby71

I think this was it but:

Would you believe I got some looks from the old lady? :biggrin.:

I just bought some nail polish remover to strip some minis, the girl in the shop asked "did you find everything you needed today?" I heard the subtext of "we sell nail polish that would match your eyes sir". :biggrin.:

and thanks for the hint on the rack, just ordered one.

Haha no problem! The worst I had it was I went to a scrapbook store to find clear crackle paint way before GW sold it for bases. I got a serious Deliverance-esque "We don't take kindly to your "types" 'round here" vibe, so I feel you.

In HS I would get :cuss for going to Micheals every week too but thats died off. 

[quote name="FearPeteySodes" post="5151053" timestamp="

In HS I would get :cuss for going to Micheals every week too but thats died off.

My response as a guy going to Michael’s has been “Do you know how many single mother’s go to Michael’s? Do you know how much they love a guy that can talk about crafting with them?”

Yeah I’ve gotten a few dates by going to Michael’s

[quote name="FearPeteySodes" post="5151053" timestamp="

In HS I would get :censored: for going to Micheals every week too but thats died off.

My response as a guy going to Michael’s has been “Do you know how many single mother’s go to Michael’s? Do you know how much they love a guy that can talk about crafting with them?”

Yeah I’ve gotten a few dates by going to Michael’s

We've got Hobbycraft over in the UK, there are a lot of good looking girls into crafting, so I don't mind a trip there now and again. :biggrin.:

• 2 weeks later...

So I'm still working on painting shield dread 2 but in the meantime its still easier to move around the modelling supplies. Babies ammirite?

I'm also done kidding myself and know that I do need some wulfen for most cases to stay competitive, so the Wulfen Project is restarted! Still not a fan of the current range so we're working on some throwback tributes. Give me Eye of Terror rampaging, chaos murdering, heretic looting, murderers all day everyday:

med_gallery_2327_11680_95459.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_602380.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_299678.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_126930.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_340107.jpeg

A lot more to do on this guy, head/face, arms, flavor bits, etc. but I'm pretty pumped at how he's shaping up. This was a pose i'd been kicking around in my head for a while figuring out how to pull it off so im happy already it was at least doable haha.

Damn that is an amazing pose! Great stuff!

Yeah Wulfen aren't for everyone, new school or old school. I screwed around with paint jobs forever trying to find a balance for my own (plus a little bit of sculpting to add heels that turn the wolf legs into bare feet),so they looked more savage-barbarians that were slightly mutated rather than full blown wolfmen.

i'm also really partial to the primaris wulfen people are making these days.

Edited by Wispy

Fantastic dynamic pose on this one Fear. I’m really looking forward to see how these come out.

You not going to use the Wulfen heads you made? They were great.

Those went on the previous guys. I’m realizing now I didn’t post pics, derp.

This is probably my favourite wolves log at the moment, really inspiring. I love the personality of the combi weapon wolf guard squad.

Have you got a list post-codex of what you run at 2000 points?

Dang thanks, we have the best of the best around here so that means a lot! I’ve been kicking around a couple but my next tournament is a 1650 and a 1k team. I’ve been mostly stress testing certain combos atm like wolf guard with stacking bubbles, etc. this Monday I’m hoping to try a long fang fire base with a sicaran and a land speeder storm, as well as trying a list with a flyer wing and wulfen bomb.

So here were the other wulfen I had previously:

med_gallery_2327_11680_241660.jpeg

Thats where the previous heads went. Im not too sure about them atm. I'm going to finish the rest before doubling back for a final judgement. The mixed primaris and old marine isnt super doing it for me and I may just stick to the EoT throwbacks. Creepy looming pack leader is ok but taking away from how dynamic i can make the unit. His torso may get transplanted.

A bit more rough work on the leaper:

med_gallery_2327_11680_453342.jpeg

And then I got started on this guy:

med_gallery_2327_11680_416938.jpeg

Pose is a bit hard to photograph but you get the idea. Hopefully not leaning to far into chaos here but I figured itd be pretty striking. I like to keep the grimdark and wulfen are pretty damn dark. I figured a nice fenrisian hair style would leaven it out a bit.

And for my last experiment of the last day or so: The StormHawk-Raven

med_gallery_2327_11680_223821.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_886823.jpeg

I have no idea if this will work but I did a team tourney prep game where i ran:

1 Stormwolf

2 Hawks

Wolf Priest

5 Wulfen

5 BC

It was pretty awesome, and I loved the image of the somewhat lupine Stormwolf flanked by 2 "ravens" so I figured I'd lean into it. Integratng a raven head on the cockpit, almost Imperial navy style. In this case I think the beak is too big so im going to do another on smaller covering only that forward bit vs. the whole front.

Who knows, it may be silly and I'll have to rip it off but its a good exercise anyways.

I see your going for the 'replacing equipment with chaos parts found in the warp' route for your Wulfen/13th company. The berseker head with the teeth is a great bit, I love those helmets so it's great you can use it. I also like the undercut hair style on him.

Looking at your Stormhawk is making me say the words 'Airwolf' in my head, I think that was a show in the 90s about a helicopter. Anyway. Looks great. Is that just super smooth green stuff you've done? Another tough decision if you go for it will be how to paint it.

All looking great here, business as usual.

I see your going for the 'replacing equipment with chaos parts found in the warp' route for your Wulfen/13th company. The berseker head with the teeth is a great bit, I love those helmets so it's great you can use it. I also like the undercut hair style on him.

Looking at your Stormhawk is making me say the words 'Airwolf' in my head, I think that was a show in the 90s about a helicopter. Anyway. Looks great. Is that just super smooth green stuff you've done? Another tough decision if you go for it will be how to paint it.

All looking great here, business as usual.

Thanks! Yea its just the start of the beak made with GS atm. Plan was to move up to doing the head and eyes next but I think first im going to be doing the smaller version to see how it looks. Paint wise I was thinking Gold/bronze but may also do black/onyx look if the gold is too flashy. I'll worry about that once i make sure the sculpt isnt too goofy to exist lol.

As for the chaos parts yea thats the idea! I love the old EoT book so damn much I wanted to keep it alive even though GW seems to want to bury it...

I still have my copy from when the campaign ran, also have 5 of the old metal wulfen sitting on my shelf. was annoyed when 13th company disappeared, then even more irritated when Wolves lost mark of te Wulfen rules, as I used the wulfen to represent the affected model in each squad :D

Those were the days

I like the idea that you have for the stormhawk, however when I first saw it, my thought was, that looks like a giant Tyranid skull trophy!!

You could use 2 sensor modules for the "nostrils" on the beak, but you also need the beak on the underside to really sell it