=][= E Tenebrae Lux V =][=

+++SECOND WEEKLY UPDATE+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

After an explosive first week, the second week was a bit more low-key with 44 new participants joining. It appears that the HH is firmly in the lead with Chaos and the Codex factions in close pursuit. An ad hoc rivalry seems to be developing between the Dark Angels and the Space Wolves which is interesting… Both factions have a similar amount of participants but the Wolves appear to have more ammunition and a far better utilization of their resources! But it’s early on still so this rivalry would be fun to watch as it evolves.

So far the ETL has 353 participants and the total points pledged exceed 300k! Not only that but we already have 18.8k pts are completed already! The third week would be crucial for most factions as the recruitment period gradually contracts until it reaches the inevitable end on June 15th.

As mentioned last week I’d like to put together the Titan Order of the ETL – this is still in early stages but will be developed along with the event and hopefully by the end of it the Order will be officially established! In the meantime, all those who did Forgeworld Titans in the past ETLs as well as those who have pledged on this year, make yourselves known – this will be a fun process!

Now on to the weekly stats:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 2
Codex 60 64 42,171 2,210 5.2%
Blood Angels 36 38 20,715 818 3.9%
Dark Angels 44 46 30,641 565 1.8%
Space Wolves 45 45 39,187 3,000 7.7%
Forces of the Imperium 30 32 16,374 317 1.9%
Realm of Chaos 57 60 64,358 4,381 6.8%
Horus Heresy 81 87 87,344 7,519 8.6%
TOTAL 353 372 300,790 18,810 6.3%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

CODEX

The Codex is doing an excellent job! There, I said it. 60 participants at this stage is a very respectable number and a great foundation for what is to come. In fact they have the second highest level of participation overall in the ETL so far – not at all something to be sneered at. On top of that they have a decent completion rate at 5% although truth is, it is too early on in the event for completion rate to really matter. However, there is one point of concern: the average vow! Now, don’t get me wrong, it is not the lowest in the event, but it’s some 150pts lower than the ETL average. There are ways around this, for one recruitment is still going on which means that there is the chance of new entrants to raise the average vow naturally but there is also the “rapid fire” mode – i.e. early completions and re-vowing – even with smaller vows… This alone can bring the total completions higher and utilize the resource advantage of the Codex to maximum effect. Keep going and remember: the recruiting is not over! Here’s where the event may be won or lost!

BLOOD ANGELS

The Blood Angels seem to be in a tight spot. With 36 participants and the second lowest average vow they need to attempt a break-out! Recruitment is key here – but that’s OK as there is still plenty of time to bolster the numbers. On the re-vowing front the BAs are actually doing alright as a re-vowing rate of 6% at this stage of the event is a very respectable number. But if the disadvantage in numbers persists, it falls to the brave Captains that have already assumed the burden of the ETL to work hard to eliminate that disadvantage. Remember, vowing big is not necessarily the answer – if anything it increases the likelihood of failure… What is important is to make manageable vows (hopefully without reducing your average vow) and complete them in a timely fashion so you can re-vow and multiply the effect. If that is to work, having a “respectable” re-vowing rate won’t suffice. You need to increase it substantially to make this strategy work. Hopefully though the third week of the ETL will see more battle brothers joining the ranks and alleviating some of the burden of the first waves!

DARK ANGELS

Not bad. Not great either… The funny thing is that our average vow is 666pts! What is not so funny is that this is some 140pts below the ETL average which outlines a disadvantage. This is not as pronounced as for other factions, but still it means that the re-vowing rate of 5% is just too timid to make up for it. True our following is not that weak – but it is not even close to Codex or Chaos or the HH – and it is worryingly close the SWs. Our completion rate is also nothing to write home about at less than 2%. I think we are in a position that a reasonable amount of new recruits will stabilize the situation – but ultimately, our rivals are, at this stage at least, more productive. So all loyal Sons of the Lion must heed the call of the Inner Circle (that was recently expanded) and join in this effort! And for those Company Masters that have already joined, let’s see some early completions – we need the multiplier effect as much as any faction!

SPACE WOLVES

The SWs are breaking out form the last couple of years of lower presence and are now at a very respectable 45 participants! Not only that but the relatively early completion of a 3k vow gives them an impressive completion rate of 7.7% - the second best in the event. Their average vow also seems to be quite robust, ahead of the ETL average by some 60pts. So all’s well then? Well, yes and no. Yes, the SWs tick some very important boxes but there is still some room to improve. For one, the number of participants, although respectable for this stage of the event at 45, is not something that must put your minds at ease. Recruitment remains key as the Codex, Chaos and HH are way ahead, while the DAs are practically at the same level… Then it’s re-vowing rate. The fact that you had SW1s impressive completion early on, distorts the picture as it was a single vow. You need to utilize SW1 breakthrough and consolidate your positions with more completions and, most importantly, more new vows! To put it bluntly, re-vowing rate of 0% will not get you far.

