The Storm Stalkers - WiP Blog

Chain is a pain. Always takes longer than you think and your piece of chain is way shorter than it was when you started. You’ve been holding your breath for an hour and all you have to show for it is 20mm of chain attached to your mini (in my experience).

Not done the tattoo decoration myself so can’t help there. I’d guess Dantay VI would be able to help you with this one.

For me. Most designs I have used were tattoo designs sourced from internet searches or pinterest.

A few I have drawn up on masking tspe and cut out. Others I kept the design to hand and free handed it.

Almost always have a soft lead artists pencil to rough out the design before applying paint though.

Sakura micron pens are also very handy

Yea Krakendoom I do that too with the chain! It works well on examples like the RB but my Axedreads dread wolf amulet i constantly am thumbing as i play.

Cheers Dantay I was hoping you'd chime in! What your saying is pretty much what i was thinking too. I pretty frequently use pencils already for that sawtooth design.

Quick work update:

Fiiiiinally started on some Wolf Guard in between razorback painting. I've been using them in all my games but with filthy filthy proxies, so this is long overdue.

med_gallery_2327_11680_59911.jpeg

Making them out of the mk. III primarily but i thought it'd be cool to mix in the mk. IV legs as the fluff is pretty clear the III is cumbersome. Thought it would be pretty cool for the most seasoned and capable warriors of the route to tailor their armor a bit as such.

I'm currently pumping all my resources for power armor appropriate storm bolters :D

Thanks, it was great to position! Hard to find that middleground of making it not static but relating the immense weight and momentum.

The trim is plasticard and then gap filled with Vallejo plastic putty. Still need to sand and rivet it but overall its looking like what i was going for.

Hah well I’ll call my shot babe Ruth style since it’s not done.

Basically anytime I use green stuff I end up with some to spare. When I’m done, I use this to create cabling for later usually but I also make tiny, tiny balls. In the past I’ve taken a fresh xacto blade and split these in half and glued them down with like negative 5 glue....

Small WiP update:

Leviathan was a bit cold, so we have the first two stages of the pelt. Blocked out a rough "footprint" and did the first layer of fur. I usually overlap the fur like roof shingles so it lays correctly. He also got a bit more trim on the front sarcophagus. Still brainstorming on fun things to do to the lower chasis without overdoing it. More to come after the weekend!

med_gallery_2327_11680_190119.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_175738.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_113477.jpeg

Main pain point atm is modeling this while its still in a bunch of pieces. I want to paint the head separately but that means the top plate needs to be removable for the moment. Not sure yet how im going to sculpt the pelt around that but i will not be dissuaded!

Thanks for looking!

This guy is looking great. I particularly like the chain across the pelt. You can get that really integrated into the fur with the greenstuff. It’s coming along really well.

I hate any sort of awkward pre step like you have with the head needing to be removed. It normally adds years onto my projects.

Chain is a pain. Always takes longer than you think and your piece of chain is way shorter than it was when you started. You’ve been holding your breath for an hour and all you have to show for it is 20mm of chain attached to your mini (in my experience).

Not done the tattoo decoration myself so can’t help there. I’d guess Dantay VI would be able to help you with this one.

Mitre adhesive! It's used by builders to glue soffit etc so you're not stood on a ladder holding something for fifteen minutes. Sold as a spray then you put glue on and its solid in 30 seconds. Just spray into a tub, brush on, put glue on and set in seconds.

Love the thread btw. Way to go with the old school rhino chassis.

I think this guy is done!

med_gallery_2327_11680_91074.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_457902.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_593740.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_349801.jpeg

Aaaand the ETL Loadout....every little bit helps...

med_gallery_2327_11680_640418.jpeg

Super pleased with the results, it's hard to put something that cool down though. Im glad i did though, i think its the right amount of flavor.

Mitre adhesive! It's used by builders to glue soffit etc so you're not stood on a ladder holding something for fifteen minutes. Sold as a spray then you put glue on and its solid in 30 seconds. Just spray into a tub, brush on, put glue on and set in seconds.

Thanks for the tip! Does the glue gum up the chain or is it pretty thin?

I think this guy is done!

med_gallery_2327_11680_91074.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_457902.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_593740.jpeg

med_gallery_2327_11680_349801.jpeg

Aaaand the ETL Loadout....every little bit helps...

med_gallery_2327_11680_640418.jpeg

Super pleased with the results, it's hard to put something that cool down though. Im glad i did though, i think its the right amount of flavor.

Thanks for the tip! Does the glue gum up the chain or is it pretty thin?

That dreadnought is really cool. Thus thread is full of great conversions.

It's just superglue basically so the same rules apply but the spray makes it set super fast.

• 2 weeks later...

Some progress:

Rust Base - stage one:

med_gallery_2327_11680_176871.jpeg

Oooh now it smells like hairspray, X2 damage from flame weapons. Plus a basecoat:

med_gallery_2327_11680_263959.jpeg

Should get a ton of painting done tonight so thats going to be sweet. The current distraction is that i got these fools on ebay for cheap (theyre legit too dont worry)

med_gallery_2327_11680_839759.jpeg

Planning some HQ mounts. One is earmarked for my iron priest and the other likely a wolflord. Its going to be super stressful chopping them to pieces, theyre really pretty models.

Wow, your work is amazing! Where to start...I love the vehicles the snow is a great touch and the details of the doors, the wear and tear looks awesome and all the details you've added with the green stuff really sells it.

Seriously fantastic work, look foreword to seeing what else you got in the works :)