=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

Quick question - I want to pledge my Space Hulk terminators, but they don't break down into any kind of a valid unit entry (thanks two random assault guys sleep.png)... Do I just break them down into three squads and fill in the gaps with more termies?

Also, sorry if this isn't the place for this question

You can do that or you can just forgo the points the special equipment of one of your Termies (say that the Heavy Flamer counts-as a plain storm bolter). You'll get fewer points than those depicted on the models but at least you'll paint what you want. Frankly I'd rather you keep it wysiwyg and add termies to the lot if you have the flexibility. :)

I was thinking of pledging them as Commanders/Captains, just didn't anyone thinking I was grasping for points msn-wink.gif The more I think about it though, the more I like the idea of rounding out 3 squads.

Thanks for the advice! Here we go!

Captain, I have pledged an Exodous for my Alpha Legion. It is my intention to use the 30th Birthday marine as the Exodous as the combi disintergrator seems like a fitting weapon to use as "The Instrument" this is also how I will be representing Exodous in games I have using the Alpha Legion.

Will this be OK as part of my pledge?

Thanks

Vogon

Question

I am in the military overseas and about to head out on an exercise until early July. I want to vow some items I have on order but do not have on hand yet and I wont actually be able to post a photo of them until July 5th. May I pledge them now and put up a photo later (after the entry deadline) before I start working on them?

I would like them in my first vow as they are the next things I want to work on and I generally work on several things at once. I suppose I can make a very small first vow and finish it quickly then start those. Is that a viable solution? My preference though would be to add them to my initial vow.

Captain, I have pledged an Exodous for my Alpha Legion. It is my intention to use the 30th Birthday marine as the Exodous as the combi disintergrator seems like a fitting weapon to use as "The Instrument" this is also how I will be representing Exodous in games I have using the Alpha Legion.

Will this be OK as part of my pledge?

Thanks

Vogon

Yes, the 30th anniversary marine's weapon can easily count as any piece of exotic weaponry. Go right ahead. 

Question

I am in the military overseas and about to head out on an exercise until early July. I want to vow some items I have on order but do not have on hand yet and I wont actually be able to post a photo of them until July 5th. May I pledge them now and put up a photo later (after the entry deadline) before I start working on them?

I would like them in my first vow as they are the next things I want to work on and I generally work on several things at once. I suppose I can make a very small first vow and finish it quickly then start those. Is that a viable solution? My preference though would be to add them to my initial vow.

You can pledge now in order to commit and post the pics later when you have the time. But the commitment stands. You cannot change your vow later.

Alternatively you can do what you suggest if you have the flexibility. 

Your call :)

So silly question time!

I don't see Imperial Knights listed as a valid submission. Am I right in assuming that part of this is because of the massive points cost per unit and that they can nominally be allied with anything Imperial (or even Chaos)?

So silly question time!

I don't see Imperial Knights listed as a valid submission. Am I right in assuming that part of this is because of the massive points cost per unit and that they can nominally be allied with anything Imperial (or even Chaos)?

Nope, fortunately for all of us that is a wrong assumption... ;) It's in the fifth 'Important Note' on the first post. :tu: :d Steve Shields even made a vow with eight knights over at the Chaos Strategium... :p

So silly question time!

Nope, fortunately for all of us that is a wrong assumption... ;) It's in the fifth 'Important Note' on the first post. :tu: :d Steve Shields even made a vow with eight knights over at the Chaos Strategium... :p

Wel shoot... I thought I had read everything on that post. Guess I will certainly need to go back and re read it. Thanks!

No worries Slyen, feel free to ask any questions here. :D

The truth of the matter is that the Knights rules may be revisited for the next year. But for this year, the Knights are a Universal unit meaning that all factions have access to all Knights.  

Archived