IMPERIAL FORCES

The IFOR consolidated its position in the second week. However, it remains the faction with the lowest participation and the lowest average vow. As such Week 3 is now crucial: the IFOR needs to intensify its efforts on all fronts: recruitment, completion rates, re-vowing rates and improve on the average vow. With almost half the recruiting period over the remaining two weeks would make a huge difference on the strategy of the IFOR going forward. Will the IFOR close ranks and alleviate the burden of those who committed already? Only the future will tell.

REALM OF CHAOS

The Chaos team is in a really good place! They may have marginally fewer participants than the Codex team but they do have the largest average vow in the event! And a substantial amount of points completed already and with a strong 7% completion rate they seem to be in top form. But the re-vowing rate of only 5% tells a slightly different story. And 2/3 of their completions was a 3k mega-vow. So yeah, on paper things look great and to a large extent this reflects the truth. But there are some issues under the surface that unless addressed there may be a different picture next week. And they still have HH to deal with, a forum that seems to beat them on all counts… for now anyway.

HORUS HERESY

They appear to be the strongest faction. Maybe too strong for their own good, but we’ll get there when we get there… For now, everything seems to work for HH. Highest amount of participants, highest completed points, highest completion rate and among the highest re-vowing rates. So what could go wrong? How about everything? When things seem to go well on all fronts the risk of procrastination starts to seep in… Leading means you must keep on leading – your rivals won’t sit back and just watch you… And let me not remind you of last year’s reversal of fortune. So, things look good for now – it’s up to you to continue the effort to the (bitter?) end!

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:

1. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!

2. PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

Yay, at least we are on course to be not last this year.

Mighty proud of the Wolves, we have so far beaten our totals for last year.

All that remains now is to push on and et those completions in the bank.

We may not win overall this year, but in terms of improvement it is definitely our year :) 

Was sort of screwed over last year by moving house whilst ETL was going on, but I've a quick question.

When it comes down to successor chapters do they fall under the bog standard Codex grouping or another, say Blood Angels, Dark Angels, etc? And to top it all off, would the immediate aftermath of the Heresy (i.e. the Scouring) still fall under the Heresy grouping, or would it go well in either Codex/BA/DA/etc or Heresy?

What can I say? Like you said Semper, leading means we must keep on leading. We must be wary of other factions ploughing into revowing and trying to "close the gap" like last year. Completion rates mean everything these days.

Was sort of screwed over last year by moving house whilst ETL was going on, but I've a quick question.

When it comes down to successor chapters do they fall under the bog standard Codex grouping or another, say Blood Angels, Dark Angels, etc? And to top it all off, would the immediate aftermath of the Heresy (i.e. the Scouring) still fall under the Heresy grouping, or would it go well in either Codex/BA/DA/etc or Heresy?

It all boils down to what army list would you use. How you paint your minis is your call. If you want to do a BA Successor for example and you choose your units from the Codex: BAs then you play for the BA faction and should make your pledge in that Strategium. If your Successor is from the Iron Hands for example and you choose your units from Codex: SMs then you make your pledge in the Codex Strategium. Similarly, if you use the HH lists you play for the HH team... 

Should you have further questions, feel free to PM me to discuss. :)

It all boils down to what army list would you use. How you paint your minis is your call. If you want to do a BA Successor for example and you choose your units from the Codex: BAs then you play for the BA faction and should make your pledge in that Strategium. If your Successor is from the Iron Hands for example and you choose your units from Codex: SMs then you make your pledge in the Codex Strategium. Similarly, if you use the HH lists you play for the HH team...

Should you have further questions, feel free to PM me to discuss. smile.png

That more or less answers my questions. I'll start mulling over a list in the meantime. Cheers. \o

Another question.

If I vow a force of Flesh Tearers for the Heresy section, would I then be allowed to vow Blood Angels in addition so long as they make up part of the same army list? They'd still fall under the same set of rules, so it'd largely be a difference in physical appearance.

+++THIRD WEEKLY UPDATE+++

http://fortressofunforgiven.homestead.com/ETL_2016_Poster_00_Announcement.jpg

Well, we have now completed the Third Week, which means roughly ten more weeks to the end – not that much if you think about it… But more importantly only a week where new recruits are allowed in!

This is very important. By June 15th the doors of ETL V will close for ever to new recruits. This coming week will be the last chance to bolster your numbers and finalize the teams. The completions and re-vowing, although important, is less so in this stage compared to bringing in reinforcements!

So what is going on so far? We have 385 participants with more than 330k pts already pledged and 40k of them already completed! The completion rate doubled in the last week is now at 12% and growing fast!

Let’s see now the weekly stats in more detail:

E TENEBRAE LUX V – Week 3
Codex 63 75 48,949 7,406 15.1%
Blood Angels 41 47 22,938 2,455 10.7%
Dark Angels 47 49 31,566 1,205 3.8%
Space Wolves 50 53 46,333 4,772 10.2%
Forces of the Imperium 35 39 18,847 1,162 6.2%
Realm of Chaos 63 69 70,974 10,487 14.8%
Horus Heresy 86 97 92,837 12,724 13.7%
TOTAL 385 429 332,744 40,211 12.1%

And let’s see each Faction one by one:

CODEX
The Codex huge effort continues unabated! They have 15.1% completion rate, the highest in the ETL, the second highest amount of participants at par with Chaos, and a respectable 7.4k pts under their belt. However, the main risk is the relatively low average vow, which means that for the same number of participants they need a substantially higher re-vowing rate to make for the gap. The re-vowing rate of 19% is easily the highest, so you guys are doing this right, but is it high enough to secure victory? The 653pts average vow seems to be a severe handicap so you must really hope for a significant rise in your participants’ numbers in this last week to give you some breathing space! Still, highest completion rate! thumbsup.gif

BLOOD ANGELS
The Blood Angels did some serious recruiting in the past week, boosting their participant numbers north of 40. You don’t need me to tell you though that this week’s recruitment effort is beyond crucial! The average vow is virtually the lowest of the ETL and the re-vowing rate of 15% is significant but not enough to keep up with your immediate rivals. The completion rate of 10.7% is below the average of the ETL but i) it is not that low and ii) this may change abruptly at this stage – even within the span of a week… But, like in every other faction, the recruitment effort of this week is crucial! And larger vows won’t hurt either.

DARK ANGELS
Doesn’t look that good. I’m sorry to say that apart from the 47 participants which is an OK level, the average vow is below that of the Codex, and the completion rate is the lowest in the ETL! This is a cause for alarm. It seems that the DAs are repeating last year’s trend where completions came in late and although the completion rate among first vows was fine in August, late completions meant that there was little opportunity for re-vowing, depriving the DAs from the very important multiplier effect. So, in our case, seeing some completions is equally important as new recruits. Remember the low average vow is unlikely to change significantly from now on – so re-vowing is what will get us to the top position!

SPACE WOLVES
With 50 participants the Space Wolves are doing quite well on the recruitment front! Their average vow is above the ETL average but their completion rate at just above 10% is not that strong. Yet this is no cause for alarm. Completion rates will probably jump in Weeks 4 and 5 so the important thing is to keep the pace, increase the average vow and, of course, keep on recruiting. It appears that morale is high and there is a lot of drive there so there is little to say at this point. They are doing considerably better than the DAs and the BAs but are still behind the Codex and Chaos and of course HH. The important thing is to keep going – week three can be seen as an inflection point. Will you go up by increasing your manpower and your completion / re-vowing rate or will you run out of steam? Wolves being Wolves, I’d bet for the former!

IMPERIAL FORCES
The IFOR must step up the recruitment effort more than anyone else. Currently with 35 participants, they have the lowest following so it is imperative to boost their numbers. I especially expect to see some more support in the AdMech as last year they had a huge following! Having the lowest average vow in the ETL also doesn’t help so here’s where the re-vowing has an important part to play. I know that they also strive for the legendary 100% completion rate – but at 6% currently that also seems weak. What is needed here is a few timely completions to boost morale and I’m sure we’ll be seeing quite a different picture next week!

REALM OF CHAOS
Chaos is continuing to advance! With 63 participants, they’ve closed the gap with the Codex and with the highest average vow in the ETL things seem promising. However, there is an uneven distribution between the size of the vows and as the more point-rich vows are declared complete, the gap they have establish will wither. But these are concerns for week 5 onwards, because for now, they are in the same boat as everyone else i.e. get as many recruits as possible in this Week 4! You’re doing good on the completion rate front too with a 15% completion rate, but this can abruptly change. Make sure you have the resources in place to stem the tide of your rivals when the time comes! Keep on recruiting!

HORUS HERESY
The HH is still leading and has the highest following among all factions. There is little to say on the negative side but a thing to remember is that the final score, the score that wins ETLs, is adjusted with the completion rate. And the HH team does not have the highest at this point. But then again it’s neither the lowest. Frankly, things are looking quite strong for HH but these are still early days and as such one must be cautious. A moment of laxity spawns a lifetime of heresy. Take that as you will.

AS A LAST POINT I’D LIKE TO HIGHLIGHT TWO THINGS:
1. FOR THOSE WHO HAVE NOT YET SUBMITTED “BEFORE” PICS, WHEN YOU DO TAKE THEM, PLEASE EDIT THEM IN YOUR ORIGINAL VOW POST!
2. PLEASE ALL OF YOU CHECK THE SECOND POST OF YOUR STRATEGIUM TO MAKE SURE YOUR VOW IS CORRECTLY DEPICTED AND LINKED. LET ME KNOW IF YOU HAVE ANY ISSUES.

So until next week, keep the new recruits coming!!! biggrin.png

CHAOS WOOOOOOOOOOO!!!! 

Anyone vowing for chaos in this last week will be awarded an awesome banner for their siggy. :)

If any other strategiums copy this recruitment tactic, they will have copied something from Chaos with that admit that Chaos is the best. BOOOM!!! :p 

Archived